Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Number Selection is the Key

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 11 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Lottery_Analyst's avatar - Batman
Georgia
United States
Member #1039
January 15, 2003
260 Posts
Posted: July 29, 2005, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

Hi Everyone,

I just noticed that there were many posts on the various systems to play, but in my opinion, the number one consideration over all of that is number selection.  To me, Todd’s wheels on the Lottery Post work just as great, if not better, than Gail Howard’s, Steve Player’s, Robert Serotic and any other wheel and strategy author. 

The above mentioned authors and others do cover number selection, but not in the depth that I think they should.  They mention hot, cold, skip, repeat, etc., but do they really explain to you what to look for and what to consider?  Take the Georgia Fantasy 5 and Lotto South for example, if you break up the number into groups, of the last 10 draws, 80% of Fantasy 5 was missing a group and 100% of Lotto South was missing a group.  In my opinion that is huge.  Divide the numbers up into groups such as 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, etc. and 100% of the time one or even two, and sometimes three of those groups will be missing.  Look at it the other way, if you play numbers similar to 4-13-26-35-43-49 where every group is included, you have about a 100% chance of NEVER winning the Lotto South jackpot.  Isn’t that something to think about?  Does anyone know if there is software out there that tracks group hits?  There are many other percentages to consider as well.  In general, numbers repeat from one drawing to the next an average of 60% to 90% of the time.   Add all of these occurrences together and you have some powerful tools to reduce the number field. 

Again, the best wheel or software in the world will not win squat if you don’t chose the right numbers.  For those of you that have been playing for years and already know what I am talking about, disregard this post.  I am just tired of people pushing magical systems when I feel we should all be concentrating on the numbers.  By the way, I did a search on “Number Selection” for the last 12 months and only 2 hits came back.  That is why I posted my thoughts and ideas today.

Blessings and Fortunes to all.

Thanks,

LA - John

United States
    Member #1759
    June 29, 2003
    1156 Posts
    Posted: July 29, 2005, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

There is software that Tracks Number Groups or Decades (Gail Howard,Lottery Director and Lotto-Whiz 2000 Pro)

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23349 Posts
      Posted: July 29, 2005, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

Using Lottery Post custom wheels, you can create wheels that allow only certain decades or number groups to appear in whatever positions you specify.

Gold and Platinum members get a very full suite of filters, which Lantern helped me to identify.

To create a custom wheel, click Wheels in the Resources menu, then select either a Pick 5 or a Pick 6 wheel, then choose a Full Wheel of your choice.  When the page comes up, click the Show Filters button to customize the wheel.

It is quite powerful.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Georgia
        United States
        Member #1039
        January 15, 2003
        260 Posts
        Posted: July 29, 2005, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Pick-4 Master,

I was not aware there was software out there that tracked groups.

Thanks also Todd,

I guess I need to read and play with the filter abilities on the Lottery Post wheels as well.

Good to know.

Thanks,

LA - John

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19898 Posts
          Posted: July 29, 2005, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

John,

I know a lot the members agree with you, but so far no one has come up with a consistence way to select a small group of numbers that has all the winners. In the jackpot forum, participants in the Maddog  and Pigskin challenges try to do this by picking a group of 12-18 white balls and 4-6 bonus balls.  Once in a while some one might get a 4+1, but usually it's more likely 1-3 + 0-1.

Most lottery software will track or compare a group of numbers with previous drawings, you may have to redefine the group for each search.

People push those magical systems because they create illusions of a winning system and that is necessary if you're trying to sell them.  For example I read a post the other day about a system that created 10 sets of pick3 numbers to play for 30 days and guaranteed a box or straight hit or its price would be happily refunded to any customer who could prove they played the numbers for 30 days continually and didn't get a hit.  Sounds magical but when you think about it, the odds of a box hit is 1:220 and if you have to buy 300 tickets to get a box hit, you're doing worst than the odds.

Good luck to you.
          RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: July 29, 2005, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

Hi Everyone,

I just noticed that there were many posts on the various systems to play, but in my opinion, the number one consideration over all of that is number selection.  To me, Todd’s wheels on the Lottery Post work just as great, if not better, than Gail Howard’s, Steve Player’s, Robert Serotic and any other wheel and strategy author. 

The above mentioned authors and others do cover number selection, but not in the depth that I think they should.  They mention hot, cold, skip, repeat, etc., but do they really explain to you what to look for and what to consider?  Take the Georgia Fantasy 5 and Lotto South for example, if you break up the number into groups, of the last 10 draws, 80% of Fantasy 5 was missing a group and 100% of Lotto South was missing a group.  In my opinion that is huge.  Divide the numbers up into groups such as 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, etc. and 100% of the time one or even two, and sometimes three of those groups will be missing.  Look at it the other way, if you play numbers similar to 4-13-26-35-43-49 where every group is included, you have about a 100% chance of NEVER winning the Lotto South jackpot.  Isn’t that something to think about?  Does anyone know if there is software out there that tracks group hits?  There are many other percentages to consider as well.  In general, numbers repeat from one drawing to the next an average of 60% to 90% of the time.   Add all of these occurrences together and you have some powerful tools to reduce the number field. 

Again, the best wheel or software in the world will not win squat if you don’t chose the right numbers.  For those of you that have been playing for years and already know what I am talking about, disregard this post.  I am just tired of people pushing magical systems when I feel we should all be concentrating on the numbers.  By the way, I did a search on “Number Selection” for the last 12 months and only 2 hits came back.  That is why I posted my thoughts and ideas today.

Blessings and Fortunes to all.

Thanks,

LA - John

Who's pushing magical systems? Ideas and potential systems are presented here at the Lottery Post for examination. Nobody is putting a gun to your head. Why even bother being on the post if you have to filter out systems beforehand. That is what this medium is about in the first place. If one particular idea doesn't seem interesting, just move on. That's all.

Georgia
              United States
              Member #1039
              January 15, 2003
              260 Posts
              Posted: July 29, 2005, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

Gee Pacattack05,

Having a bad Friday?  No need to attack me.  I have no problem with ideas and potential systems, especially legitimate ones.  My post was about examining new ideas instead of relying so much on old ones that do not seem to be working, or at least not work consistently.  There are many “magical systems for winning the lottery” out there.  Too many.  Just do a search on the web for lottery systems.  Todd does a great job of filtering out Spam but sometimes one of those “magical system” postings gets through on here as well.  Read RJOH’s reply before yours. Would you refer a system that you felt was bad or worthless to a friend, or would you warn your friends about it?

I have tried even the legitimate authors and tried their system many times mind you, and I have faired much better using my own strategies.  Plain and simple, I am just suggesting that it is time to try new ideas and strategies and not rely so much on outdated strategies and old systems that have not worked for me.  As you have suggested, I have moved on, but part of being a lottery post member is sharing experiences as well.  My experience is no system will work if you don’t pursue better ways to trap the winning numbers among your number group.  If you have any ideas or suggestions for selecting the numbers I would love to hear them.  I am trying a test of a system of mine now on paper that utilizes the 13 number key wheel here on the post.  If the results continue to be positive, I will share my findings with everyone.  Time will tell though. 

Anyway, Thanks and have a great weekend,

LA - John

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19898 Posts
                Posted: July 29, 2005, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

John,

If you find a way to consistently trap enough winning numbers in a group of 13 to win some money, you will have a "magical system for winning the lottery".  Good luck to you.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: July 29, 2005, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

Gee Pacattack05,

Having a bad Friday?  No need to attack me.  I have no problem with ideas and potential systems, especially legitimate ones.  My post was about examining new ideas instead of relying so much on old ones that do not seem to be working, or at least not work consistently.  There are many “magical systems for winning the lottery” out there.  Too many.  Just do a search on the web for lottery systems.  Todd does a great job of filtering out Spam but sometimes one of those “magical system” postings gets through on here as well.  Read RJOH’s reply before yours. Would you refer a system that you felt was bad or worthless to a friend, or would you warn your friends about it?

I have tried even the legitimate authors and tried their system many times mind you, and I have faired much better using my own strategies.  Plain and simple, I am just suggesting that it is time to try new ideas and strategies and not rely so much on outdated strategies and old systems that have not worked for me.  As you have suggested, I have moved on, but part of being a lottery post member is sharing experiences as well.  My experience is no system will work if you don’t pursue better ways to trap the winning numbers among your number group.  If you have any ideas or suggestions for selecting the numbers I would love to hear them.  I am trying a test of a system of mine now on paper that utilizes the 13 number key wheel here on the post.  If the results continue to be positive, I will share my findings with everyone.  Time will tell though. 

Anyway, Thanks and have a great weekend,

LA - John

I'm not attacking anybody......sorry if you felt that way....I came across your thread and responded....again i apologize if I went sour....I was just stating my opinion.......

As far as cautioning people of futile attempts in purchasing a lottery system....I have....I've done so in the past

I'm not having a bad friday, though that made me laugh... 

As far as letting you know of any systems of that might help like you mentioned in the last paragraph....as to help in selecting numbers ......here it goes like i said when I joined this post......

900 psibilities gone.........

0??

1??

2??

3??

4??

5??

6??

7??

8??

9??

Just fill in the last two numbers which you think might be next.

You now only have to contend with a 100 possibilities, not a thousand....

I haven't seen that system for sale anywhere....

Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #1039
                    January 15, 2003
                    260 Posts
                    Posted: July 29, 2005, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

Pacattack05,

Now you made me laugh.  Thanks for your system.  I personally do not play Cash 3 or Cash 4.  Only Pick 5 and Lotto 6. 

Have a great night.

Thanks,

LA - John

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: July 29, 2005, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

good luck....

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: July 29, 2005, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

Don't worry I love you Lottery_analyst..........it's all good......Just a discussion...love your neighbors.....you only live once......We're all brothers and sisters......keep the peace......!!!!