Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Katrina

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 11 years ago by angelm.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Delano
United States
Member #21776
September 14, 2005
1 Posts
Posted: September 14, 2005, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

Is it just me or does it seem silly to play a game for 250 million dollars when there are people out there with no homes. I think (even half would be good) it should go to the states that need it. They are going to have to tear down and rebuild entire cities, and not everyone had insurance, and most wont b able to pay for rebuilding of their own homes. It's kind of selfish to play for all that money with all the devestation out there. And people need to stop giving money to the red cross. Red cross is short term reliefe...we need to be donating to the organizations that will be in it for the long hail..or Habitat for Humanity so they can rebuild all those homes.

angelm's avatar - anne
    richmond ky.
    United States
    Member #15877
    May 22, 2005
    8472 Posts
    Posted: September 14, 2005, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

There are people everywhere who save that one dollar to play the lottery in hope of winning and making their own life better.Alot of people that win do good things with the money.I say everybody should do what makes them happy and if it is playing lottery then go for it.I do feel sympathy for everyone affected by the hurricane but not playing the lottery is not going to solve everyones situation.