Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Legal?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 11 years ago by acronym007.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Out West
United States
Member #22368
September 24, 2005
3 Posts
Posted: September 24, 2005, 2:02 am - IP Logged

I was reading on the Powerball website's FAQ and it said that purchasing tickets over the internet is illegal.

It says,"Any Internet lottery site that purports to sell Powerball tickets, or “shares” of        Powerball tickets to purchasers or to run a “service” for        you, are operating illegally. They are not authorized by the Multi-State        Lottery Association or by any U.S. lottery. There are legal Internet        sales of lottery tickets in some countries, but only within the borders        of that country or by agreement between nations. The United States has        no agreements with any other nation to allow lottery tickets sales across        the national border."

How are these services like Prime Ticket Service?

Thanks 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19816 Posts
    Posted: September 24, 2005, 4:23 am - IP Logged

This issue has been discussed my times, do a search and you'll find the many posts on this issue. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

USA
      United States
      Member #1849
      July 15, 2003
      265 Posts
      Posted: September 24, 2005, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Ok, here is what I know....

BAD

Lottery Universe is a scam - they limit your winnings to 1 million regardless of the jackpot. This company is dumb enough to list their scam on the front page.

th*e lo*tter.com is a scam - they don't buy real tickets, read Todd's post: http://www.lotterypost.com/news/119441.htm?p=2

GOOD

Prime ticket service - buys real tickets

OSA lotto - they have proof of an actual winner from their service but they are more expensive