Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 9:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Self Adapting Software

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 11 years ago by MillionsWanted.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: August 6, 2005, 2:08 am - IP Logged

I'm pretty sure there is something like this out there. A self adapting software that can learn the overall general movement concerning ball activity.

Take the entire state's history of winning numbers and have the program take a ride along the way, over and over until it knows at what point to turn a corner, or when to speed up because you know the lights going to change to red soon.

In florida there is about 5 thousand numbers since the inception of the game. I wish there were more numbers to analyze....oh well......

I see this as the future in predictions. After all, most of the successful and expensive robots in Japan have programs that have those same qualities in learning behaviours. Thank God for the science channel.

Then again, if you had $350,000.00 to spend on a piece of software, you wouldn't need to beat the lottery.Bang Head

Canada
    Member #12229
    March 8, 2005
    28 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2005, 4:45 am - IP Logged

You're referring to "neural nets" whose purpose is to "learn" behaviours in a similar way to the human brain (or at least our current understanding of it), and at the moment it's a promising field, but still pretty rudimentary (training them to recognize pictures, differentiate between pics of men and women, etc).

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
      Member #9517
      December 10, 2004
      1272 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2005, 6:54 am - IP Logged

I have thought about the different approaches to trying to predict lottery results.

The idea of using Visual Recurrence Analysis and Neural Networks sounds
      smart since they look for patterns in physical draws and not just statistics.

Another thing which can be used is Markov Chains. Don't know much about this yet.
      A Markov Chain program can be downloaded from saliu.com.

I think we just have to give up the idea of forecasting a whole draw.
      Finding ways to predict one or two key numbers would be sufficient.

NemeSys's avatar - Nemesis
        Harrogate
        United Kingdom
        Member #16589
        June 1, 2005
        107 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2005, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

The Markov.exe file can be found at http://www.saliu.com/free-science.html

I downloaded, ran it, input the file names as described...the DOS window just sits there. Can anyone else make this thing work? Personally I doubt Markov chains are the way to go, but I'm not the Delphic oracle.

Pinback's avatar - driver
          Ohio
          United States
          Member #5810
          July 22, 2004
          120 Posts
          Posted: August 6, 2005, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

I downloaded, ran it, input the file names as described...the DOS window just sits there. Can anyone else make this thing work? Personally I doubt Markov chains are the way to go, but I'm not the Delphic oracle.

I don't see anything that tells me what the input format for the numbers is supposed to look like.  Am I missing that somewhere?

paurths's avatar - underground
            Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
            Belgium
            Member #19287
            July 29, 2005
            2254 Posts
            Posted: August 6, 2005, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

Hi NemeSys,

do not doubleclick on the file itself.

Use a dosprompt, navigate in the doswindow to the folder where markov.exe is stored, and type at the prompt:
            markov < fileIn.txt > fileOut.txt

where ofcourse you replace filein.txt and fileout.txt with the files you use. (the outputfile will be created if it does not exist yet)

I've tested it today, it gave me 972 combinations. 26 of them gave me 3 out of 6. Not very impressive...

paurths's avatar - underground
              Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
              Belgium
              Member #19287
              July 29, 2005
              2254 Posts
              Posted: August 6, 2005, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

I don't see anything that tells me what the input format for the numbers is supposed to look like.  Am I missing that somewhere?

Put 6 numbers in 1 row, seperated by a space (i always use 2, as in the mdiEditor)
              I copy the numbers from an access-table and juste paste them in the textfile.

6 17 30 33 35 40
              3 7 21 23 35 38
              40 1 3 4 25 27
              29 34 35 4 7 9

Pinback's avatar - driver
                Ohio
                United States
                Member #5810
                July 22, 2004
                120 Posts
                Posted: August 6, 2005, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

Put 6 numbers in 1 row, seperated by a space (i always use 2, as in the mdiEditor)
                I copy the numbers from an access-table and juste paste them in the textfile.

6 17 30 33 35 40
                3 7 21 23 35 38
                40 1 3 4 25 27
                29 34 35 4 7 9

Thanks!

NemeSys's avatar - Nemesis
                  Harrogate
                  United Kingdom
                  Member #16589
                  June 1, 2005
                  107 Posts
                  Posted: August 6, 2005, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

I forgot about the DOS prompt, Paurths, thank you!

So, I ran the UK main draws through it (tonight's draw results were 3 6 7 17 30 34). Out of 134 generated combinations only a few pairs were predicted (like 3 and 6, 7 and 17). I can't say I'm sold on it, I'll stick with VRA.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                    Member #9517
                    December 10, 2004
                    1272 Posts
                    Posted: August 7, 2005, 3:19 am - IP Logged

I think the draw list should be with oldest draws first in the list, new draws last.