Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NY Lottery Take-5 - Guaranteed!

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 11 years ago by johnph77.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #19818
August 6, 2005
1 Posts
Posted: August 6, 2005, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

The NY Lottery Take-5 game is a daily drawing using 39 balls.  In order to win the first prize you have to have selected all 5 numbers that are drawn.  The odds of winning the first prize is 1 in 575,757.  The first prize, when hit usually ranges between $40 and $80 thousand dollars. 

My question is this...would anyone be interested in joining a subscription based website that would randomly dish out say 10 unique sets of numbers from all of the possible combinations to 57,575 people?  If we could get 57,575 members and ALL of the members played ALL of their sets of numbers at the SAME TIME, one of the 57,575 would be GUARANTEED to win the first prize every time!

I have a database with the numbers ready to go and am just wondering what people would pay (if anything) to join the site. 

Any comments or questions would be greatly appreciated.

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2005, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

The challenge would be finding 57,575 people willing to pay $10. And why Take Five? If I was picking a 5-number game for a Jackpot oriented pool, I would go with Jersey Cash 5. They have really nice jackpots that frequently get big. One note on that though, that's a 5/40. OH and PA would be good bets too, and those are 5/39's. Take Five is oriented more towards smaller prizes.

(insert signature here)

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
      Member #9517
      December 10, 2004
      1272 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2005, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

If you want over 57,000 subscribers, you need to advertise your site on Overture and Google.

You won't find them here. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19825 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2005, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

wintake5,

You might be better off to start out with a pick3 game. You would only be dealing with a thousand combinations and would only need 100 customers a day to have a guaranteed straight winner and up to six box winners every day. After you can find 100 paying customers then you could move up to a pick4 game and go for one thousand paying customers.

Ask yourself if you would pay for such a service and if the answer is yes, go for it.  I personally think your service is like paying someone to pick 10 QP's for you, but that's me.  Good luck to you.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

johnph77's avatar - avatar
          CA
          United States
          Member #2987
          December 10, 2003
          832 Posts
          Posted: August 6, 2005, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

Game payout percentages will beat you into the ground. No matter what or how you play, if you cover all the combinations in any game you won't get back your total investment. Lotteries are not in business to lose money.

If you play and win any jackpot game, though, you'll get your name in the newspaper and might even get a mention on TV.....

gl

j

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=