Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Out of tickets?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 11 years ago by PS Master.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
North Dakota
United States
Member #13397
April 5, 2005
1623 Posts
Posted: August 10, 2005, 7:22 pm - IP Logged
Ok I went to buy some Jumbo Bucks today at a drive thru retailer. (Gotta love those you don't even have to get out of the car for).  They were sold out of scratch offs.  I've never seen this before.  I noticed last Saturday that they were running low because there were lots of empty space on the dispensers.  I ask the clerk where all the scratch offs were and she said the order hasn't came in yet.  She said they've been out since Monday and they ordered them a week ago.   Has this happened to anyone else before? 

How are you going to win if you don't play?

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: August 11, 2005, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

unless they are just sloppy and didn't reorder more when they ran low OR they could have some and be too lazy to get up and get them it has happened...

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8360 Posts
      Posted: August 11, 2005, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

Sure has happens all the time see there are some things that might be going on here. One thing is the place where you went to get the tickets has a contract with the lottery they have to pay for the books they bought and they have to pay in advance for the books they get. If the owners had to pay a big bill to somebody else then they might not have had the cash to buy more tickets. Rest assured if they want to continue selling tickets they will come up with the cash to get a new order.

Two they might have some kind of discrepancy with the lottery where buy they are on some kind of probationary period. They might have bad record keeping etc. It only takes a phone call and someone from the lottery. They will call the people that deliver the tickets. If everything is in order with the establishment it shouldn't take anymore than a 24 to 48 hrs to re up their lottery ticket bank.

I've seem a couple places that had to clear out all their scratch ticket inventory before they could get more tickets due to some kind of infraction similar to the ones i mentioned.

North Dakota
        United States
        Member #13397
        April 5, 2005
        1623 Posts
        Posted: August 12, 2005, 3:40 am - IP Logged

I went back there today and yet again no tickets.  She said she doesn't know if the owner is going to get anymore in or not.  Strange..  They sell online tickets fine.  Scratch offs are played well there too.  I can't imagine why they wouldn't restock if it were left up to them.  Or it could be they are in trouble but you would think they wouldn't allow online tickets to be sold if they couldn't sell scratch tickets.  lol It almost feels like I live in ND when I go by there now.

Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: August 13, 2005, 1:45 am - IP Logged

the thing i hate is when you get out of memphis and into the small towns surrounding it they only carry like 5 or 6 different kinds of scratch offs and never have a good selection on hand.....

North Dakota
            United States
            Member #13397
            April 5, 2005
            1623 Posts
            Posted: August 13, 2005, 1:56 am - IP Logged

Well it's funny.  Today their terminal wasn't working.  Oh well.  I guess I'm going to start getting out of the car rather than drive thru. 

Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: August 13, 2005, 2:07 am - IP Logged

i buy cash 3 and cash 4 tickets and have had them lie and say the machine was down.go get a coke and chips come back and some guy is paying for a powerball quick pick.i had two slips filled out with ten selections.i guess they didn't feel like running it through....

North Dakota
                United States
                Member #13397
                April 5, 2005
                1623 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2005, 11:58 am - IP Logged

I would contact the lottery.  Did you confront the store clerk?  Man that would really upset me.  Cussing Face

FL
                  United States
                  Member #11275
                  February 9, 2005
                  15 Posts
                  Posted: August 29, 2005, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

Well it's funny.  Today their terminal wasn't working.  Oh well.  I guess I'm going to start getting out of the car rather than drive thru. 

Sounds like somebody didn't pay their bill this month... the Lotteries are known for not sending stock to stores if they do not pay their bills, including turning off their terminals.  They would sell the Lottery tickets since it doesn't cost them, while the scratch-offs are paid for up front.