Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

'Blue Game' pitched to MUSL members

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 11 years ago by dvdiva.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: August 8, 2005, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

I e-mailed Chuck Strutt today, and he said MUSL is still in the process of asking the 29 members about the concept. I didn't ask what they would do if Connecticut dropped Powerball.

United States
    Member #16612
    June 2, 2005
    3493 Posts
    Posted: August 8, 2005, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

CASH Only, why did you decide to e-mail about MUSL about the concept of the "Blue Game"? I wished that CT doesn't drop PB because I want to see PB hit new records and eventually pass the North American jackpot history.

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: August 9, 2005, 9:39 am - IP Logged

just6:

I wanted to see if any progress was being made on bringing out the game. Of course right now I'm worried about CT leaving PB.

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
        Atlantic Mine, Michigan
        United States
        Member #416
        June 23, 2002
        1614 Posts
        Posted: August 9, 2005, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

What is the Blue Game?  Can anyone explain it?

Brad

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
          Member #2338
          September 17, 2003
          2063 Posts
          Posted: August 9, 2005, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

You could just search the jackpot forum for details but basically it's another jackpot style game similar to Powerball. Why MUSL states would agree to have two very similar games at the same time is beyond me. Since it is so unlikely to happen I don't see what the point of talking about it is. MUSL would be better off just fixing Powerball like dumping the jackpot limit rule and having a good middle odds game like Hot Lotto or a 6/49 or even a 6/53 game rather than another long odds game.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
            Yinzer Country, PA
            United States
            Member #4067
            March 18, 2004
            2741 Posts
            Posted: August 9, 2005, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

CO:

1.  I strongly doubt CT would rop Powerball.  I think that it would cost the governor re-election if she were to do so.

2.  If CT does drp Powerball, how far are you from PA?

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
              Member #16612
              June 2, 2005
              3493 Posts
              Posted: August 10, 2005, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

I hope that MUSL keeps PB at the jackpot limits. I also hope that CT doesn't drop PB. I rather see PB and HL have different systems, not the same bonus ball system. I also hope that MUSL makes HL goes to a 6/55 system instead of having a bonus ball.

United States
                Member #1826
                July 11, 2003
                2645 Posts
                Posted: August 10, 2005, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

I hope that MUSL keeps PB at the jackpot limits. I also hope that CT doesn't drop PB. I rather see PB and HL have different systems, not the same bonus ball system. I also hope that MUSL makes HL goes to a 6/55 system instead of having a bonus ball.

6/55? That's almost triple the odds of the current matrix. A 6/47 would make more sense.

(insert signature here)

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                  Mcminnville, Oregon
                  United States
                  Member #3013
                  December 13, 2003
                  3046 Posts
                  Posted: August 10, 2005, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

It will be interesting to put this new game up against mega millions with the tuesday, friday draws and see if it does anything.

United States
                    Member #379
                    June 5, 2002
                    11296 Posts
                    Posted: August 10, 2005, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

ew:

Jodi Rell has high ratings. She would survive CT leaving Powerball.

I live much too far to make twice-weekly trips to PA. I would go only when the Match 5 bonus is in effect. I'm thinking MAYBE making a trip to New Hampshire for PB and Hot Lotto.

United States
                      Member #16612
                      June 2, 2005
                      3493 Posts
                      Posted: August 10, 2005, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

It will be interesting to put this new game up against mega millions with the tuesday, friday draws and see if it does anything.

I agree what you said weshar75. I think the "Blue Game" and Mega Millions will have good competition on Tuesdays and Fridays along with competiting with Powerball for the North American jackpot records. I hope CT doesn't leave PB.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                        Member #2338
                        September 17, 2003
                        2063 Posts
                        Posted: August 10, 2005, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

I don't understand why anyone would want jackpot limits unless they clearly have no understanding of marketing and economics. Not that powerball has to worry about any such limits since they have yet to hit the highs they were at in 2002. To me it just shows that the people at MUSL are just looking for a future in something other than lotteries and don't take their current job very seriously. I also don't understand the interest in the blue game since there is more of a chance that everyone on this board is going to hit a jackpot in the next two years than the MUSL states going for the blue game.