Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What if...

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by lchoro.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: September 5, 2005, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

What if you won the lottery, you are receiving annuity/lifetime payments (either you chose annuity or you didn't have a choice) and you lived in New Orleans? Where do they mail your next check?

Morrison, IL
    United States
    Member #4657
    May 13, 2004
    1884 Posts
    Posted: September 5, 2005, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Where would they mail your checks if you purchased your own annuity with a cash value option jackpot? lol

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: September 5, 2005, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

LP member "Annual Payments" lives in Louisiana. Maybe s/he'll think twice now.

Sparta, NJ
        United States
        Member #18331
        July 9, 2005
        1977 Posts
        Posted: September 5, 2005, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

"They" don't mail checks. Monies are transferred between electronic accounts. If you win the lottery, you'll starve watching the mailbox. Although I do think it would be cool driving a truck with hundred dollar bills stacked in the bed. In NO, right now, I figure I would get thirty or forty feet before some one cut my throat -deservedly.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
          Yinzer Country, PA
          United States
          Member #4067
          March 18, 2004
          2741 Posts
          Posted: September 6, 2005, 9:09 am - IP Logged

actually, the lottery gives you the option to either have the money direct-deposited into your account, or to have them give you a paper check.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
            Member #5565
            July 11, 2004
            260 Posts
            Posted: September 6, 2005, 11:54 am - IP Logged

Those checks only come once a year so there'd be plenty of time to change the mailing address in another city or the routing number for direct deposit if a new account was opened.  On the other hand... Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if the bloke won a 1 million dollar lottery prize but failed to insure his home because he though he was rich?  Now he's going to have to rebuild his 400,000 dollar home in New Orleans out of his own pocket...