Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Megaplier Petition....

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 11 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: September 17, 2005, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

Guys, i am not in favor of the megaplier petition to multiply one's own winning on megamillions....Guys, how greedy can you get.....The starting point of mega millions whether is 10, 12 or 15 million is still a lot of money...Why would you want to multiply it.....There is even comment that there are people who would not play the game unless the jackpot surpasses the 50 million dollars...Just how greedy are people...That's why they never win anything...To me, 3 million is a lot of money....and 10, 12 or 15 millions is confortable too...I feel that every individual state should have a megamillions lotto or a powerball, and not make powerball or megamillions a multistate lotto.....So those of you who are in favor of the megaplier petition for mega millions know that i am against it...I also feel that AMerica should have a lotto like spain, a billion dollar lotto (is actually 612 million dollars), or like japan, where it pays like around 400 million dollar lotto(if i am not mistaken)....USA should have at least a 100 million dollar lotto on every region...This is the US , why not????PLease let me know what is your opinion.....

michael brown

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23273 Posts
    Posted: September 17, 2005, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

You don't seem to understand the Megaplier, which is most likely why you're against it.

People often don't like things they don't understand.

The Megaplier does not have any effect on the jackpot size or the jackpot payout.  It is only for lower-tier prizes winners -- i.e., the people who DON'T win the jackpot.

As a side note, I have noticed that your method about things is to shoot from the hip and form strong opinions on things, without stopping to look at alternative viewpoints.  It may help you to do so.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
      Member #1826
      July 11, 2003
      2645 Posts
      Posted: September 18, 2005, 12:32 am - IP Logged

Todd is right, I'm afraid. You have complained about lotteries not doing research, even though it seems you don't do any research either.

1. You think Keno is pick 20 out of 80, which it is only on one end. The lottery picks 20, but we're limited to picking 10 (unless you can come up with some complete and expensive wheel).

2. You think that bonus ball games like Tri-State Megabucks and NY Lotto are pick-7 games. Wrong again, I fear, and for a similar reason to number 1. They may pick a total of 7 numbers, but players only pick 6, and only the first 6 drawn apply to jackpot. The 7th bonus ball is just a token (metaphorically speaking).

3. Concerning the post you made about lotteries doing "Very little lottery research". The fact is they have been doing lots of lottery research. And they've found that people want higher jackpots, no matter what the odds may be. They aren't there for people wanting to beat the system.

But this may be the proof of the pudding here, you thinking the Megaplier only multiplies the jackpot. Like Todd said, it multiplies everything but the jackpot. Did you even go to the Texas Lottery website? My guess is no.

I hate it if this whole thing sounded mean, but when someone accuses one party of not doing something, in this case lotteries doing research, while the accuser isn't doing much research either, that really peeves me. It's hypocrisy.

(insert signature here)

Morrison, IL
        United States
        Member #4657
        May 13, 2004
        1884 Posts
        Posted: September 18, 2005, 1:19 am - IP Logged

The Megaplier petition is not stupid.  I'm all in favor of it even though I'll never play it.  It's nice to have the option to multiply your fixed cash prizes though.

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: September 18, 2005, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

guys, i apoligize about this i made no research on the megaplier pettition..HOwever guys, what is you all opinion on the rest of the subject...See i not only talk about the megaplier pettition but about Spain and Japan lotteries...I will appreciate your opinion...Thanks a lot for posting your opinion, i am greatly thankful...

and JImmySand9, even if in keno you select 10 numbers out of the 20 numbers from the possible 80 balls, the odd of matching all 10 numbers it is still high, increadibly high...about the lottery i still feel that they've done very little research on the past about the impact the lottery would have on players...and I apologize if i caused you any distress...

I will make sure that the next time i am going to do research....

thanks for reading my post..

michael brown