Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Those who win a lottery

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Estonia
Member #9346
December 5, 2004
8 Posts
Posted: August 4, 2005, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

I was just thinking that no matter how hard we are working on finding the way to win, jackpots are usually won by lucky 'lottery-strangers' who just stopped by to buy a ticket with random numbers without any predicting and calculating stuff. Did anyone ever hear of any winner who actually hit the jackpot using his 'strategy'. Almost all the stories say that it was pure luck and often the numbers were even randomly picked by the machine.

I guess if anyone ever create a system of how to win, then lotteries will simply be gone as there will be no sense buying it. The jackpots will be around $ 1-2 dollars

I read on the Iternet that ony guy keeps winning 4 or 5 times in a row (hope, someone from this board ;) ) and a detective launched an investigation into that case 'cause he says he does not believe it's pure luck.

And, to be honest, if you found the system of how to win, a reeeaaaal system which REALLY works, would you share this at this forum?

Just curious,

Me

United States
    Member #5565
    July 11, 2004
    260 Posts
    Posted: August 4, 2005, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

In a large jackpot, you have to win with either luck or you need to buy enough tickets to allow skill (i.e., the improvement over random chance through careful selection) to be a factor.  Most winners appear to be persistent players, playing a small number of tickets regularly, while I've noticed a number of fairly large office pools who go on to win.  I think the point is that even if you can apply your knowledge and skill to improve your chances by a 100-fold over the given probabilities you still have to buy a lot of tickets to win the biggest lotteries to win by other than pure chance.

Lottery_Analyst's avatar - Batman
      Georgia
      United States
      Member #1039
      January 15, 2003
      260 Posts
      Posted: August 4, 2005, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

Hi Buddyguard,

Where did you read about someone winning a jackpot 4 or 5 times in a row?  What state or country?

I haven't heard or read that one yet.

Thanks,

LA - John

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19816 Posts
        Posted: August 4, 2005, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

He's probably talking about the case of the couple who had a winning streak in the loser contest covered here: http://www.lotterypost.com/news/116981.htm

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: August 4, 2005, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Yeah... I heard about that a week ago. I forget what state, but they did an investigation on him and it turned out that there was nothing illegal happening. He claimed it was just luck.

I've heard about a couple of people who've won the jacpot twice, some years ago. Talk about luck!

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8359 Posts
            Posted: August 4, 2005, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

Some people might win some pick 5 games using a wheel they chose. That wheel probably cost upwards of 150 dollars to play each time. However that wheel must contain every number that was drawn. It's finding and having placed those number in the correct position in the wheel that might produce the winning combination. Since nobody knows what numbers are going to be drawn it's a hit and miss thing for sure. However if you won a 500,000 dollar game you could afford to continue playing whatever version wheel you can afford to play. Some people who win end up spending half or more than they should trying to win a second time.

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: August 4, 2005, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

Wisconsin.