|Posted: July 24, 2005, 5:01 am - IP Logged|
I'm seriously thinking of going from lottery to lottery via e-mail and pitching this game. I'm going to post a few situations to get feedback.
Jackpots for Monday:
- Big Easy: $1,400,000 Annuity or $700,000 Cash
- Classic: $14,000,000 Annuity or $7,000,000 Cash
- Winner Take All: $9,000,000 Annuity or $4,500,000 Cash
A player decides to play his numbers in the Classic pool only. There are also two other pools, the Big Easy and the Winner Take All, all pools have a rolling jackpot. The player matches all 6 numbers and wins the Classic pool jackpot.
Jackpots for Thursday:
- Big Easy: $1,800,000 Annuity or $900,000 Cash
- Classic: $2,000,000 Annuity or $1,000,000 Cash
- Winner Take All: $9,500,000 Annuity or $4,750,000 Cash
Notice something wierd? The Classic jackpot was won, but no one in the BE and WTA pools matched all 6, and they continue to roll. Let's try another.
A player decides to splurge and enter his numbers in all 3 pools at once (for a price of $3 each). He manages to match 5 out of 6 numbers. Now what prize will he get from each pool?
- Big Easy: $3,248
- Classic: $1,221
- Winner Take All: No 5/6 category
The BE gets him the largest prize because more money is put in the lower tiers. The Classic doesn't get him as much because most of the money, 33.5% of Classic sales to be exact, goes to the jackpot. The WTA entry gets him nothing because all
of the money from WTA sales goes to the jackpot.