Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do you consider a successful system?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 11 years ago by sagan.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

If you use a system for 5 drawings, what would equate to a good or valuable system in your opinion?

Winning $$ 5 out of the 5 drawings (100%) [ 5 ]  [16.67%]
Winning $$ 4 out of the 5 drawings (80%) [ 6 ]  [20.00%]
Winning $$ 3 out of the 5 drawings (60%) [ 10 ]  [33.33%]
Winning $$ 2 out of the 5 drawings (40%) [ 7 ]  [23.33%]
I play the same system regardless if I win. [ 2 ]  [6.67%]
Total Valid Votes [ 30 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
Lottery_Analyst's avatar - Batman
Georgia
United States
Member #1039
January 15, 2003
260 Posts
Posted: August 4, 2005, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

I approach the Lottery as not only a hobby but a fun, part time business.  While I truly plan on winning the jackpot one day like most of you, I am also in this to make money, not lose money.  I don’t drink or smoke or run around on my wife, so this is my only vice or passion outside of my family. 

I have a strict budget I stick to and play with each week, and having said that, I always hope to show a profit at the end of the year as opposed to showing a loss when it comes to my lottery playing strategies.  That is why I never seriously consider a system or idea for long if it can’t win or at least break even over 50% of the time.  I have read many, many books and tried many, many systems, ideas and strategies over the years.  I have yet to find a system that wins as consistently as I would hope.  Once a few years ago, I one 4 of 5 in the Georgia Fantasy 5 three nights in a row.  I thought I was on to something, but ironically after those 3 nights I did not win 4 of 5 again for months.  That is the way it goes.  I will keep reading, inventing, and searching until I find that consistent system.  I was just curious what others on the Post felt a successful system was?

Keep in mind that even if you buy quick picks, that is your system or option of choice.

Thanks,

LA - John

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19831 Posts
    Posted: August 4, 2005, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

Any system that continually beat the odds is a successful system.  Beating the odds doesn't alway mean you will show a profit, for example the overall odds of winning a prize in the Ohio Rolling Cash5 in 1:9 and I've averaged 3:10, but most of the prizes were 2of5 for $1 so overall I lost money.  Like other pick5, pick6 and jackpot games, if you don't win a jackpot, you're losing money even if you beat the odds.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8364 Posts
      Posted: August 4, 2005, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

A system that would produce 5 out of 5 for 5 trips would tickle me pink. I'd be very thankful. However if that system did it 2 times in a row i would cash in on the third try buy buying the maximum allowable tickets for that draw and keep it within the payout threshold of the allowable payout.

If that system only produced 4 out of 5 i would continue to work with it. Until it stopped working. If the system only produced 3 out of 5 occasionally i would try and find a way to make it work better. If the last 2  out comes i just said cost more to play than i won. I would scrap the system. 

rowdy117's avatar - image php?u=2413&dateline=1135265132
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #12466
        March 14, 2005
        29 Posts
        Posted: August 4, 2005, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Any system or combination of systems that makes money.  Even with Pick3, if you make more than you spend, just have the cashier run your playslips through two or three or four times.  A year is a good time interval. 

United States
          Member #5914
          July 27, 2004
          64 Posts
          Posted: August 5, 2005, 2:13 am - IP Logged

Lottery game odds and payouts are often structured in such a way that even if you do an great job of beating the odds, you still don't win big, or even possibly break even. Luck is still the largest determining factor of big wins, even with a good system.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3104 Posts
            Posted: August 7, 2005, 12:52 am - IP Logged

Successful would be winning lower tier prizes often enough to reduce my playing costs while trying for the jackpot.  There are some small wheels for 10 and 12 numbers with two 5if6 prizes and multiple 4# and 3# prizes where a win would cover the playing costs for almost the next hundred draws, so it's all a ratio as to what constitutes success.  BobP

United States
              Member #16612
              June 2, 2005
              3493 Posts
              Posted: August 7, 2005, 2:49 am - IP Logged

My dad just picks his own numbers on his own. Then, he lets me buy his tickets. Someday, we'll hit a jackpot.

N.ireland
                United Kingdom
                Member #2962
                December 6, 2003
                69 Posts
                Posted: August 7, 2005, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

playing the game for free.

fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
                  Chicago,IL.
                  United States
                  Member #2902
                  November 29, 2003
                  1427 Posts
                  Posted: August 14, 2005, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

"what would equate to a good or valuable system in your opinion?"

one that hits the jackpot the first time you use it. Big Grin

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

United States
                    Member #1759
                    June 29, 2003
                    1156 Posts
                    Posted: August 18, 2005, 11:47 am - IP Logged

I don't need too hit the Pick-5/6 consistantly just need too Hit a JACKPOT once and I'll be fine,hitting the Cash 3 more than once is a lot easier I've hit it at least 5 times in the past several years.Right now I'm concentrating on the Pick-5 here in FL using an ingenious NUMBER method I just came up with plus I use "LottoMan" too wheel and filter my numbers I get around 4-8 combinations and just started using it.

United States
                      Member #1759
                      June 29, 2003
                      1156 Posts
                      Posted: August 18, 2005, 11:53 am - IP Logged

I don't believe in "Luck" just hard work and determination "nothing" in this world happens by chance or is Luck related in my opinion it just happens because it was meant too or you made it happen.

Lottery_Analyst's avatar - Batman
                        Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #1039
                        January 15, 2003
                        260 Posts
                        Posted: August 18, 2005, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

Pick-4 Master,

Well said.  I agree with you 100%.  I don't believe in luck, good or bad, either....

I Agree!

cahaba's avatar - moon
                          Birmingham
                          United States
                          Member #18850
                          July 21, 2005
                          82 Posts
                          Posted: August 19, 2005, 12:03 am - IP Logged

Lots of things can in this world can happen by chance, so I don't necessarily believe that if something happens "it was meant to be". Sure, you make it happen, but someone else has to be on the other end.

By the way, this is my first post, and I am happy to be a part of the community.

Cheers,

Cahaba

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                            Member #4877
                            May 30, 2004
                            5124 Posts
                            Posted: August 19, 2005, 11:28 am - IP Logged

Pick-4 Master,

Well said.  I agree with you 100%.  I don't believe in luck, good or bad, either....

I Agree!

First of all........I must vote in the 60p/$ column with this poll. (good subject)

but, can't agree 100p/$ with either of you.....on luck, good or bad................

cause I don't know how to apply it to this game .......point (if we need expln)

how can you bring  luck into this game????????????? It's you WIN or LOSE.

LA.......you have the right attitude......save money........and cast your $$$$$$

in the sea of the game of your choice^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

HOPE...........ONE  of YOU will WIN BIG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SOON or

maby, me???  ALL I know for now, IT COST........MONEY, MOE.....MONEY and

I've  RETOVERTED  to QP's....(next 6-months) $trengh in number$...............

or $omething like that, GOOD LUCK to  ALL.......SOON$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PSYKOMO 

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
                              Florence, Alabama
                              United States
                              Member #8658
                              November 13, 2004
                              1993 Posts
                              Posted: August 19, 2005, 11:36 am - IP Logged

Welcome aboard Cahaba,

I think any system that gets your money back and some sort of profit is successful. So if winning 1 draw a week gets your money back then that system is successful.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!