Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Checking tickets against previous draws

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 11 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Austria
Member #14295
April 23, 2005
2 Posts
Posted: August 21, 2005, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

Hi everybody,

Does anybody know about a freeware (or Excel sheet) that allows checking of a series of tickets (loaded if possible from a tab separated or text file) against the previous draws in a lottery? I think I read a while ago a posting about some lexicographic id generator that did also some kind of function like above but not sure 100%. I have a set of tickets that I would like to check against the previous draws to eliminate the ones that have previously generated 3, 4 or 5 winners.  Many lottery software are full of features of generating predictions but I found often that some of the tickets are triplets or 4-plets from the last 5 or 10 draws (and repeating chances are always poor acording to all lotto rules).

Thanks

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: August 21, 2005, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

It's not freeware, but Lottery Post's results search engine, available with Platinum memberships, is perhaps the best results search engine available, and it works for almost every game in the USA, Canada, and UK.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Austria
      Member #14295
      April 23, 2005
      2 Posts
      Posted: August 22, 2005, 3:55 am - IP Logged

Sorry, my mistake, it's not tickets I was refering to (that actually someboby has already bought) but prediction sets (that are obtained by running most of the softwares).

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19816 Posts
        Posted: August 22, 2005, 9:56 am - IP Logged

Almost any lottery software that will allow you to load a text file will probably do that, the problem is if someone took the time to code it, it probably not free.  Most lottery website have that feature, but the numbers have to be checked one set at a time. 

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking