Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A Sure-Pay Keno Game

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Would you play a 1/70, single prize, daily pay-without-fail Keno game if your State had one?

No [ 2 ]  [50.00%]
Yes [ 2 ]  [50.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 4 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: July 29, 2005, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

I was thinking about this mainly for States with relatively small populations. 

(I've got the biggest mosquito in the United States buzzing around my head at the moment, so I'm not thinking too clearly).

A 1/70 game, one prize daily for the ticket that hits the most numbers drawn that day.  Prize?  In my State, maybe $10K-$15K because of the small population base.  Larger States who could support it, larger prizes.

The reason I'm asking is this:

In New Mexico, there's a general air of suspicion about the NM Lotteries numbers games.... a belief that they're little more than a donation to the tax-base and educational system.  Roll-overs contribute to that belief, along with the certainty that most draws nobody wins anything much worth winning.

I suspect New Mexicans would favor something with a sure, significant payout, no matter what the overall odds and how much revenue it brought in,m and buy a lot of tickets.

I'd be curious to know your views.

Jack

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: July 29, 2005, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

I voted yes....I think those kind of percentages of rollovers and the poulation is the trade-off. Are there lower tier prizes for getting less numbers? or just that one prize that you mentioned?

I think the extensive rollovers are due to what you were saying about poulation. Again that's the trade-off. Obviously if there were more people, a greater chance of winners would be seen.

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: July 29, 2005, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Single prize was what I had in mind... no lower tiers on this particular game. 

I think New Mexicans are poor enough, and uneducated enough to believe that if it's a sure-fire cinch that someone's going to win an amount of money that would buy a good used car or pay off one of the credit cards, they'd buy tickets.  I see them doing that with raffles, crooked to the core, with prizes of used livestock trailers, old cars, turquoise hatbands, saddles, all manner of things, a lot. 

I'm poor and uneducated enough to buy those kinds of tickets occasionally, my ownself, and I know enough when I buy them to ask the question, "Who's going to win?"

However, knowing someone's going to win, even though it's going to be the wife or the son of the guy raffling it off who wins, an awfully lot of people still buy them.

Jack

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: August 5, 2005, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

If a lotto-type game has no lower tiers, it would be a hard sell.