Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

California Mega Millions 5+0 prize: $1.25 million!

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by ryanm.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23259 Posts
Posted: August 6, 2005, 10:07 am - IP Logged

Did you see what someone would have won in California if they hit 5+0 in Mega Millions last night?

Check it out:

http://www.usamega.com/mega-millions-drawing.asp?d=8/5/2005

This is pretty cool - like a Pick 5 jackpot game in itself!  Who would have guessed?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
    North Dakota
    United States
    Member #13397
    April 5, 2005
    1623 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2005, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

WOW.  I wonder if the CA players know about that.  I think a few more would play if they caught that info. 

How are you going to win if you don't play?

United States
      Member #16612
      June 2, 2005
      3493 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2005, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

Not even one ticket hit 5 numbers for the state of CA last night. If only one ticket did hit 5 numbers but missed the MEGA Ball, they would win $1.25 million. I think it is rolled over if no one from CA hits 5 numbers.

danisiri's avatar - Avatar all_for_Jesus.jpg

United States
        Member #13684
        April 11, 2005
        77 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2005, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

I live in CA and play MM when it surpasses my preestablished jackpot threshold.  I knew about the large second tier prize.  But, I chose not to play since the CA SuperLotto Plus jackpot is larger (currently) than the MM jackpot. 

Nevertheless, the lottery commission is not advertising the large second tier prize, since I think it may complicate things in the minds of the general public.

danisiri's avatar - Avatar all_for_Jesus.jpg

United States
          Member #13684
          April 11, 2005
          77 Posts
          Posted: August 6, 2005, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

Not even one ticket hit 5 numbers for the state of CA last night. If only one ticket did hit 5 numbers but missed the MEGA Ball, they would win $1.25 million. I think it is rolled over if no one from CA hits 5 numbers.

By the way, the rollover only jumped from $1.2 million to $1.25 million during the previous drawing.  Perhaps it will increase more than $50K this time since the MM jackpot is getting larger and will be attracting more players.

Morrison, IL
            United States
            Member #4657
            May 13, 2004
            1884 Posts
            Posted: August 6, 2005, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

I live in CA and play MM when it surpasses my preestablished jackpot threshold.  I knew about the large second tier prize.  But, I chose not to play since the CA SuperLotto Plus jackpot is larger (currently) than the MM jackpot. 

Nevertheless, the lottery commission is not advertising the large second tier prize, since I think it may complicate things in the minds of the general public.

Yeah, the lottery commission probably doesn't expect California to go this long without a match 5+0 winner.