Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tickets Per Reel??

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 11 years ago by PS Master.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Northford
United States
Member #19679
August 4, 2005
2 Posts
Posted: August 4, 2005, 4:51 am - IP Logged

Does anyone have any idea how many tickets come on a reel in Connecticut?  Does it vary from state to state, game to game, value to value?  Does anyone have something other than a stab in the dark?

Thanks...

Miss Bee's avatar - strawberry
    nashville
    United States
    Member #4990
    June 8, 2004
    1376 Posts
    Posted: August 4, 2005, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

In Tennessee There are 300 tickets on a 1.00 roll  150 tickets on a 2.00 roll and 30 tickets on a 5.00 and 10.00 roll

The lottery charges the retailer 300.00 every time they activate a roll of tickets

I would assume it would be the same in every state since the tickets come from only a couple of distributers, not sure though.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
      North Dakota
      United States
      Member #13397
      April 5, 2005
      1623 Posts
      Posted: August 4, 2005, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

In TN there are 60 in a $5 roll. 

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Northford
        United States
        Member #19679
        August 4, 2005
        2 Posts
        Posted: August 4, 2005, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

Thanks

So most likely in Connecticut a $3 probably has somewhere between 100 and 150 tickets?  And does anyone have any idea how many rolls a fairly busy convenient store might carry.  Do all ticket distributers carry the same amount of rolls?  These don't seem like questions that some guy behind the counter would be willing to share the answers to.

Miss Bee's avatar - strawberry
          nashville
          United States
          Member #4990
          June 8, 2004
          1376 Posts
          Posted: August 4, 2005, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

You are right Tnplayer my math is off today, maybe one of the reasons I'm having trouble on pick 3 and 4, smile.

My friends store that I am at a lot is only allowed so many rolls based on the sales of his tickets, example they sell a lot of Jumbo Bucks therefore they will allow more rolls of those but slow sellers they won;t allow you or they discourage you from having to many in your overstock.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: August 13, 2005, 1:52 am - IP Logged

i thought about buying a whole 5 dollar roll next time i get a nice paycheck and seeing how well i do on it....

FL
              United States
              Member #11275
              February 9, 2005
              15 Posts
              Posted: August 29, 2005, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone have any idea how many tickets come on a reel in Connecticut?  Does it vary from state to state, game to game, value to value?  Does anyone have something other than a stab in the dark?

Thanks...

Does it vary from state to state?

Yes

game to game/value to value?

It will vary by price of ticket but each "reel" will contain the same number.  For example, all $1 tickets will be 300 per "reel" for all $1 games in certain states.  But you will not see 150 tickets and 300 tickets per $1 game in the same state.  They usually stick to a standard and asking a friendly shop owner where you live will get you more info.  Some states will run similar sizes like 60 per their $5 AND $10.  Depends on the state...