Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 10:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Dont understand

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 11 years ago by SirMetro.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
new jersey
United States
Member #21621
September 12, 2005
12 Posts
Posted: September 12, 2005, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out to understand.  I have been trying to figuire out how different software works and how the filters, wheeling systems and stuff like that works.  I had downloaded the following to my computer:  lotto pro, lotto hat, lottobuster 2010 and in each one I have read for days and still dont understand the wheeling system and how you pick numbers from it.  I am really only interested in playing games such as NJpick 3, 4, 5 and 6.  I am not really all that interested in playing mega millions because the odds are just so much greater that I dont want to waste my money on it.  I just dont get how these programs work and cant seem to find anything that makes sense to me or is written in more of a beginners terms.  I have always played the lottery and never won more then 3 dollars and that is far and few between and now I have stumbled onto this website and others and want to increase my odds but so unsure how it works.  Any suggestions from anyone would be great. 

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: September 12, 2005, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

I would point the cursor over the"resources" heading on the tool bar all the way to the right. Scroll down and click on " Lottery wheels". That will explain it in detail.

Those wheels are for pick 5 and 6 only. For pick 3, click on the link below.

www.lotterypost.com/thread/119279

new jersey
      United States
      Member #21621
      September 12, 2005
      12 Posts
      Posted: September 12, 2005, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

I had read all that the other day and also again today and I still dont understand how it works.  I know that I have to pick so many numbers, ex: such as 7 or 8 to make a wheel but what I dont understand is how is that giving you greater odds to win when you are picking your own numbers.  I know on the sites that I wrote and said that I have free trials to on my above post, they have filters where you can select different things such as hot numbers, cold numbers, odds and evens and other things.  I know this is all still just a chance of luck but picking your own numbers in a wheel doesnt really lesson your chance of winning especially if the numbers you play dont ever come out so that I think is where I am confused about the whole thing.  I doubt there is a program out that makes it super easy for beginners to work with, this is just all new to me and I am just not grasping what it is saying.  I think I am just gonna have to do alot of research online and maybe there will be a website or a book in the bookstore like wheeling for dummies or something.  I just want to play around and find out the best possible way to lesson my odds that I can understand a little better.  This website has been the most help to me but I just cant get the wheeling thing straight. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19900 Posts
        Posted: September 12, 2005, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

If you are using a X numbers wheel , you will have to exchange your X numbers with X numbers in the wheel, software will do it for you.  For example if you're using 10 numbers wheel which will have 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 in it, and you would to wheel 10 numbers of your own choice like 5,7,10,11,15,17,20,23,29,35 you want to exchange the numbers in the wheel with your numbers.  If the wheel has a guarantee of 3if5 and 5 of the winning numbers are in your list, you will match 3 or better.  Software will allow you to pick the wheel, the numbers and print out the list to play, but you can do with paper and pencil too.  Sounds like you should try some things with pencil and paper first, then you will understand and appreciate how software help you do the same thing faster.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #1759
          June 29, 2003
          1156 Posts
          Posted: September 12, 2005, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

Basically "Karosel" your gonna have too learn on your own that's how I did it back in 1996 when I bought my first program "Windows Lotto-Pro" a year later I purchased another one Gail Howards "Advantage Plus" I had too study and learn about wheeling,filtering and basic software operation.Eventually I learned how too use it well enough too hit numbers in the Pick-3/4 and 5 no pick-5 jackpot just 3/4 number hits.In order too get good results from software you must have a very good number selection strategy and be very familiar with filtering.Unfortunately theres no school/training available it's all "on the job training" that can take several years if your a complete beginner or less if you have some experince.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3112 Posts
            Posted: September 14, 2005, 4:40 am - IP Logged

If you're looking for a leg up visit http://www.lotto-logix.com everything is free on site, books and things for sale are links to places off the site, but lots of free stuff to read and think about when picking your numbers.  Some information on how wheels work.  BobP

SirMetro's avatar - center
              East of Atlanta
              United States
              Member #6191
              August 11, 2004
              1389 Posts
              Posted: September 14, 2005, 8:06 am - IP Logged

Karosel,

As I understand wheeling, the basic concept is that you reduce the quantity of numbers to play down to a more managable list (example Fantasy 5 in GA has 39 numbers). Once you have established which numbers you think are worth playing, you simply input these into the various programs (or the Wheel option here at Lottery Post). The "Wheel" then creates a List with a variety of combinations, with the general idea that, if you want to cover each number you decided to play, it will create that list for you. You may want to seriously consider the Wheels available here at LP before you spend money on any software.

A good example would be, suppose you reduced the list of 39 Fantasy 5 numbers down to 7. Go to http://www.lotterypost.com/wheels-5.asp and select the "Full 5 if 5 of 7"

This will allow you to input the 7 numbers and the wheel will generate a list of 21 combinations you may want to consider playing. By expanding your membership to Gold or Platinum, you will get access a larger variety of wheels to use.

The key to making any wheel work is to learn how to determine WHAT numbers you think are due or could possible be drawn. This could be anywhere from 6 to 40 plus numbers. Understand the game and watch for possible patterns. Then, utilize the wheels to take advantage of those patterns you find.

Good Luck,

Sir Metro