Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 3:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

My best advice for any lottery player...

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Blackapple.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Pinback's avatar - driver
Ohio
United States
Member #5810
July 22, 2004
120 Posts
Posted: August 3, 2005, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

For the past 2-3 weeks I've put a serious amount of time and effort into experimenting with new methods and trying to improve my odds when playing the lottery.  Most of my efforts have been in the Pick 5 area, but I've also been doing some experimentation with Pick 3 and Pick 4.

When I look back at the carnage behind me, and most importantly where my Ohio Rolling Cash 5 playing is now compared to where it was when I started, one thing is perfectly clear:  Do NOT get fixated!

Do not get fixated on any one idea, method, concept or pretty much anything else!  There were three very distinct points during the past weeks where I just KNEW I had the ultimate Pick 5 method.  But each time some little thing continued to gnaw at me and each time I went back and worked and tested and thought some more.  And each time I had a breakthrough that improved my game and showed me that I wasn't nearly as smart as I had thought I was!

My point is that each time it was important for me to keep moving... like a shark through lottery waters.  If I had put on my horse blinders a week ago and decided I had the best thing going, I would have missed my opportunity to go from a valid chance to win the jackpot once every six months or so to a valid chance to win every single day!

So don’t get in a rut.  Keep learning, testing, trying and moving.

Now, get back to work…  <g>
    fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
    Chicago,IL.
    United States
    Member #2902
    November 29, 2003
    1442 Posts
    Posted: August 3, 2005, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

Hit big, quit playing.Big Grin

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

Pinback's avatar - driver
      Ohio
      United States
      Member #5810
      July 22, 2004
      120 Posts
      Posted: August 3, 2005, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

Hit big, quit playing.Big Grin

I see you're a "big picture" kind of person...  <g>

NemeSys's avatar - Nemesis
        Harrogate
        United Kingdom
        Member #16589
        June 1, 2005
        107 Posts
        Posted: August 3, 2005, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Fixation is what's kept me going (those who know me would call it stubbornness). I do agree that a method has to be discarded if it keeps coming up short (no point flagellating a deceased equine).

I come from a rigorous maths background, so I like to think I know what's worth working on and what isn't (though some people go with what they feel is 'right'). I guess it just comes down to personal experience.

Blackapple's avatar - nw rogue2.jpg
          Wyncote,Pa
          United States
          Member #3206
          January 3, 2004
          61447 Posts
          Posted: August 3, 2005, 7:55 pm - IP Logged
          And each time I had a breakthrough that improved my game and showed me that I wasn't nearly as smart as I had thought I was!

My point is that each time it was important for me to keep moving... like a shark through lottery waters. 

You are right,flaws drives me for

improvement.Glad for them,better

picker than before.Can't wait for the

next major flaw.Since no one is 100%

most times .I'm happy at being 75%-

90%.But a flat 0%, its back to the

drawing board to find the error.