Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 3:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Very important - Please Read

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 11 years ago by angelm.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
takeitez's avatar - japheth
Carters Lake, Ga.
United States
Member #5313
June 29, 2004
1065 Posts
Posted: September 7, 2005, 7:56 am - IP Logged

Now and then we read on the site, sad but true, stories about people going broke playing the lotto. Even some of our members are forced to stop playing because they can not control their gambling urges. Myself and several others on this site have done well and win at this game. But some never win.

It makes me hesitate to post numbers, thinking maybe I am contributing to their downfall. I don't want that to happen. I have said time after time to play only with a money management system.

The following is a reprint from Todd. I copied it from the 'Predictions Statistics page;

"Lottery predictions are not an exact science, and there is no "right" way to utilize this information.  These reports do not show who is a "good" predictor and who is "bad", but rather should be used as another tool to help you select your numbers to play."

Everyone should remember this when playing.

Good Luck

ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
    Redford/MI
    United States
    Member #3396
    January 18, 2004
    4867 Posts
    Posted: September 7, 2005, 8:13 am - IP Logged

Takeitez, it doesn't matter whether you choose to post or not.  The sad fact is if you have an addiction--you have an addiction.  This is a lottery forum (and numbers will continue to be posted). 

Everyone that visits here has a choice to be here or not be here.  If you have a problem with gambling, you know you shouldn't be here.  It has to be up to the individual that has the problem to choose to stop & seek help.

No-one else.  No-one else can make them stop...they have to want to stop.

I hope this doesn't sound harsh, as I do not mean it to be; But I know all too well that an addicted person has to own up to their problem before they can begin to deal with their addiction. 

Richland
      United States
      Member #2438
      October 3, 2003
      26 Posts
      Posted: September 7, 2005, 8:18 am - IP Logged

Takeitez, you are correct.  People should play moderately, I do.  I have a certain amount that I will spend and when that amount is gone, whether that number comes out or not,  I do not play.  I do not play every day.  ANd no matter how many post are out there and how many numbers are out there, some people cannot help themselves and whether they play from t his post or some other form, if they are addicted, then they need help.  By not posting, is not going to stop anyone from gambling if they really want to.  Play in moderation and do not let gambling become an addition.  Thanks for the words.

sweetthang99

Winner2Be's avatar - diva
        Charleston
        United States
        Member #1990
        August 5, 2003
        1675 Posts
        Posted: September 7, 2005, 8:44 am - IP Logged

My thoughts exactly lottaloot! I Agree!

We are ALL adults and if one has an addiction he/she needs to seek help because he/she wants to. With all due respect, one person not posting is NOT going to make a difference if one truly has an addiction.  Even if no one posted numbers, which won't happen on a Lottery Forum site; a person who is addicted will STILL play the lottery and any other means to gamble.

When it comes to ANY addictions, we must remember that first step in recovery start with one admitting he/she has a problem.  He/she also must want recovery in his/her life.  We can support that individual 100% as the recovery process goes on, but they must do the work themselves.  It's the way it works in AA Big Book.

As for LuckyChick- she was courageous enough to admit she had a problem.  If you remember she said she will not be returning to the forum because it is  at this point in her healing a trigger/temptation. 

If someone wants to recover, he/she should not be here early in recovery; just as an alcoholic shouls not hang out or work at a bar.  That's actually putting yourself in harms way...asking for a relapse.

For ALL who feels they have a problem PLEASE seek help.  The way the forum is ran should NOT be altered because some people are addicted to gambling.

Good Luck to ALL my lottery buddies, and as always-

HAPPY WINNINGS!!!

Group Hug

Sometimes the Heart can see what the eyes cannot.

lilnita's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
          Georgia
          United States
          Member #20550
          August 20, 2005
          802 Posts
          Posted: September 7, 2005, 9:16 am - IP Logged

Takeitez, You were doing a great thing with your M.J's. You taught me how to play and and stay on top by playing moderately. I don't feel that you are contributing to one's downfalls. You helped me managed my funds better. Thanks.

By the way, some people had become addicted to the game before joining the posts. I agree with the rest of the gang, with or without the posts a gambler will gamble.

undress's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
            roseville, MI
            United States
            Member #5980
            July 30, 2004
            18205 Posts
            Posted: September 7, 2005, 9:20 am - IP Logged

I agree Lottaloot, You have to use common sense. You can't play every number. I set a budget of x of amount of dollars a day to play no big deal. But your right ez. some people are hoping to win and throw the kitchen at it. But they are so affraid to lose they arent' going to win. This is suposed to be fun.

Mad ALL IN!Mad

United States
              Member #21051
              August 31, 2005
              1130 Posts
              Posted: September 7, 2005, 9:48 am - IP Logged

Will Cracking Down Pick 3

so dont play 2 much

just wait

Atomic Dog's avatar - sniffer
                Minnesota
                United States
                Member #13028
                March 28, 2005
                870 Posts
                Posted: September 7, 2005, 11:06 am - IP Logged

Greetings!

I saw this subject and the first thing that came to mind is the realization that what we are partaking in here is GAMBLING!  Gambling odds tell you right off the bat that the deck is stacked against you already.  Therefore, you should expect to lose one way or another and the majority of the time.  With this is mind, it would be wise to say that since these odds are stacked against you, you MUST set a BANK ROLL that limits the amount of money spent on picks.  My personal bank roll is $70.00 per week or $10.00 per day.  I do not go over this amount at all.  Also, I have a rule that once my Union Jack system hits for that week, I STOP PLAYING until the next week's cycle begins.  For example, my Union Jack system hit this week on Saturday for MN Daily 3.  I played my $10.00 on Saturday and lost.  Since my Union Jack system hit, I stop playing for money until next week.  I am out $10.00, but it's not as bad as being out $100.00 or $200.00 for the week.  If you adhere to rules like the ones illustrated above, you will earn a profit.  However, YOU MUST STICK TO THE RULES THAT YOU SET FOR YOURSELF INITIALLY!  YOU CANNOT STRAY FROM THESE RULES.  Also, you have to set REALISTIC rules that conform to your budget.  If you set unrealistic rules and goals, you will lose a lot of money very quickly!

In short, set a realistic bank roll for yourself and set rules that will limit over-spending on picks that will be detrimental to your personal budget.  Easier said than done, especially for the obsessive/compulsive personalities out there, but a necessity if one wants to play the lottery!

Just a thought!

Good Luck,

John

BOW WOW WOW ......

...... YIPPY YOH YIPPY YAY!!!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23277 Posts
                  Posted: September 7, 2005, 11:13 am - IP Logged

Playing the lottery is entertainment, pure and simple.  Spend only what you are prepared to lose, because except for a small percentage of people, you will in fact win less than you spend.

We all want to be included in that small fraction (!) but prepare yourself not not being in it.

If you play the lottery with those expectations, it will help you moderate your spending and enjoy playing a lot more!

Cheers

P.S. Don't stop posting predictions because you are afraid of someone playing them!  You are not to blame for other people's problems.  The only thing that happens when people stop posting their predictions is that it hurts the 99% of the people who are playing responsibly!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

misssally's avatar - Trek COMUNCTR.gif
                    Decatur, Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #4705
                    May 18, 2004
                    331 Posts
                    Posted: September 7, 2005, 11:18 am - IP Logged

I agree.  We must play in moderation.  One thing to note, it takes great courage to admit one has a problem.  And Takeitez, don't feel that you are contributing to ones' gambling.  We all make choices.  You have provided a great service to many of us here, especially us in GA.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                      Wisconsin
                      United States
                      Member #1303
                      March 27, 2003
                      1508 Posts
                      Posted: September 7, 2005, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

Hey EZ.....Stop feeling guilty. Playing lotto is a choice. People are responsible for their own choices, not the choices of others. 

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Shakey Dee's avatar - cat anm.gif

Bahamas
                        Member #958
                        December 27, 2002
                        8251 Posts
                        Posted: September 7, 2005, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

I, for one, will never feel guilty for posting my thoughts/input on the post. I enjoy seeing/hearing people saying when they have won one of the #'s I posted, and I'm ever so thankful to be in the company of the people on the post who appreciate my hard work in putting together the #'s I DO post. The members of the Lottery Post are a unique set of people, and I'm glad to be member #969! There are no more like us!Again, and as always, Good Luck!!!!

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
                          Member #19043
                          July 24, 2005
                          7378 Posts
                          Posted: September 7, 2005, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

LepHi everyone,I think this post is the best,a great way for me to get away without traveling,There are some amazing minds on this post and the members and viewing is what makes this post exciting,Posting our numbers is a good thing,it give a person  a chance to exchange or share information so i feel that no one should feel guilty at lottery post because that is the name of the game so i think everyone should keep sharing info and ideas that is wonderful,remember folks(Information Is Power!) Goodluck everyone!Hurray!To all.

LuvToWin616's avatar - happy
                            Canton, Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #12088
                            March 4, 2005
                            1165 Posts
                            Posted: September 7, 2005, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

I agree 100% delores 247 I Agree!

angelm's avatar - anne
                              richmond ky.
                              United States
                              Member #15877