Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what is the best way to buy your tickets

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 11 years ago by acronym007.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
luckydraw's avatar - anglewings
yreka ca
United States
Member #19578
August 2, 2005
2 Posts
Posted: September 15, 2005, 5:04 am - IP Logged

dose anyone know the best way to  buy lotto tickets i hear many ways but is there a way to better your chance of winning some thing like buying 5 tickets at once and afew hours later go back to the same store and buy 5 more or buy10 tickets all at once at the same store so if any of you players out there hads any input i will be happy to hear itLurkingBlue Angel

LosingJeff's avatar - flower
    Greenfield
    United States
    Member #3587
    February 2, 2004
    557 Posts
    Posted: September 15, 2005, 6:35 am - IP Logged

it doesnt matter! Why dont they just make the field of numbers 100 and just rake in the money----we have no chance, everyone just sits back and takes it. There is nothing u can do until some politician gets involved--and that wont happen. Money in society is worth more than integrity. For God sakes, daily games are rigged so bad u cant win. Odds are bad enough in an honest game!Lottery is just not fun when its controlled. We are in a mess~

Morrison, IL
      United States
      Member #4657
      May 13, 2004
      1884 Posts
      Posted: September 15, 2005, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

I think they're smart enough to not make the field of numbers 100.  As someone else in Lottery Post once said, the matrix is a double-edged sword.  Sure, if they increase the matrix, they will probably increase the average jackpot size, but on the other hand, they may significantly decrease the number of players who buy tickets at "low" jackpot levels.  For instance, Powerball sold 4 million tickets less than normal for last night's drawing for $80 million.

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
        Magnolia, Delaware
        United States
        Member #18795
        July 20, 2005
        789 Posts
        Posted: September 15, 2005, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

Personally I don't play daily games (pick 3,4 or keno). Keno has the worst odds out of any game, unless it's roulette, then that's the worst of them all. To gamble is just that, to gamble on the chance of winning. I take a gamble each and everyday that some fool out there in a car isn't going to hit me and kill me, does that mean the other drivers out there in society have no Integrity? I don't think so!

The games of today have much more integrity than any game has ever had in the past. Of course with the exception of a few bad apples out there that have the ability to fix the game and profit from it! But hasn't everyone of those who have tried been busted and sent to jail!

And now to stay on topic. I buy my MM & PB tickets in the last 15 mins of the game closing for that draw!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

United States
          Member #21864
          September 16, 2005
          2 Posts
          Posted: September 16, 2005, 9:00 am - IP Logged

Does buying in the last 15 minutes ever worked?

Sparta, NJ
            United States
            Member #18331
            July 9, 2005
            1977 Posts
            Posted: September 16, 2005, 9:51 am - IP Logged

Does buying in the last 15 minutes ever worked?

Probably no more often than waiting for the last 30 minutes.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

USA
              United States
              Member #1849
              July 15, 2003
              265 Posts
              Posted: September 17, 2005, 12:14 am - IP Logged

I have tried everything I could think of; different stores, different towns, different states, single tickets, same tickets, one from each store, using my numbers, quick picks, buying the last few minutes, buying 100 tickets at once(like Jack), buying one ticket and a gallon of milk(like the army guy). LOL. I think I've tried everything and still I sit here broke with the rest of you. Hehe. In a seriousness, I don't think it matters one but, your time is your time. With that I'll keep playing because you certainly can't win if you don't play. Cheers,

Sparta, NJ
                United States
                Member #18331
                July 9, 2005
                1977 Posts
                Posted: September 17, 2005, 11:15 am - IP Logged

The odds are, the guy in New Jersey who won the big one, is not a regular, stopped off for a coffee or lunch meal, and hit with Quick Pick - then never gave it another thought. Hopefully it is some one who will have time to enjoy the power and pleasure that much money can bring.

Cheers

United States
                  Member #21329
                  September 7, 2005
                  8 Posts
                  Posted: September 17, 2005, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

Well I live in California and the big jackpot winners do not have a system. In their interviews, it's just random or last minute thing for them to buy a ticket.

My mom's acquaintance won a $40,000,000 jackpot. She FORCED her daughter to buy a couple of tickets at some restaurant they were eating at, but her daughter was reluctant cause she wanted to use that money to buy some snacks. They got into a quarrel over it, but the mother kept insisting and fortunately for all of them, they bought the Lotto tickets and look what happened. They won a huge jackpot!

So I think it's random, when you least expect it you can win!

USA
                    United States
                    Member #1849
                    July 15, 2003
                    265 Posts
                    Posted: September 17, 2005, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

It is random, anyone who spends to much time trying to figure it out is wasting his/her time. IMHO. I'm sure there are millions of people trying to figure out something that works, some system, then while this person is doing that another person comes along and buys a quick pick with a loaf of bread and wins. Lotto = random

Sparta, NJ
                      United States
                      Member #18331
                      July 9, 2005
                      1977 Posts
                      Posted: September 17, 2005, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

Well I live in California and the big jackpot winners do not have a system. In their interviews, it's just random or last minute thing for them to buy a ticket.

My mom's acquaintance won a $40,000,000 jackpot. She FORCED her daughter to buy a couple of tickets at some restaurant they were eating at, but her daughter was reluctant cause she wanted to use that money to buy some snacks. They got into a quarrel over it, but the mother kept insisting and fortunately for all of them, they bought the Lotto tickets and look what happened. They won a huge jackpot!

So I think it's random, when you least expect it you can win!

Has there ever been a multimillion dollar winner that used - and admitted to using - a mathimatical system? I'm not asking about the third or fourth tier, but the BIG one.

Most of the real winners I remember fell into two limited categories. Playing the same number over and over; usually a combination of birth dates, or wedding dates, or something similar. A spontaneity Quck Pick purchase, be some where and buy a ticket because the urge was there. and the occasional person who rotates several slip over several years.

Cheers

USA
                        United States
                        Member #1849
                        July 15, 2003
                        265 Posts
                        Posted: September 17, 2005, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

Chewie, I think if there were a system no one would share it or someone would be wealthier than Bill Gates because they would sell it in which case the jackpot would NEVER rollover. Hehe. I see the same as you do Chewie, the persistant winner or the lucky sucker. I think 7 out of 10 it's the lucky sucker. That's from most of my reading it's some sclub like me who just purchases on a whim. Jack though, he was one of us, he was a perisistant winner.