Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Influencing the Past

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Georgia
United States
Member #4102
March 22, 2004
8 Posts
Posted: August 27, 2005, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

What do you think of the our ability to influence the past by sending present information to our "past self"?  I know sometime ago there was a post on the subject, mainly about sending winning lottery numbers to your past self.

Other than lottery numbers, what information would you send to your past self in an effort to capitalize on the information, whether it be for personal gain (money) or to make better decisions?  And how do you think you would receive this information (dream, vision, gut feeling, etc.)?

Just thought it was an interesting subject....

Janice

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: August 27, 2005, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

Richard Bach devotes some thought to the issue in several of his books.  He decides to try to teach his former self to love at an earlier place in life.

I think if I could have a few talks with myself as a kid, a young adult, a young man, and a middle aged man, I'd try to help him discover affirmations at an earlier age, particularly the gratitude ones, but also forgiveness affirmations.

That young man needed to learn a lot about anger management, forgiveness, and gratitude.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
      Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: August 27, 2005, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

I would perhaps only do it from the very far future once I had absolute or almost absolute knowledge, because of the possible consequences to God and other souls, unless I somehow first go kind of insane then I might not care too much, I might not have neither the patience nor the desire to wait.

To me is not a question of it being possible or not, but of how much power and or knowledge is needed for it to be possible and of how to obtain it.

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #12305
        March 10, 2005
        2984 Posts
        Posted: August 28, 2005, 1:07 am - IP Logged

It's a tough call, Lantern.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser