Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

farewell old PB matrix...

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 11 years ago by weshar75.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #1340
April 6, 2003
2450 Posts
Posted: August 28, 2005, 11:18 am - IP Logged

the end of 5/53+1/42

the beginning of 5/55+1/42

goodbye 120+ million to one odds

hello 140+ million to one odds

old starting jp = 10 million

new starting jp = 15 million

old 5+0 prize = 100,000

new 5+0 prize = 200,000

at least the ticket price is the same...

and with that I'm done... it's been fun, not in a profitable way, but at least I can say I tried. no more updated spreadsheets, no more fumbling with VB to try and catch a winner, no more frequency analysis. I am hereby officially adopting the VisionDude method... ONE and only ONE QP per draw... that's it.

I have been gearing up for the "end" and have not really been developing new approaches... now I won't be maintaining the old ones. I don't have to fill out play slips no more... woohoo! I was always skeptical of whether it could be done, but had to try for myself before discounting the idea... I tried and failed... if anyone hasn't failed, then they are being very quiet about it.

good luck all.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

United States
    Member #16612
    June 2, 2005
    3493 Posts
    Posted: August 28, 2005, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

Farewell to the old matrix of 5/53+1/42, the 100000 5+0 prize, and the 120.6 million to 1 odds of PB. Hello to the new matrix of 5/55+1/42, the 200000 5+0 prize, and 146.2 million to 1 odds of PB. As I said, I have all the statistics of PB hypersoniq, but I agree with your recommendations. If I was living in a PB state away from family, I choose QPs.

Morrison, IL
      United States
      Member #4657
      May 13, 2004
      1884 Posts
      Posted: August 28, 2005, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

I think I'm going to stop playing Mega Millions (unless its jackpot is at least $250 million) and go back to just Powerball.  I was getting tired of going across the river all the time (and "donating" money to Illinois) to play.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
        Member #12618
        March 18, 2005
        2060 Posts
        Posted: August 28, 2005, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

I usually end up buying one quick pick here or there for powerball anyways. I'll probably continue that way.

Dance like no one is watching.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19831 Posts
          Posted: August 28, 2005, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

I think I'm going to stop playing Mega Millions (unless its jackpot is at least $250 million) and go back to just Powerball.  I was getting tired of going across the river all the time (and "donating" money to Illinois) to play.

Now that the matrix has changed and gas prices are up, I feel the same way about Powerball.  My old PB cards won't work and the drive to Indiana is too expensive, so I'll just stay home and play MegaMillions.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #8747
            November 16, 2004
            213 Posts
            Posted: August 28, 2005, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Farewell old PB matrix.

It has seemed very predictable but the surprises has always been bigger than the predictions.

It has been a little over a year since I have been playing when TN joined.

I have won $7 or less now and then but has lost hundreds so far.

I made the tipical mistake of going strong in the beginning and losing a lot of money in the process.

During this time also I had an opportunity to winI can up with 5+1 combination I didn't play that was drawn a month later.

I have searched many combinations of 5 numbers this last year but have never matched 5 out of 5 (even by accident) with any previous numbers drawn.

I had lots of fun half the time and shocked and disaapointed the other half.

I hope to play the new matrix more confidently and with increased randomness.

Yes, I will continue to pick my own numbers and will also have one set which I will play till I die.

I come to the conclusion that every number has a history (whatever that might mean).

I hope to play(pay) a lot less now the odds are more against me and try to have 90 percent fun.

Good luck to all the LP PowerBall Players.

Morrison, IL
              United States
              Member #4657
              May 13, 2004
              1884 Posts
              Posted: August 28, 2005, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

Now that the matrix has changed and gas prices are up, I feel the same way about Powerball.  My old PB cards won't work and the drive to Indiana is too expensive, so I'll just stay home and play MegaMillions.

Yep, if I lived in Illinois instead of Iowa, I'd stop playing Powerball unless THAT jackpot was at least $250 million.

Greenwich, CT
                United States
                Member #4793
                May 24, 2004
                1822 Posts
                Posted: August 29, 2005, 10:47 am - IP Logged

hypersoniq,

I'd like to say thanks for all of your input when I was just starting out a year and a half ago.  I learned from you to track deltas by position from draw to draw...one of the most accurate predictors if used correctly. 

Thanks again and best of luck in the future.

JAG

United States
                  Member #16612
                  June 2, 2005
                  3493 Posts
                  Posted: August 29, 2005, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

Farewell to the old matrix of 5/53+1/42, the 100000 5+0 prize, and the 120.6 million to 1 odds of PB. Hello to the new matrix of 5/55+1/42, the 200000 5+0 prize, and 146.2 million to 1 odds of PB. As I said, I have all the statistics of PB hypersoniq, but I agree with your recommendations. If I was living in a PB state away from family, I choose QPs.

With the PP option version 3, the multiplier of 2 to 5 will have a 1 in 4 shot [same percentage] shot of winning. I like the 2nd version of PP when they took out the PP 1 situation. If you play PB RJOh, I recommend PA because it is shorter than IN's drive, but I like the way you decide to stay home in OH to play MM.

Amarillo/Austin
                    United States
                    Member #1424
                    April 25, 2003
                    696 Posts
                    Posted: August 29, 2005, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

Buying one quick pick for Powerball or MegaMillions is the only sane way to play.  If God means for you to win, he will give it to you.  No use in making those vultures richer than they already are!

Orangeman                                    Bang Head

United States
                      Member #379
                      June 5, 2002
                      11296 Posts
                      Posted: August 29, 2005, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

rj:

If you ever play PB again, I still recommend going to West Virginia and giving Hot Lotto a try. At least for me Connecticut will still play PB.

Morrison, IL
                        United States
                        Member #4657
                        May 13, 2004
                        1884 Posts
                        Posted: August 29, 2005, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

Buying one quick pick for Powerball or MegaMillions is the only sane way to play.  If God means for you to win, he will give it to you.  No use in making those vultures richer than they already are!

Orangeman                                    Bang Head

I agree. 

However, I still buy two when the jackpot is at least $100 million (although if that happens too many times like it has with Mega Millions, I might have to increase that threshold), and three when it's at least $250 million.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                          Member #2338
                          September 17, 2003
                          2063 Posts
                          Posted: August 29, 2005, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Since I don't play MM or PB unless it breaks 300 million I don't have to drive anywhere.

Morrison, IL
                            United States
                            Member #4657
                            May 13, 2004
                            1884 Posts
                            Posted: August 30, 2005, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

Players like you would only play once in a blue moon then.  There hasn't been a $300+ million jackpot since Christmas Day 2002.

United States
                              Member #119
                              February 19, 2002
                              527 Posts
                              Posted: August 30, 2005, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

I have said before that no serious study of the PB or MM can be done because the number fields are much too large.

I focus on smaller number field games.  Sure, it would be nice to win ZILLIONS and maybe once a month, I try.  But most of my strategies and skill goes into the smaller number field games.

Pursuing greed (not that everybody does that here mind you!) only distracts from keen and incisive number analysis.  Life is short, play the smaller number fields!