Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A New Lucky For Life

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 11 years ago by JimmySand9.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: August 8, 2005, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

Here is an exact quote from the PA website:

*NOTE:  The set prize amounts published here are based on the expected number of winners sharing in the prize pool.  In some cases, these prizes can be paid on a pari-mutuel basis and will be lower than these published prize levels.  Refer to the Official Game Rules for a detailed explanation of optional pari-mutuel payment If more than five winning first prize (jackpot) plays are determined in the same drawing, each is entitled to a share of annual payments totaling $180,000.  Each share is limited to annual payments for the lifetime of the winner equal to $180,000 divided by the actual number of jackpot prize winners.  In these cases, the minimum lifetime amount is determined to be 28 annual payments each in the amount as determined above.

1) Am I understanding this correctly to mean that there are only 28 annual payments of $36,000 (gross payments) for any winner, whether or not you are the sole winner (or one of several with the same winning 6 numbers?) 

2) If so, why do they publicize all over the place "for life"!????  Since when does "for life" mean 28 years only???  I'd LOVE to see someone contest this in court!!! I sure would!!!

3) I find the wording confusing.  Also, can this prize be transferred if you die? 

Please clarify for me, if you can, thanks. 

You have to understand that 28 years is the MINIMUM amount of time the payments will be made. If you live beyond that, they will continue. But if you die before the 28 years is up, the payments will continue to your estate until the 28-year period is up. Whew. I can see why lump-sum payments are so good. They're easier on your mind!

(insert signature here)

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: August 8, 2005, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

I will never have to worry about the exact wording, because I will NEVER play it without a cash option!

United States
      Member #16612
      June 2, 2005
      3493 Posts
      Posted: August 12, 2005, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

I will never play Lucky for Life unless there is a cash option. If I had won, I would take 28+ year option. It's fair if I live more than 28 years after I win Lucky for Life.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
        Yinzer Country, PA
        United States
        Member #4067
        March 18, 2004
        2741 Posts
        Posted: August 13, 2005, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy:

I don't understand why tyou could up the monthly payments for an older person because you don't know when they're going to die.  For all we know there could be an 80 year old who wins and lives to be 110, but since you would up the monthly payment amount, they'd be getting more.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
          Member #1826
          July 11, 2003
          2645 Posts
          Posted: August 13, 2005, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

There are companies who provide lifetime annuities. My plan was to use a commercial service to provide the annuity.

(insert signature here)