Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Calling Canadian Experts

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by starchild_45.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
starchild_45's avatar - spherewall2
kent, washington
United States
Member #3509
January 26, 2004
465 Posts
Posted: September 20, 2005, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

how is that the canadian lotto 6/49 can remain unchanged for the last two drawsings? were there winners for the last two drawings? what is the deal? after someone wins it goes below 4 million? if it does go below 4 million do they just hold the pot at 4 million until it actually gets enough sales to move it up a million or two?

inquirying minds want to know (ok maybe just me!)

don't forget Puerto Rico. $11,000,000 for this saturday's drawing.

Jake649's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

Canada
    Member #2673
    November 2, 2003
    497 Posts
    Posted: September 20, 2005, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

The CDN Lotto 640 jackpot is solely supported by sales. The only exception is when there are bonus draws.

The estimated starting jackpot is $4 million. The actual jackpot is usually just above or below the $4 million mark. The estimated jackpot remained at $4 million because it was won. If the jackpot is not won, the next estimated level is usually $8 million.

By the way, there is a current promotion on where players can get free tickets this week and next. See www.olgc.ca for details.

Good luck,
    Jake

kent, washington
      United States
      Member #3509
      January 26, 2004
      465 Posts
      Posted: September 20, 2005, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

thanks jake. i was real curious about that stagnation. you don't see the stagnation in the us lottos. they usually creep up at least 10,000 or so dollars. i just want to make sure i was getting my moneys worth and not some scheme to cover up loses by the illumnati.

regarding the other thing about the free tickets. well i can't do that this week because when i play i play in BC not ontario. that is a long way for a free ticket. i have a subscription anyway and i live in the states. i get one when i go up to canada for vacation. thanks for both pieces of information.

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: September 20, 2005, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

I was surprised to find out that 6/49 only plays 47%. The payouts seemed perfectly fair, even for a CDN$2 game. Well, I have no big problem with even 40% games so I'd still play.

(insert signature here)

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: September 21, 2005, 11:22 am - IP Logged

jimmy:

I'll take a 47% tax-free payout over 40% taxable any day. I knew that Canada has rather low payout percentages.

kent, washington
            United States
            Member #3509
            January 26, 2004
            465 Posts
            Posted: September 22, 2005, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

jimmy:

I'll take a 47% tax-free payout over 40% taxable any day. I knew that Canada has rather low payout percentages.

maybe that is why their pots are so low. oh well i will keep playing. money is money.