Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

All multi-state lotto games

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Which jackpot will hit 363+ million first?

Blue Game [ 3 ]  [15.79%]
Powerball [ 2 ]  [10.53%]
Mega Millions [ 14 ]  [73.68%]
Total Valid Votes [ 19 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  

United States
Member #16612
June 2, 2005
3493 Posts
Posted: August 12, 2005, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

Sales are starting to decline in most lotto games and may possibly not hit any new records. If the Blue Game is launched, I think they might hit the record first because it's a new game from MUSL. Which multi-state lotto game will see the jackpot surpass the North American jackpot record of 363 million?

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: August 12, 2005, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

i think mega millions will break the record first.powerball keeps getting hit way too often in my opinion.

United States
      Member #1826
      July 11, 2003
      2645 Posts
      Posted: August 12, 2005, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Some people say, "Stop The Talking". Others say, "Stop The Killing". With Powerball, I say "Stop The Winning". As I always say, if I (or another Lottery Post member) can't win, no one else should.

(insert signature here)

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
        Member #2338
        September 17, 2003
        2063 Posts
        Posted: August 13, 2005, 1:18 am - IP Logged

I don't see how anyone could vote for either MUSL game although the blue game will never happen. Since Powerball is keeping the idiotic cap rule of 25 million over the record and the current highest Powerball jackpot was 314.9 that leaves the next highest jackpot Powerball can hit at 339.9 million. Rather unlikely judging from recent Powerball runs.

Since the same clowns that came up with that rule would be running the blue game one could look forward to other jackpot limiting rules. That leaves only one game to break any records. Mega's problem is if it's new matrix could hold under a 300 million prize and not get hit. Only if the jackpot breaks 300 or is very close to it and does not get hit could a new record happen. If California were forced out from a lawsuit I could easily see it happening otherwise the shear number of players may hit any jackpot before a record could happen.

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: August 13, 2005, 9:46 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

Some people say, "Stop The Talking". Others say, "Stop The Killing". With Powerball, I say "Stop The Winning". As I always say, if I (or another Lottery Post member) can't win, no one else should.

I can't make a lot of sense of your post, but one thing seems clear with PB.  "Stop the playing" might be the best approach.  After seeing the figures on what the winners of the '$93 million dollar jackpot' will end up with it appears a person who won an advertised $10 million one might actually see $3 million, or less.

$3 million is certainly nothing to scoff at, but it's also obvious why they want to try to pass off the illusion that the jackpots are a lot higher than they actually are.  Players are probably a lot better off just sticking with State lotteries and scratchers until the Multi-state games roll 20 or so times so's to allow the jackpots can get to the point of making someone besides State revenues and lottery officials significantly wealthy.

Someone told me yesterday that the PR man for NM Lottery Authority, maybe the guy who posted on here recently, makes $150K per year.  He's not the big kahuna over there.  Just one of the troops.  Taking home half again as much every year as if he'd picked five white balls.  No telling what it costs to keep that bunch in booze, fancy homes, big cars.

It's easy to see why the winners aren't seeing the money they were led to believe they'd see.  They have to carry the weight of all manner of hangers on and administrators who have to be maintained in a style they're accustomed to, whereas most winners aren't accustomed to it.  Never will be.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

United States
            Member #16612
            June 2, 2005
            3493 Posts
            Posted: August 13, 2005, 11:49 am - IP Logged

I agree with what you said Rip Snorter. I think there are lots of PB and MM players and fewer CA SLP Players. I think most people in PB should stop playing PB when a jackpot should hit. The smaller the jackpot and the more winners PB creates, the less people play PB which generate fewer sales. I would suggest to PB is to increase the red balls to compete with MM. If the blue game does come with lots of bonus balls, I think they'll compete with MM and PB has no chance to get that 363+ million.

Morrison, IL
              United States
              Member #4657
              May 13, 2004
              1884 Posts
              Posted: August 13, 2005, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

If nobody played Powerball after a jackpot hit, they'd be out of business.

New Mexico
                United States
                Member #12305
                March 10, 2005
                2984 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2005, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

If nobody played Powerball after a jackpot hit, they'd be out of business.

Yup.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                  Yinzer Country, PA
                  United States
                  Member #4067
                  March 18, 2004
                  2741 Posts
                  Posted: August 13, 2005, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

I think it will be Powerball.  With the changes and enhancements that they are making, I could easily see a really huge jackpot.  That's what happened a couple months after their last matrix change.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Morrison, IL
                    United States
                    Member #4657
                    May 13, 2004
                    1884 Posts
                    Posted: August 14, 2005, 12:56 am - IP Logged

Yeah, I suppose if Powerball can have a lucky string of winners like they did the first three months of 2005, they could be the first to have a new record jackpot.

However, I think it's more likely Mega Millions will see it first, since they don't put the brakes on rampant jackpot runs.

Northern California
                      United States
                      Member #19948
                      August 9, 2005
                      151 Posts
                      Posted: August 14, 2005, 1:04 am - IP Logged

It's highly unlikely Powerball could do it, based on the stupid $25 M jackpot growth rule noted earlier.

The MUSL staff are largely cronies of "Dr." Stanek (of Iowa - the smartest man in the world - just ask him and he'll tell you).  How much money did lotteries lose on their most recent consortia-wide brainchild Daily Millions ("where millions play and lose daily")?  They would not know a real idea if it fell out of their BS security standards manual.

All of the big games are getting hit too often because draw sales are lower than they need to be for ther games to be healthy.  You can only go so many draws and the4 chance sof having a roll get too small - even at the astronomical odds PBALL and MM have gotten to.

CA syphons off WAY too much $$$ from SLP for it to ever be healthy again - espacially with MM in the mix now.

United States
                        Member #16612
                        June 2, 2005
                        3493 Posts
                        Posted: August 20, 2005, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

It's highly unlikely Powerball could do it, based on the stupid $25 M jackpot growth rule noted earlier.

The MUSL staff are largely cronies of "Dr." Stanek (of Iowa - the smartest man in the world - just ask him and he'll tell you).  How much money did lotteries lose on their most recent consortia-wide brainchild Daily Millions ("where millions play and lose daily")?  They would not know a real idea if it fell out of their BS security standards manual.

All of the big games are getting hit too often because draw sales are lower than they need to be for ther games to be healthy.  You can only go so many draws and the4 chance sof having a roll get too small - even at the astronomical odds PBALL and MM have gotten to.

CA syphons off WAY too much $$$ from SLP for it to ever be healthy again - espacially with MM in the mix now.

In fact, CA SLP had 13 rollovers [7 weeks] to get only to $55 million in CA SLP Jackpot Analysis when a jackpot was hit. If the "Blue Game" does launch with lots of WB and Bonus Balls, there's a great chance they'll hit 363 million. If the "Blue Game" doesn't launch, I say MM.