|Posted: July 29, 2005, 7:31 am - IP Logged|
I agree, now that there is a good deal of prediction history posted here (more than 16 million predictions!) it would be a good time to create some historical trend reports.
Maybe we can get some input from members who would look for this kind of thing: what should the reports show?
I'd assume that we'd want to see overall trends for the whole membership, as well as trends for each member.
Do we want to see monthly trends? Weekly trends? Daily? (We need to be specific on what it is that we'll want to look at, we can't just say "I want to see everything", because although I could do it, it would take a long time to develop.)
What kind of data do we want to show over time? Like you indicated above, we can show hit percentage and prize ratio, but is there other data we'd like to see over time?
Also, I'd like to develop some additional cumulative statistics for each member, like:
- Average picks per day overall
- Avg. number of states predicted per day
- Avg. number of games predicted per day
- Top states of concentration (I had an idea of coming up with some type of calculation that could analyze someone's prediction patterns, and figure out which states they focus on)
- Avg. hit ratio
- Avg. prize ratio
- Consistency (percentage of days with posted predictions)
- ...What else?
Great idea, takeitez! Let's get some input from everyone on this -- what do you want to see?