Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 7:00 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

For Todd>>

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Atomic Dog.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
takeitez's avatar - japheth
Carters Lake, Ga.
United States
Member #5313
June 29, 2004
1065 Posts
Posted: July 29, 2005, 6:22 am - IP Logged

Statistics for Prediction Winners for Thursday, July 28, 2005

• Total predictions: 63,920
  • Winning predictions: 249
  • Winning predictions percentage: 0.39%
  • Total simulated cost: $63,915.00
  • Total simulated prizes: $28,960.00
  • Prize Ratio: 45.31%
Todd,
  Don't know if you have it or not: the above info from 1 year ago or 2 years ago
  Would be interesting to see if us dummies have learned anything. I know I have improved by using deflate and inspect in my method.
  ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23352 Posts
    Posted: July 29, 2005, 7:31 am - IP Logged

I agree, now that there is a good deal of prediction history posted here (more than 16 million predictions!) it would be a good time to create some historical trend reports.

Maybe we can get some input from members who would look for this kind of thing: what should the reports show?

I'd assume that we'd want to see overall trends for the whole membership, as well as trends for each member.

Do we want to see monthly trends?  Weekly trends?  Daily?  (We need to be specific on what it is that we'll want to look at, we can't just say "I want to see everything", because although I could do it, it would take a long time to develop.)

What kind of data do we want to show over time?  Like you indicated above, we can show hit percentage and prize ratio, but is there other data we'd like to see over time?

Also, I'd like to develop some additional cumulative statistics for each member, like:

• Average picks per day overall
    • Avg. number of states predicted per day
    • Avg. number of games predicted per day
    • Top states of concentration (I had an idea of coming up with some type of calculation that could analyze someone's prediction patterns, and figure out which states they focus on)
    • Avg. hit ratio
    • Avg. prize ratio
    • Consistency (percentage of days with posted predictions)
    • ...What else?

Great idea, takeitez!  Let's get some input from everyone on this -- what do you want to see?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

takeitez's avatar - japheth
      Carters Lake, Ga.
      United States
      Member #5313
      June 29, 2004
      1065 Posts
      Posted: July 29, 2005, 8:33 am - IP Logged

Todd,

One other thing; I would bet even money that any person that has gone from a regular membership to a premium membership would show a marked improvement in their number selections. I am saying this not to promote sales, but to show the help provided by deflate, inspect and number statistics provided for each state ( a great tool overlooked by many.

Didn't mean to cause you any extra work! I was just wondering how we have improved since you started those great tools.

good luck

ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23352 Posts
        Posted: July 29, 2005, 11:10 am - IP Logged

I don't look at it as "extra work", I'm always looking for the best thing to be working on at any one moment.  I agree that it would be interesting to show how premium membership helps to improve hit ratios.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8394 Posts
          Posted: July 29, 2005, 11:43 am - IP Logged

I check ot the overall winners predictions stats page every day. You know the page that says see yesterdays winners.

I have noticed that the overall wins to losses ratio remains steady at about 45 % wins verses losses. As compaired to when Todd first started the prediction pages. It seems as we have gotten better at predicting. When we first started we were at like 35% daily wins verses losses. Because of the amount of predictions posted per day and the number of states i don't think this will get much better than 45% daily average. I could be wrong i didn't use a calculator for my averages just an observation.

Keep up the good work predictors and thank's to Todd for setting up this great site where we can all enjoy seeing each others picks and observing everyones wins. 

Atomic Dog's avatar - sniffer
            Minnesota
            United States
            Member #13028
            March 28, 2005
            870 Posts
            Posted: July 29, 2005, 11:51 am - IP Logged

Todd,

One other thing; I would bet even money that any person that has gone from a regular membership to a premium membership would show a marked improvement in their number selections. I am saying this not to promote sales, but to show the help provided by deflate, inspect and number statistics provided for each state ( a great tool overlooked by many.

Didn't mean to cause you any extra work! I was just wondering how we have improved since you started those great tools.

good luck

ez

EZ,

I'm proof of your statement above.  My win percentage went up dramatically after going PLATINUM.  I think this is mainly due to the fact that I can now use the Deflate 3 tool and the other Wheels at my heart's content.  These tools totally rock and are extremely effective!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far, it's the best money that I've spent on anything this year!

So ...... thanks Todd!  You rock!

Good Luck,

John (A.K.A. ATOMIC DOG)

BOW WOW WOW ......

...... YIPPY YOH YIPPY YAY!!!