Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 3:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

E-mail lotteries?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
newparis
United States
Member #19633
August 3, 2005
18 Posts
Posted: August 28, 2005, 1:00 am - IP Logged

are there any legitamate e-mail, free lotteries? Or they all scams?

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8395 Posts
    Posted: August 28, 2005, 1:16 am - IP Logged

Free lotto and iwon.com are legit buy signing onto them will cause your email box to be flooded with many emails for goods and services it is part of their way to fund these games by promoting advertisements. So be for warned if you join be prepaired to deal with that part of the process.

However if you receive an email that says you won a lottery and you didn't play the game then it's a scam.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19901 Posts
      Posted: August 28, 2005, 1:31 am - IP Logged

Every legitimate lottery is a scheme to make money for somebody and that's not you.  There are some free e-mail lotteries that seem to be legitimate, but they want your e-mail address and other personal information to sell to advertisers and chances are you're not going to win anything either.  Bottom line, if you don't buy a lottery ticket chances are you're not in a lottery.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Sparta, NJ
        United States
        Member #18331
        July 9, 2005
        1977 Posts
        Posted: August 28, 2005, 8:42 am - IP Logged

If you're not betting at the local lottery store, your only option is the oen's that Todd recommends.  Count up the number if winners in a lottery, and you'll see your not going to win any big money in the long run. Do it for the challange, with a remote hope of hitting, or take up NASCAR.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

newparis
          United States
          Member #19633
          August 3, 2005
          18 Posts
          Posted: August 28, 2005, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

I bet powerball about twice a week and megabucks twice a week. It is a challange to see where the number are going to land or how close I can get.  Just by tracking numbers. I was curious about the free lotteries thing because i recently came across a website that uses the state lottery numbers that are drawn of Wendesday and Satuarday nights.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19901 Posts
            Posted: August 28, 2005, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

kariann,

You should check the PB challenge in the jackpot section, players try to predict the winning numbers within a group of 10 numbers.  I seldom play PB because MM is played in Ohio, but I matched 3 in last night challenge.

RJ of Oh

Evil Looking       

newparis
              United States
              Member #19633
              August 3, 2005
              18 Posts
              Posted: August 28, 2005, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

Rjoh,

Thanks I'll do that.

Tip check the history of the powerball draw against the history of the megamillions draw, for the last year, it might give you an idea of what's coming up on the mm.

newparis
                United States
                Member #19633
                August 3, 2005
                18 Posts
                Posted: August 28, 2005, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

Rjoh,

I know this sound wierd, but just check it out. In playing the lottery for the last 8months or so. I've come really close generally one number off or I've been able to predict 3 out of six and even 4 out of six. But I do this by running an excell spread sheet, and looking at lotteries that are similiar. Being close doesn't pay as much as being right on the money.

I don't share my predictions because someday I'm going to be right. and call me selfish I want it all for myself.

Take a look at september, find the most probable numbers that are going to hit for that month. Generally skip the year before. Then find the oldest combination and change every other number. It might sound funny but some numbers like a particular month more so than other months.

As I said before numbers are random and not random. Trying to find the balance between the the two is the hard part. 

I started playing the lottery because I think numbers are cool. Sounds like a geeky thing to say. But they are. another suggestion is try taking the first number of the last draw times or divided by pi.  In the powerball  it has shown me quite a few times what the lead number is going to be for the next draw.

Right now I'm focusing only on one lottery. That's the megabucks. Once I win that its on to the next challange, the powerball and mega millions. Yeah I said when I win. Not if I win.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23349 Posts
                  Posted: August 28, 2005, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

kariann,

One of the changes I'll be making to the predictions board (for lotto games only) is the ability to hide the numbers you're predicting until after the results are posted.  That will allow you to show proof of your progress, while protecting your numbers to be sure you don't end up splitting a jackpot because someone else played your predictions.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
                    Member #12618
                    March 18, 2005
                    2060 Posts
                    Posted: August 28, 2005, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

That sounds like a good idea Todd!

Dance like no one is watching.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19901 Posts
                      Posted: August 28, 2005, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

Players who post numbers that can't been seen until after the drawings will not be predicting but can verify their systems capabilities.  Members who want to share their ideas about lotto games but not the jackpot if they get lucky should like that feature.  It will be interesting to see if those who claim to have a system that winning will use the feature to verify or test their claims.

Evil Looking       

newparis
                        United States
                        Member #19633
                        August 3, 2005
                        18 Posts
                        Posted: August 28, 2005, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

Rjoh,

Your very correct. On that.. I expect in another week or so I'll start back in on my powerball matrix, but I'm working on another project right now. Once a start working on it again I will start posting my predictions. But anything I post do a plus or minus 1.

Maybe I'll create a great lottery busting system that I can charge $20.00 for. Or not. This is what I think of lottery systems they can point you in the direction you want to go. But why would they have to charge people if they had a full proof system don't they already have enough?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19901 Posts
                          Posted: August 28, 2005, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

Most people who take the time to write any program that looks and acts decent want to be compensated for their effort by those who want to use it.  Besides, compensations is the most common way for people to show their appreciation and who would want to spend time working for anyone who doesn't appreciate it?

Evil Looking       

newparis
                            United States
                            Member #19633
                            August 3, 2005
                            18 Posts
                            Posted: August 28, 2005, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

I was kidding.. I'd be rewarded by a smile..

I'm getting ready to log off so I can watch live on T.V an native american warning come true on the weather channel. First the white buffalo came and now the hurricane. Intresting how some predictions really do come true.

Karoline

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                              Dump Water Florida
                              United States
                              Member #380
                              June 5, 2002
                              3114 Posts
                              Posted: August 29, 2005, 12:49 am - IP Logged

Somewhere  between all and nothing lies most lottery systems and software.  There are crooks and people really trying to help.  There are free lottery games see http://www.lotto-logix.com/games.html and read the article on playing the free lotto games.  It's a hard choice to pick those safe to play that will pay if you win, but if you can't spend the dollars you can spend the time instead to play lotto for less. BobP