Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto Genie?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 11 years ago by BobP.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
London
United Kingdom
Member #18841
July 21, 2005
8 Posts
Posted: August 16, 2005, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

Hi all, does anyone use Lotto Genie http://www.lottogenie.com/index.html and if so what do they think of it for creating abbreviated wheels? I like the simple visual format, but I'd like some feedback on the actual wheels produced (how good are they). You need to pay a subscription to get full use of the software and I don't want to sign up without having some feedback of its efficacy or not. Thanks.

Poway CA (San Diego County)
    United States
    Member #3489
    January 25, 2004
    14120 Posts
    Posted: August 16, 2005, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

Hi all, does anyone use Lotto Genie http://www.lottogenie.com/index.html and if so what do they think of it for creating abbreviated wheels? I like the simple visual format, but I'd like some feedback on the actual wheels produced (how good are they). You need to pay a subscription to get full use of the software and I don't want to sign up without having some feedback of its efficacy or not. Thanks.

I don't have the answer to your specific question, but I will tell you that I have two software programs and belong to another site that has wheels.  I can tell you that the wheels that are on Lottery Post are the best. 

London
      United Kingdom
      Member #18841
      July 21, 2005
      8 Posts
      Posted: August 16, 2005, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

Hi, yes but I'm looking for software that produces pick 7 wheels and Lottery Post doesn't seem to offer this as far as I can tell (or am I looking in the wrong place)???

Poway CA (San Diego County)
        United States
        Member #3489
        January 25, 2004
        14120 Posts
        Posted: August 16, 2005, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

Hi, yes but I'm looking for software that produces pick 7 wheels and Lottery Post doesn't seem to offer this as far as I can tell (or am I looking in the wrong place)???

No, LP does not have pick 7 wheels.  Sorry, you didn't say what kind of wheels you were looking for in your first post.

I think there is another thread asking about pick 7 wheels.  You might look there.

United States
          Member #5565
          July 11, 2004
          260 Posts
          Posted: August 16, 2005, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

That site's information for the Virginia games is out of date.  The number of balls is incorrect, and they refer to Lotto South under its old name The Big Game.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23258 Posts
            Posted: August 16, 2005, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

If you're looking to do a Pick 7 Key Wheel, just use a Pick 6 Abbreviated wheel, and add your key number to every line.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3102 Posts
              Posted: August 16, 2005, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Try http://www.lottogenius.com/ The wheels are pretty good for built on the fly online, as are the template wheels, but wheels need to be optimized for hours to be at their tightest and the site doesn't do that.  The real trick with wheel building is to stop in the 90% range as even a sloppy build is still close to a quality build up to about 90%, closing the wheel to 100% can take as many additional lines as the first 90%.

infinitysymbol, go here http://www.ldir.com and download the free demo copy of Lottery Director, it comes with hundreds of wheels including those for Pick-7 games. You can use the software free forever the only thing you can't do is save hand updated draw history with the demo, but the wheeling and filtering always works.  The wheels are on a par with Lottogenie.  If you filter apply a light touch as removing even one line trashes the guarantee, this is why wheels having some slack are better for filtering.

You can also go to http://www.lotto-logix.com/wheellinks.html and download a copy of CoverMaster v54 (not v55.2 unless you apply for the password) CoverMaster does do Pick-7 wheels though there is a bug that makes them test about 2% below, not a problem if you want a build below 100% anyway.  Wheels are on a par with the above.  The cool thing about CoverMaster is you can build a small tight wheel and lock it in and build a larger loose wheel around it for insurance. Put your better numbers up front in the strong wheel and your questionable numbers further back.  Good luck. BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19813 Posts
                Posted: August 16, 2005, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Are there any seven numbers games in the U.S.?  OhioSuperLottoPlus draw seven numbers, but the players can only play 6 numbers, the seventh one is a bonus number to be used by winners of the lower tiers prizes.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                  Dump Water Florida
                  United States
                  Member #380
                  June 5, 2002
                  3102 Posts
                  Posted: August 19, 2005, 2:21 am - IP Logged

Are there any seven numbers games in the U.S.?  OhioSuperLottoPlus draw seven numbers, but the players can only play 6 numbers, the seventh one is a bonus number to be used by winners of the lower tiers prizes.

Across Canada there is a Super 7/47 +B game that draws Fridays.  Also the huge portal iwon.com offers a free 7/50 game.  BobP