Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Dang NC - Finally

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 11 years ago by dphillips.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Charlotte
United States
Member #3733
February 16, 2004
153 Posts
Posted: August 31, 2005, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

I thought we would never get the lottery.  Now I don't have to drive way to SC to buy a ticket.  It's about time North Carolina.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
    ORLANDO, FLORIDA
    United States
    Member #4924
    June 3, 2004
    5896 Posts
    Posted: August 31, 2005, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

I am surprised by this. Who knows where this will lead the Tarheel state, being a person who was borned and raised there. We may have the "Good Ole Baptists" speaking to each other in the liquor store.

Carbob

dphillips's avatar - littleuns
      Albuquerque, New Mexico
      United States
      Member #5128
      June 18, 2004
      377 Posts
      Posted: August 31, 2005, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

I fled North Carolina years ago -- too numerous to mention -- because it was too conservative, a little backwards (according to the northern progressive cities).

Now, some of the religious zealots and others want to protest or file charges against the governor. In either case, the protestors have their right. However, why are most of them so adamantly opposed to gambling?  Do they have the same religious fervor about the seven deadly sins?  I do not want to get off on a religious soapbox. Nevertheless, people need to mind their business and stay out of the affairs of others. 

Finally, people who want to gamble will, and those who do not want to gamble, will not!  I note a tinge of jealously among the doomsayers: why should the poor or middle class become wealthy without working by the sweat of their brow!

dphillips (Blue)