Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Prime ticket service

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 11 years ago by acronym007.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
USA
United States
Member #1849
July 15, 2003
265 Posts
Posted: September 22, 2005, 8:17 am - IP Logged

Hello all,

First off I use Prime Ticket Service and I like my results so far. I do have one problem that occurs with them. Often all, not just one, but all of my credit cards are declined for no reason. They will work fine one day then be declined for a day or two then back to normal. Does anyone else use this service in here and if so are any of you experience similiar problems? Thanks

PS. Yes, I already emailed cusomter service, my thought is they have no clue why this happening. Also, yes, I still recommend the service if they can get your card to work. Cheers,

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23274 Posts
    Posted: September 22, 2005, 8:52 am - IP Logged

I use them about two times per week, and I haven't had any problems with my credit card getting declined.

Maybe they are just using a picky credit card processor, which is thinking you're posting duplicate orders or something.  Who knows what can trigger an alert these days, when credit card fraud is rampant, and these credit card companies are getting anxious.

A couple of suggestions I would offer would be to (a) group your purchases together, so that you put everything you want in your cart at one time (in one order), rather than multiple smaller orders, and (b) maybe try using a subscription if you play the same game every draw, so you're charging your card fewer times.

I have personally liked using their service and not had any problems.  However, the first time I placed an order and saw the Mastercard SecureCode screen it was a little strange.  I had never seen or used that before.  But from what I understand, more and more transactions on the Internet are going to start using it.  For those who haven't seen it, after you enter you name and credit card details, the next page comes up with a "Mastercard SecureCode" logo, and the logo from your bank, and it asks you to login to your bank's online system.  It is a secondary fraud check imposed by your bank, to make sure you are who you say you are.  Like I said, it was a little strange the first time, but I'm used to it now, and I feel a bit safer knowing they are doing that secondary check.

Cheers

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

USA
      United States
      Member #1849
      July 15, 2003
      265 Posts
      Posted: September 22, 2005, 8:56 am - IP Logged

Good to hear it's only me. It's just odd because it's all my cards only sometimes. Thanks for the tip and feedback.

Amarillo/Austin
        United States
        Member #1424
        April 25, 2003
        696 Posts
        Posted: September 22, 2005, 9:52 am - IP Logged

Todd:

Is it OK to use Net Teller?

Orangeman                                      What?

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
          Charlotte NC
          United States
          Member #17406
          June 18, 2005
          4053 Posts
          Posted: September 22, 2005, 10:47 am - IP Logged

Prime time has a security feature during registration , fortunately it was through my bank.  (maybe all banks are represented) It was for internet purchases.  I had to answer a series of questions, like what is your dog's name. 

Due to the nature of the purchase red flag - lottery tickets - some banks got your back and many charge a small fee. 

When I attempted to used my debit card to become a premium member of Lottery Post, my bank declined it over and over.  I am a pay as you go person and I didn't want to use my credit card.  The credit card industry is out of control, and besides who want to pay interest on lottery ticket purchases.

Then I tried my credit card, they declined it and called me on the phone for fraud alert.  I think the word "lottery" raises a red flag.  Especially, if the purchase is out of character.

takeemtothebank

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23274 Posts
            Posted: September 22, 2005, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Todd:

Is it OK to use Net Teller?

Orangeman                                      What?

I don't think they take Net Teller.  The only options I have seen is Visa and Mastercard.  You could ask, though.

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23274 Posts
              Posted: September 22, 2005, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Prime time has a security feature during registration , fortunately it was through my bank.  (maybe all banks are represented) It was for internet purchases.  I had to answer a series of questions, like what is your dog's name. 

Due to the nature of the purchase red flag - lottery tickets - some banks got your back and many charge a small fee. 

When I attempted to used my debit card to become a premium member of Lottery Post, my bank declined it over and over.  I am a pay as you go person and I didn't want to use my credit card.  The credit card industry is out of control, and besides who want to pay interest on lottery ticket purchases.

Then I tried my credit card, they declined it and called me on the phone for fraud alert.  I think the word "lottery" raises a red flag.  Especially, if the purchase is out of character.

Are you saying that when you tried to buy a Lottery Post membership, your bank contacted you with a fraud alert?  I have never heard of that before - very strange!

Unlike places like Prime Ticket Service, Lottery Post is not offering lottery tickets or services, only a web site membership fee, so it really is nothing to do with "the lottery".  It is akin to buying a membership to a golf web site.  You're buying a membership to a web site, not anything to do with the lottery.  So there shouldn't be any kind of fraud suspicion based on the lottery.

Charlotte NC
                United States
                Member #17406
                June 18, 2005
                4053 Posts
                Posted: September 22, 2005, 11:43 am - IP Logged

Yeah, they called me on the phone to make sure I was the person charging.  I hardly use my credit card and they said that the nature of it raised a red flag.

My debit card was declined over and over too.  That's why I went to my credit card.

takeemtothebank

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8363 Posts
                  Posted: September 22, 2005, 11:47 am - IP Logged

People whom are saying that their credit cards are being denied.

Have you signed up for fraud alerts.

Have you ever had identity theft. And did you report it. If so many lending institutions are monitoring every credit card purchase you make regardless of what cards you are using. You could in fact use your visa card. Then your bank card and then your master card. And on the third purchase find out that all your cards have stopped working. all your cards are in limbo so to speak. The lenders will call you and ask you if you are in fact the person using the cards. They have implemented this because either you signed up for it or otherwise were a victim of indenity theft and when you reported it. Your cards were placed on a watch list.

Last Christmas i decided to do some last minute shopping and used three different credit cards when i made my third purchase they said my card didn't work any more. So good thing i had some cash to pay for the items. When i got home i had three messages on my phone to contact the card holders and let them know it was me using them and not some thieve. I told them it was me and they said if i wanted to make continuous purchases to contact them and let them know before i hit the stores.

So this might be what is happing to some of you. I don't know for sure but though i'll let you know there are measures in place like that to protect you even thought it might be inconvenient to you.

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
                    United States
                    Member #19651
                    August 3, 2005
                    621 Posts
                    Posted: September 22, 2005, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

i  have the same problem  its gone on for weeks 4 card banks    i will try again  the last service worked        but i like having the tic in my luckie spot            todd do they get tickets in none tax states   

Charlotte NC
                      United States
                      Member #17406
                      June 18, 2005
                      4053 Posts
                      Posted: September 22, 2005, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

I have never reported idenity theft, I didn't sign up for anything.  I think there are tougher laws now concerning identity theft.   For years banks did not have a system in place to protect consumers.  The government made them do it.  They didn't want to do it and didn't care. 

When you were a victim of identity theft in the past, you were treated like a criminal and was looped into a black hole.  There are written actions to take if it happens now. 

I think everyone should know the actions to take with identity theft and if your wallet is stolen, because what you do next determines the outcome.

And yes, I was told that the word "lottery" raised a question and they declined my card and called me before they let it through.

takeemtothebank

Sparta, NJ
                        United States
                        Member #18331
                        July 9, 2005
                        1977 Posts
                        Posted: September 22, 2005, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

i  have the same problem  its gone on for weeks 4 card banks    i will try again  the last service worked        but i like having the tic in my luckie spot            todd do they get tickets in none tax states   

I am running fifty-fifty with them. I come back a day later, and it works. Only have one debit card (zero credit cards - I don't need to pay to use MY money). Never had a probalem with any other charge in ten years.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

USA
                          United States
                          Member #1849
                          July 15, 2003
                          265 Posts
                          Posted: September 22, 2005, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

See it's funny but it worked today but not for two days prior. Go figure?