Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hypnagogic State

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Ottawa
Canada
Member #6169
August 10, 2004
20 Posts
Posted: August 11, 2005, 12:02 am - IP Logged
Was wondering if anyone has experimented with the hypnagogic or hypnopompic states of consciousness.
    LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: August 11, 2005, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

no but if you explain what that means it will give me a better idea of what it is your talking about......does it have something to do with being hynotized?

Ottawa
      Canada
      Member #6169
      August 10, 2004
      20 Posts
      Posted: August 12, 2005, 9:42 pm - IP Logged
      Don't have time to delve into a fuller explanation, so I'll keep it brief for now. It's basically a state of mind just before you fall asleep (hypnagogic) or just after you wake up (hypnopompic) where you see dream like images or hear dream like voices while still awake but almost asleep. If this interests you, then there's alot of info on the web. Just type in the magic words.

Ottawa
        Canada
        Member #6169
        August 10, 2004
        20 Posts
        Posted: August 12, 2005, 9:44 pm - IP Logged
        Why do my posts always shift down? I start typing in the top left margin. Am I doing something wrong?
          Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: August 12, 2005, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

thanks i'll do that.....

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: August 13, 2005, 2:54 am - IP Logged
            Don't have time to delve into a fuller explanation, so I'll keep it brief for now. It's basically a state of mind just before you fall asleep (hypnagogic) or just after you wake up (hypnopompic) where you see dream like images or hear dream like voices while still awake but almost asleep. If this interests you, then there's alot of info on the web. Just type in the magic words.

You don't have the time??????    You had the time to start this thread, but you don't have time to follow through?

What happened? Did the door bell just ring? Did you realize something was burning in the oven? What? What?

Just joking .....I've had those states for a very long time now. They are called lucid dreaming, where the fine line between being awake and falling to sleep, can be contolled in the right moment where your eyes seemingly open up within the dream itself. It really does feel that way physically.Not only that but now you have the ultimate power to do most everything under the sun, with just the thought of it. Personally, if I could do this without the fear factor to which I still haven't overcome, I would never want to return. It's like having your own hollo-deck on star trek, but with a thousand times more intensity, in an ever flowing change of places and beings and flying about with ease.

Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: August 13, 2005, 3:16 am - IP Logged

very very interesting pacattack........

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2005, 3:43 am - IP Logged

Hey Lottomike, You want interesting??????   Search Robert A. Monroe, and be ready to take a ride to the next step after Lucid Dreaming.....

O.B.Es, That's what they're called. Out Of Body Experiences. But that's another day...... a long long day. I can write a book on just a slice of my experiences.

The last thing that I want to interject in all of this, is the fact that my already instilled gifts as a youngster, were only further , greatly, enhanced and honed with the help of lucid dreaming. In other words, my intuition factor rose by seven fold.

The only and only way for me to enter that state is by staying up until about 3 or 4 in the morning, and then guzzling only one beer and then trying to sleep.

My physical body is just yearning to go to "deep sleep" or "REM", yet my inquisitive side makes a concerted effort in reminding me to wake up in the dream.

A good exercise in developing the technique for people who are allergic to beer, take a black Magic Marker and write the word awake on either hand, so after seeing the word "Awake" on the back of your hand, for so many times throughout the day and weeks, you'll see them in your dream-state, signaling you to wake up in the dream-state itself.

And the All-knowing One said: There are many levels in my mansion......

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #14
                  November 9, 2001
                  31364 Posts
                  Posted: August 14, 2005, 1:57 am - IP Logged

www.monroeinstitute.org

love to nibble those micey feet.

Ottawa
                    Canada
                    Member #6169
                    August 10, 2004
                    20 Posts
                    Posted: August 14, 2005, 4:08 am - IP Logged

Pacattack, that sounds interesting here too. I believe with enough persistence and effort, you could receive lottery numbers while in the hypnagogic state. Personally, I think that state is the same state remote viewers have to be in to see images. For anyone interested, make sure you’re tired before trying it. What I do is I think of a question to ask, try to visualize the question and then clear my mind. Let the answer come to you. If it comes, the best word to describe it is the word ‘vision’ because you really are in an altered\visionary state when doing this sort of stuff. I believe that’s remoter viewing in a nutshell. If you’re lying down, it can be a little tricky because the tendency is to fall asleep, especially if you practice during your nocturnal\sleeping hours. But if you can hold your concentration while drowsy, watch out! You might be amazed. That’s an important step. Being awake and in focus while feeling sleepy. Another and probably more reliable way is to practice this while sitting up and quite relaxed.

I also believe that you should focus on dreamwork if you’re really interested in winning the lottery through mystical methods.

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: August 14, 2005, 4:58 am - IP Logged

Pacattack, that sounds interesting here too. I believe with enough persistence and effort, you could receive lottery numbers while in the hypnagogic state. Personally, I think that state is the same state remote viewers have to be in to see images. For anyone interested, make sure you’re tired before trying it. What I do is I think of a question to ask, try to visualize the question and then clear my mind. Let the answer come to you. If it comes, the best word to describe it is the word ‘vision’ because you really are in an altered\visionary state when doing this sort of stuff. I believe that’s remoter viewing in a nutshell. If you’re lying down, it can be a little tricky because the tendency is to fall asleep, especially if you practice during your nocturnal\sleeping hours. But if you can hold your concentration while drowsy, watch out! You might be amazed. That’s an important step. Being awake and in focus while feeling sleepy. Another and probably more reliable way is to practice this while sitting up and quite relaxed.

I also believe that you should focus on dreamwork if you’re really interested in winning the lottery through mystical methods.

You took the words right out of my mouth....That is the next step of course....Receiving info on numbers, to me is still a little ways, but with practice, one can achieve Remote Viewing.

Remote Viewing of numbers. That's the goal.

I like you giving me advice...but The way I Induce it works. The advice is good for people who haven't  had such experiences and need some help along the way.

I can hardly contain myself with the current status, of the realism, that's evident...by that I mean, I'm being sarcastic...thats all.....The real surroundings are becoming very real.....

Past Present and Future are one.....Meditation of thoughts......temporary conclusions....

Where are we going with this conversation?...and so on.......Hard Drives.....Self Awareness......those are the answers to the problems.....

Quote of the day.......Human Beings, is the universe looking back on itself......

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #12305
                        March 10, 2005
                        2984 Posts
                        Posted: August 16, 2005, 11:26 pm - IP Logged
                        Was wondering if anyone has experimented with the hypnagogic or hypnopompic states of consciousness.

Nice thread Sambo.  Glad you're posting.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser