Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Game From Me

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Rick G.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: September 19, 2005, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

For the lottery, I'd call it "Full Card Lotto". But for you guys, I'll call it "Wheeler's Paradise".

Pick 6 from 49

Price : 5 For $1!!!

Minimum Jackpot : $500,000 (Annuity Value), 26.875% of sales contributed to jackpot.

Prize
Odds per $1
Match 6
Jackpot
1 : 2,796,763
Match 5
$500
1 : 10,840
Match 4
$20
1 : 206
Match 3
$1
1 : 11

Overall Odds per $1 : 1 in 10

(insert signature here)

Morrison, IL
    United States
    Member #4657
    May 13, 2004
    1884 Posts
    Posted: September 19, 2005, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

This could be a good daily game.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
      FEMA Region V Camp #21
      United States
      Member #520
      July 27, 2002
      5699 Posts
      Posted: September 19, 2005, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

Those odds are computed the same way the lottery would like you to believe what your odds are.

For example, if a game has one million combinations, the lotteries tell you that your odds have decreased to 500,000 to one by buying two combinations.  That is mathematically incorrect.  The lotteries divide the number of plays from the overall odds when in reality they should only be subtracting them.

In the above example your odds are 999,999 to one of winning with one combination.  When you play two combinations your odds have only been lowered to 999,998 to one, not 500,000 to one.

As one poster previously put it, the other possible combinations don't magically "disappear".

But I like the concept of the proposed game...cheaper cost per combination might encourage more play (and a larger revenue for the states, which is what they want).

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: September 19, 2005, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

Those odds are computed the same way the lottery would like you to believe what your odds are.

For example, if a game has one million combinations, the lotteries tell you that your odds have decreased to 500,000 to one by buying two combinations.  That is mathematically incorrect.  The lotteries divide the number of plays from the overall odds when in reality they should only be subtracting them.

In the above example your odds are 999,999 to one of winning with one combination.  When you play two combinations your odds have only been lowered to 999,998 to one, not 500,000 to one.

As one poster previously put it, the other possible combinations don't magically "disappear".

But I like the concept of the proposed game...cheaper cost per combination might encourage more play (and a larger revenue for the states, which is what they want).

I guess it all depends on how you look at it.

(insert signature here)

FEMA Region V Camp #21
          United States
          Member #520
          July 27, 2002
          5699 Posts
          Posted: September 19, 2005, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy,

I'm only pointing out the reality of odds.  If you have x amount of combinations, for every combination you play your odds are x minus the number of combinations you play.

It's not a matter of how one looks at it.  It is the mathematics.  The numbers are not segmented into sections.  Each and every combination is an individual component of the total of x.

United States
            Member #1826
            July 11, 2003
            2645 Posts
            Posted: September 19, 2005, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy,

I'm only pointing out the reality of odds.  If you have x amount of combinations, for every combination you play your odds are x minus the number of combinations you play.

It's not a matter of how one looks at it.  It is the mathematics.  The numbers are not segmented into sections.  Each and every combination is an individual component of the total of x.

Well at the same time it's also a matter of this. You have a bag of 10 million chips, like an oversized 3 Strikes bag from the Price is Right. There is one green chip, and the rest are strikes. If you take one chip, the odds getting the green chip will be 1 in 10 million. But lets say you take another chip. The odds of getting the green chip on that pull is indeed one less than 10 miilion. But when you factor in whatever other chips you pulled prior or will pull later, it averages out to the divided odds. You know you don't believe me, but let's just agree to disagree.

But anyway, what do the rest of you think of the 5/$1 game? Would you play it?

(insert signature here)

United States
              Member #119
              February 19, 2002
              527 Posts
              Posted: September 19, 2005, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

I don't like your game for the simple fact that a 6/49 game should start out with a $2,000,000 minimum jackpot.  The states with 6/49 lotto games make a KILLING off ticket buyers.  Anything less is unjust.

United States
                Member #1826
                July 11, 2003
                2645 Posts
                Posted: September 19, 2005, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

I don't like your game for the simple fact that a 6/49 game should start out with a $2,000,000 minimum jackpot.  The states with 6/49 lotto games make a KILLING off ticket buyers.  Anything less is unjust.

It's 5 plays for a dollar! For a $1 game you're right. But with a game with this low a price, it has to have a low minimum.

(insert signature here)

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                  United States
                  Member #520
                  July 27, 2002
                  5699 Posts
                  Posted: September 20, 2005, 9:59 am - IP Logged

Jimmy, I like the concept of the game because one could afford to play larger wheels which is the idea behind your concept as you stated in your first post.

As far as the payouts go, I didn't analyze that aspect closely enough to make a comment.  I don't play games with odds that high...the only jackpot game I play is the IL Little Lotto, a 5/39 game with odds just over half a million to one.  $100,000 guaranteed jackpot with rollovers...and I only spend a buck a day on that one.

As far as our odds discussion goes, yes, we can agree to disagree.  I Agree!