Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions Predictions

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 11 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
Member #5599
July 13, 2004
1184 Posts
Posted: September 3, 2005, 9:05 am - IP Logged

How many more games do you think it will take before we start seeing more accurate Mega Millions predictions?

Look at Maddogs challenge results for 9/2. Poor at best. I think it's because there's only been 21 games played under the new matrix and that isn't enough to get a good track.

For me, and the way I do my systems, it will be 34 games before I'll even attempt to try any serious analysis. Assuming, I can get any sort of accurate correlations, I'll start entering Maddogs Challenge.

Do, you think I'm right, or that none of us really know what we're doing, or that Mega Millions is just to tough for anyone to crack?

All comments welcome.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
    Member #12618
    March 18, 2005
    2060 Posts
    Posted: September 3, 2005, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

I don't think that Mega Millions or Powerball will be cracked. I think you just have to have the right numbers at the right time. =)

Dance like no one is watching.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19823 Posts
      Posted: September 3, 2005, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

I participate in the Maddogs challenge, but it doesn't effect my prediction method.  When the lottery gets over $100M, I play 20-25 lines that includes 10-13 MBs and 30-40 WBs. Companies that charge a fee to analyze and pick numbers to play don't work with such a small group.  If anyone could come up with wins consistently in the 5 MB and 15 WB format, they should be selling their services.  Last night my 25 lines matched a 0+1 and 2+1 for $12 which allowed me to play 25 lines for $13.  I entered what I thought were my best numbers in the challenge and matched 1+1. 

I pick the top numbers from my system for the MDMM challenge, but my system picks 10-13 MB which has a winner 75% of the time and 30-40 WB that have 4 or more winning numbers 75% of the time, but it hard to get all those winning numbers on the same line in 25 lines.  Now that all the core numbers have hit at lease twice, my system is working better.  The reduced MB balls of the new format actually helped my system. 

With odds of 1:175M, don't be surprised if you continue to see predictions that miss the mark.  Good luck to you.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23260 Posts
        Posted: September 3, 2005, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

I think although the odds are too outrageous to "crack" the game, there are SMART ways of playing it.

For example, I continue to use Lottery Post's Abbreviated Pick 5 wheels to pick the first 5 numbers, then I use as many Mega Ball numbers as there are lines in the wheel.

I did this last night and picked up a 3+0 and a 0+1.  If I used all Quick Picks, I probably would have won nothing.

As a matter of fact, I get at least a 3+0 more often than not.  How many other people can say this?  And I'm talking about tickets that I really buy, not simulated picks on the predictions board.

Playing my way may never win the jackpot, but you know what?  I believe in my heart that I have a better chance to win than most other people, because I'm playing smart.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19823 Posts
          Posted: September 3, 2005, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!
          I agree, that is the only way to play and enjoy it.  Play SMART with realistic expectations, within a budget you can afford and with a system that has a plan.  Even when you lose, you'll know you gave it a good try.  Playing the lotteries should be entertaining like playing any other games.

Evil Looking       

IL
            United States
            Member #15146
            May 10, 2005
            103 Posts
            Posted: September 3, 2005, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

I think although the odds are too outrageous to "crack" the game, there are SMART ways of playing it.

For example, I continue to use Lottery Post's Abbreviated Pick 5 wheels to pick the first 5 numbers, then I use as many Mega Ball numbers as there are lines in the wheel.

I did this last night and picked up a 3+0 and a 0+1.  If I used all Quick Picks, I probably would have won nothing.

As a matter of fact, I get at least a 3+0 more often than not.  How many other people can say this?  And I'm talking about tickets that I really buy, not simulated picks on the predictions board.

Playing my way may never win the jackpot, but you know what?  I believe in my heart that I have a better chance to win than most other people, because I'm playing smart.

How much do you spend to get such good results?

Morrison, IL
              United States
              Member #4657
              May 13, 2004
              1884 Posts
              Posted: September 3, 2005, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, that's the whole problem.  In order to play "smart" to guarantee a win nearly every time, you'd have to spend spend spend.  "Smart" playing does not do anything to us cheap lottery players who usually buy only one ticket per drawing.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23260 Posts
                Posted: September 3, 2005, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

When I play a game, I never just buy one ticket.  I don't play any game that way, ever.  I know the old phrase that "it only takes one ticket", but that's not the philosophy I live by!

To answer your question, I will normally play anywhere from $10 to $46, depending on which wheel I'm playing and how high the jackpot is.  I don't play every drawing, especially when the jackpot is low, so I probably end up spending what a daily Pick 3 player would spend on their habit -- maybe less.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19823 Posts
                  Posted: September 3, 2005, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, that's the whole problem.  In order to play "smart" to guarantee a win nearly every time, you'd have to spend spend spend.  "Smart" playing does not do anything to us cheap lottery players who usually buy only one ticket per drawing.

Playing SMART also means not spending more than than you can afford to lose. 

Playing SMART means being SMART and that's different for every person.  One time when I was buying $20 worth of lottery tickets, a guy buying a carton of cigarettes and a six-pack of beer smartly told me I was wasting my money buying lottery tickets.  It was obvious to me that I wasn't the only one wasting money on entertainment but I smiled and smartly went on my way. 

Evil Looking       

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                    Member #5599
                    July 13, 2004
                    1184 Posts
                    Posted: September 4, 2005, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

Don't misunderstand me, When it comes to mega millions, I'm not doing any better. And should not be taken by any, who entered Maddogs challenge, as a put down.  But, what I find disturbing is the fact that of how many talented people can ALL be so far off. Especially, for a site dedicated to Lotteries.

As I've stated before, the key for predicting to me is how many raw numbers you can conisitently pick that match the draw. If your doing well, you should be able to get 3 to 4 out of the 12/16 numbers fairly consistently. And even if you don't pick/wheel the right numbers out the the 12/16 , you know it's just a matter time till you do choose correctly for a win. And reguardless if your spending $1 or $100 for a draw, you know your raw data for a win is there.

I was hoping when I started this thread, to get opinions as to why so many people could be so far off....

To small of a sample size 

An unusual bias in the numbers being picked

Those types of things...

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19823 Posts
                      Posted: September 4, 2005, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

JKING,

Don't be too disturbed about other members who post their numbers and systems and don't come any closer to winning a jackpot than you, after all like you they came here hoping to discover something that would give them an edge.  IMHO, lots of players don't come close to picking the winning numbers because of the odds of doing so.  Good luck to you.

RJOh

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #8747
                        November 16, 2004
                        213 Posts
                        Posted: September 4, 2005, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

I don't think that the predictions are about helping each other winning than it is about seeing who is a better shot in the dark.

There's been questions about people playing numbers they put on the prediction page. It does seem like a waste of time.

I have used and dumped may systems but I always hope the latest one is it.

I believe there is a good prediction system because there a lot of numbers.

I will suggest to you work your system with the old numbers drawn.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                          A long and winding road
                          United States
                          Member #17084
                          June 10, 2005
                          4524 Posts
                          Posted: September 4, 2005, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

I beg to differ GetPaid. Most often the *intentions* of the participating players are to gather the correct combinations and aid others in a systematic way.Keep an open mind . Most here are players and do their best to not mislead others or try to *out do* others when making estimate plays.  Besides its intriguing !  I for one look to others in hopes of guidance come pick time. Nothing wrong with that :) Playing along doesnt have to be competitive but rather supportive :)

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

New Mexico
                            United States
                            Member #12305
                            March 10, 2005
                            2984 Posts
                            Posted: September 4, 2005, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

In answer to the original question of the thread, I believe PB and MM will certainly be 'cracked', maybe by someone here.  It mightn't be a cracking that will work frequently, but it wouldn't have to be.  A person doesn't have to win that many jackpots in a lifetime.

A system that is able to allow a person to pick once in a couple of years of play is a good system when that kind of odds and money are involved. 

Which isn't to suggest anyone's been doing well on the MM and PB challenges of late.  But they've occasionally done better in the past and I believe will do so occasionally in the future.  Not because they are guessing well, but because they're constantly learning more about what it takes to 'crack' the system in a limited way.

Any system that wins against those kinds of odds once in a lifetime is a system that worked, that cracked PB and MM.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

Sparta, NJ
                              United States
                              Member #18331
                              July 9, 2005
                              1977 Posts
                              Posted: September 5, 2005, 10:37 am - IP Logged

In answer to the original question of the thread, I believe PB and MM will certainly be 'cracked', maybe by someone here.  It mightn't be a cracking that will work frequently, but it wouldn't have to be.  A person doesn't have to win that many jackpots in a lifetime.

A system that is able to allow a person to pick once in a couple of years of play is a good system when that kind of odds and money are involved. 

Which isn't to suggest anyone's been doing well on the MM and PB challenges of late.  But they've occasionally done better in the past and I believe will do so occasionally in the future.  Not because they are guessing well, but because they're constantly learning more about what it takes to 'crack' the system in a limited way.

Any system that wins against those kinds of odds once in a lifetime is a system that worked, that cracked PB and MM.

Jack

I agree with your presumtion that a system only has to hit once to be effective. However, I wonder if there has ever been numbers published that show how the winners came about having the winning numbers. Say the top two tiers of PB and MM, how many won by QP, how many won because the numbers totalled Aunt May's male grandchildren, and how many won because they had a wheel, or some other system.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice