Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

All Lotteries

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Are we tipping off the Lottery people when we post prediction?

Yes [ 4 ]  [10.26%]
No [ 29 ]  [74.36%]
Somewhat [ 5 ]  [12.82%]
Sometimes [ 1 ]  [2.56%]
Total Valid Votes [ 39 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
LiLSpeedy's avatar - 2714
Decatur, GA
United States
Member #20471
August 18, 2005
2668 Posts
Posted: September 26, 2005, 10:32 am - IP Logged

I often wondered if the lottery people are using our predictions to determine what numbers they will or will not let fall. I know all about probability and statistics, so please don't come at me with that. I want to know your gut feeling.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19830 Posts
    Posted: September 26, 2005, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

Some predictors may believe they are picking winning numbers and lotteries are picking other numbers just to make them look bad, but they are legends in their own minds. The facts are somebody going to win regardless of the numbers drawn and as  the odds suggest there are going to be a lot of losers.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31361 Posts
      Posted: September 27, 2005, 12:46 am - IP Logged

i voted yes - BY MISTAKE

love to nibble those micey feet.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
        Dump Water Florida
        United States
        Member #380
        June 5, 2002
        3104 Posts
        Posted: September 27, 2005, 1:10 am - IP Logged

We're like fleas on the dog, the lottery ignores us unless we make a nuisance of ourselves and force them to take notice.  Their only interest is in hitting their projections. A predictor would have to hit often enough to affect profit to wake the lottery up. 

On the other hand, they do notice how much is wagered on every Pick-3/4 number and take action to cut off play on numbers over subscribed.  So better to ask if the lottery might try to avoid drawing a number with a high incidence of play.  BobP

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: September 27, 2005, 1:39 am - IP Logged

Two items.

First, As far as ping pong balls are concerned, and not computerized ones, There is practically no way to manipulate them in a drawing, which I might add is witnessed by an independent auditor, as the drawing is taking place.

Secondly, Proof of honesty by " The Lottery People ", comes by the way of science.

You can run RNGs over and over again, and compare them with real state drawings and come up with pretty much the same amount of hits.

If after a simulated 1000 drawings of RNGs spit out more wins, than real drawings, then you would definitely know that the lottery people were up to something I'm not aware of. Until then we can be rest assured that the even amount of losses and wins, reflect the chaotic events of real state drawings, and RNGs, respectively.

So since, both the real lottery and RNGs spit out pretty much the same amount of wins and losses, the lottery people are on the up and up.

United States
            Member #16612
            June 2, 2005
            3493 Posts
            Posted: September 27, 2005, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

I don't like to tip anyone in Lotto. I have a small budget.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
              Member #2338
              September 17, 2003
              2063 Posts
              Posted: September 27, 2005, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

If I post numbers they are usually from an RNG like www.random.org. I don't think you are tiping lottery officials off at all. If the numbers look good there is a chance that someone will play them creating multiple winners should they come up. If they were going to rig the lotteries there would be far more 300 million dollar jackpots since they would get a large spike in sales by doing so.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23273 Posts
                Posted: September 28, 2005, 12:07 am - IP Logged

Glad to see this poll, and glad to see that most people answered "no".  After all, I'm not sure what a lottery person could do if they see someone's prediction.  I think the most they could do is to wish the person doesn't win!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

iam713's avatar - techno eye.jpg
                  Jonesboro,Ga
                  United States
                  Member #21753
                  September 14, 2005
                  71 Posts
                  Posted: September 28, 2005, 1:27 am - IP Logged

I'm not sure what RNG means, however I do know that the balls are pick ramdomly by ball sets.  There are certain numbers that comes out each month. And certain numbers that follow each other. There is a computerize system to give them the value of how many times those balls are chosen, that is why there is a certain payout amount on the system. If it pays out too much, then you can rest assure that those ball sets will not be chosen. That is why sometime we are off on our picking of the numbers. As far as the LP is concern they do know about LP, but it does not concern them what we are doing because they have a good program. Once someone breaks that program then you may have a problem. That is why they want to go computerize. So, everybody in LP keep picking until you break the system. I always wonder if someone in LP works for States Lottery that is keeping an watch on website like this. Maybe I am parinoid, but I just have that gut feeling.

"Keep picking until you can't pick no more"

"Where your heart is, so shall it be"Lovies

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23273 Posts
                    Posted: September 28, 2005, 9:31 am - IP Logged

I'm not sure what RNG means, however I do know that the balls are pick ramdomly by ball sets.  There are certain numbers that comes out each month. And certain numbers that follow each other. There is a computerize system to give them the value of how many times those balls are chosen, that is why there is a certain payout amount on the system. If it pays out too much, then you can rest assure that those ball sets will not be chosen. That is why sometime we are off on our picking of the numbers. As far as the LP is concern they do know about LP, but it does not concern them what we are doing because they have a good program. Once someone breaks that program then you may have a problem. That is why they want to go computerize. So, everybody in LP keep picking until you break the system. I always wonder if someone in LP works for States Lottery that is keeping an watch on website like this. Maybe I am parinoid, but I just have that gut feeling.

There is only one person "in LP" -- me -- and I don't work for the lottery.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Jonesboro,Ga
                      United States
                      Member #21753
                      September 14, 2005
                      71 Posts
                      Posted: September 28, 2005, 9:51 am - IP Logged

I am sorry Todd if I said anything wrong. I just thought which such a nice website you had other people working for you. Please forgive me and I wish you all the riches. What is RNG?

Jonesboro,Ga
                        United States
                        Member #21753
                        September 14, 2005
                        71 Posts
                        Posted: September 28, 2005, 9:52 am - IP Logged

I am sorry Todd if I said anything wrong. I just thought with such a nice website you had other people working for you. Please forgive me and I wish you all the riches. What is RNG?

New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #12305
                          March 10, 2005
                          2984 Posts
                          Posted: September 28, 2005, 9:58 am - IP Logged

Key phrase:  Maybe I am parinoid

A reality check every now and then can sometimes help.  Take a look at the MD MM Challenge history.  The lottery people aren't lying awake nights fretting over whether anyone's broken the program.

On the other hand, any gambler who believes the game is fixed would be crazy to continue playing.  And anyone who believes the lotteries are reading the threads and predictions here so's to jimmy the draw results certainly ought to give some thought to whether to post predictions.

My guess is that those lottery folks who read the predictions and threads just do it for a belly-laugh when their lives begin to feel boring.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

Jonesboro,Ga
                            United States
                            Member #21753
                            September 14, 2005
                            71 Posts
                            Posted: September 28, 2005, 10:12 am - IP Logged

Jack, thank you for your opinion. And I just took the poll like everybody else and gave my own opinion. I was not trying to suggest anything about this website. I enjoy this site like everybody else and I hope I can continue to post as long as my health allows me too.  Can you tell me what RNG means?

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                              Magnolia, Delaware
                              United States
                              Member #18795
                              July 20, 2005
                              789 Posts
                              Posted: September 28, 2005, 10:26 am - IP Logged

RNG= Random Number Generator

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up