Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How much money a year can you make? IF...

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Shawnintennesse.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #18929
July 22, 2005
1 Posts
Posted: September 16, 2005, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Let's say someone wins the Lottery today, and decides for the lump sump 250/2=125- 25%...roughly getting $94 million... if that person sets up a good team of lawyers, CPA and other, etc. if we can just guess, how much can someone make investing some of that money a year? How much would you invest a year? of course, depends on how much and on what...but let's just freely guess hypothetically.

Also, with that money, if you wanna buy a house, let's say California, how much would you spend for your main residence? What do you guys consider appropiate? I mean we have to think about property taxes and how much that would be per year.

so...what's u guys thoughts on this?

perth western australia
    Australia
    Member #18099
    July 5, 2005
    17 Posts
    Posted: September 17, 2005, 1:53 am - IP Logged

if I won that much money I would buy a house in every country in the world-- lets say 74 homes in 74 countries - just a wild guess but that will do--- then I would rent them out- now I rekon I could probably get 15,000 a year rent after all expenses- another wild guess--- so lets say I get 15 k a year x 74 now thats a whopping 1 . 110 million dolars tax frigen free a year--- now theres still 20 odd million left in the bank - I would then visit at least half my homes every year- in other words  a free holiday every 10 days roughly---- but wait theres more.

after say 20 years - and if all goes well- then your 74 homes would be worth 148 million and if ya didnt blow ya dough just think of all that rent money to spend TAX FREE..

anyway-- who gives a flying kangaroo about all that- I just wanna win the frigen thing first:) lol hehehehehhehe

onya mates:) seeya all 

Sparta, NJ
      United States
      Member #18331
      July 9, 2005
      1977 Posts
      Posted: September 17, 2005, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Not exactly my plan, but along the same real estate lines. The potential problem are: Not renting them all, destruction by the tenants, deadbeats you can't evict, insurance, fire, floods. Not everything is roses. Sometime making money is work.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

United States
        Member #21329
        September 7, 2005
        8 Posts
        Posted: September 17, 2005, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

Well, I always thought that if you had 94 million, you can just put it in the bank and collect the interest money from that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but let's just say 1,000,000= $2,000 dollars a month in interest. So mulitple that by 94,000,000... that's alot of money a month RIGHT? Isn't that how it work with interest money? And the best part is your principal is still intact forever!

Morrison, IL
          United States
          Member #4657
          May 13, 2004
          1884 Posts
          Posted: September 17, 2005, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Banks are an option; however, they're only federally insured for up to $100,000.  So unless you can build a network of 940 different banks, that's not a smart option.

Shawnintennesse's avatar - British Pint_414_.jpg
            Springfield,Ohio
            United States
            Member #14006
            April 19, 2005
            3972 Posts
            Posted: September 17, 2005, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

Banks are an option; however, they're only federally insured for up to $100,000.  So unless you can build a network of 940 different banks, that's not a smart option.

You can...

Theres accounts that do that. Cedars accounts do that. You deposit your money. And all the banks you need have your money..

Fully insured....

If it weren't for Vtracs and STXS where would we be?

Sparta, NJ
              United States
              Member #18331
              July 9, 2005
              1977 Posts
              Posted: September 17, 2005, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

You win the money - the banks will come calling. It'll be like that e-loan commercial. They'll every where. Like ticks smelling blood. The hard part will be deciding who will give you the most for the least effort/investment. That's where the Financial Advisers come in. Pre-planning will save you money. Post-planning will cost you money. Use the internet!

Cheers

Springfield,Ohio
                United States
                Member #14006
                April 19, 2005
                3972 Posts
                Posted: September 17, 2005, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

You win the money - the banks will come calling. It'll be like that e-loan commercial. They'll every where. Like ticks smelling blood. The hard part will be deciding who will give you the most for the least effort/investment. That's where the Financial Advisers come in. Pre-planning will save you money. Post-planning will cost you money. Use the internet!

Most big banks. Give you financial advisers. At least in the South.

I dont know about anywhere else.

Sparta, NJ
                  United States
                  Member #18331
                  July 9, 2005
                  1977 Posts
                  Posted: September 17, 2005, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

That smacks of double diippin' to me. The bank makes money because they control my money. The employees of that bank make money, because they tell me how to spend the money that the bank is making money off of. Hummmm. Me thinks, you're better off with independant investors, or at the least an army of independant auditors. I would have heart burn volunteering to becoming the second Enron. Not that I don't trust bankers. I just think they're in the same category as politicians.

Cheers

Springfield,Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #14006
                    April 19, 2005
                    3972 Posts
                    Posted: September 17, 2005, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

That smacks of double diippin' to me. The bank makes money because they control my money. The employees of that bank make money, because they tell me how to spend the money that the bank is making money off of. Hummmm. Me thinks, you're better off with independant investors, or at the least an army of independant auditors. I would have heart burn volunteering to becoming the second Enron. Not that I don't trust bankers. I just think they're in the same category as politicians.

Forgot to mention..

You dont pay for them. There free because of where your banking.

First Tennessee is also First Horizon. So there big time. They have billions of dollars. The bank makes money anyways.

Especially if they close an account. $100,000 everytime they close one down... Thats something they dont tell everyone about.