Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

President Bush?

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 11 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
illinois
United States
Member #1781
July 3, 2003
865 Posts
Posted: September 1, 2005, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

I dodnt understand why the people on the coast are dieing why cant they fly over and drop water and  food two them i am soooo angry my heart is breaking .

Todd i know this doesnt go in the pick 3 but i dodnt post and i dodnt know where two put it What is the president doing about this? Does anyone know?

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: September 1, 2005, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

All our hearts are breaking, but I don't think they could drop anything from the president's 747 aircraft.  The National Guard helicopters are doing that, however, and everyone is mobilizing the best they can. 

The president declared a state of emergency quicker than anyone ever expected -- before there was knowledge of widespread problems.  He was incredibly on top of the situation, and if you stay tuned to the news channels, you'll have seen that he gave a very detailed speach about what he's doing to help.

As we found out on 9/11, president Bush is excellent at mobilizing help and leading the nation through tragedy.

The one person who has totally dropped the ball is the mayor of New Orleans, who is practically falling apart at the seams.  I blame all of those local politicians for not addressing the levy issue a long time ago.  The federal government has been warning them about it for years, but the local politicians did not act.

I locked this thread, because I'd like to keep all hurricane comments on the thread that I've purposely left open in the Lottery Discussion forum.  You can post there, or in your Blog (which is actually the best place for non-lottery topics).

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!