Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New To The Board - Hi

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 11 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
MonteSS's avatar - white face.jpg
East Tennessee
United States
Member #22802
October 2, 2005
12 Posts
Posted: October 2, 2005, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

I've been ghost surfing for about three months.  I play a LOT of Cash - 5 here in Tennessee.  I've hit four of the five once, normally always get two/three combos.  I think I'm addicted.  Anyways, I really enjoy all the information here and glad to finally see everyone. 

My wife and I were considering spending $500.00 on this upcoming Friday's Cash-5 draw, I just wonder what would happen?  That question has been bugging me for a LONG time.  I'd sure hate to throw away $500.00 bucks, but here's what I done:  A couple weeks ago I used my program (Lotto Buster 2010) and spit out 126 numbers (only bought 21 of them).  When the winning numbers came out the next morning I was absolutely SICK.  HAD I purchased all 126 numbers, we would have WON the jackpot.  It still makes me sick when I think about it. 

I would sure hate to lose $500.00 bucks, but I sure could use the jackpot!  It's a VERY TOUGH decision.  I just feel in my heart that if I spit out 500 numbers - one of them will win?  I got this down to a science (I think). 

HAS ANYONE ever purchased 500+ tickets?  That's my question

Who are you, do I know you, where have you been, why are you calling now?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . No Pity!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19829 Posts
    Posted: October 2, 2005, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

I've done it twice, once as a member of a pool with 10 players including me that contributed $50 to play Ohio Super Lotto and another time for some former co-workers when I went to Indiana to pick up some PowerBall tickets.

In the Super Lotto game I had come close several times to matching 5of6 with $25 worth of tickets so when the jackpot got to $14M my coworkers ask me to come up with 500 lines using my program as I had done before and make out the tickets and they would chip in and help buy them.  I did worst than I had ever done, I matched 3of6 four times.  We all decided never to discuss it again as some of the guys didn't want their wives do know they had wasted $50 on the lottery.

After I retired one of my former co-worker heard I was going to Indiana to pickup some PowerBall tickets and asked if I would mind picking up an extra $500 worth of QPs for a pool he had formed at the shop.  I drove over to Indiana and pick up his tickets and $50 worth of my own picks for myself.  When I got back I couldn't find him to deliver his tickets before the drawings.  I was worried that if I won with my tickets, my co-workers would want to share my winnings since they bought $500 worth of tickets but if they won there was no agreement to include me.  Neither I or they won much so it worked out fine.

I never did either again.  If you do lose your $500, you won't be the first and if you win you won't be the first to spend a lot to win a lot.  Never gamble more than you can afford to lose because there's a good chance you will. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
      Member #12618
      March 18, 2005
      2060 Posts
      Posted: October 2, 2005, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

Good advice RJOh. =)

Dance like no one is watching.

United States
        Member #119
        February 19, 2002
        527 Posts
        Posted: October 2, 2005, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

What software or number selection strategies do you use for the Cash 5, MonteSS?

Litebets27's avatar - power
          Maryland
          United States
          Member #10465
          January 14, 2005
          6065 Posts
          Posted: October 2, 2005, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to the Post, and good luck with that. I agree with Rjoh, if you can afford it, go for it. As long as the two of you are in full agreement with such a bold move and won't miss the money if your venture doesn't turn out the way you plan. Thumbs UpLOL.

litebets

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3104 Posts
            Posted: October 3, 2005, 12:29 am - IP Logged

What you need to do is see how often your lottery software can win.  You want to print out the history of the game and play the software against the history and see if its win was a total fluke or how long you should wait before playing again and if you do decide to, consider 126 lines in 4 draws rather then 500 in 1 draw, if that method has produced a good result in the past.  No matter how you look at it, 500 lines from 500,000 or so is just that, 500 chances to win among 500,000 it isn't good odds unless you have an edge otherwise it's just a hard lesson.  BobP

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: October 3, 2005, 1:51 am - IP Logged

If I were playing Florida's Fantasy Five, the odds are 1 in 376,000. If I played $500.00, my odds of hitting the Jackpot would be 1 in 752.

If you're playing a Game that's 1 in 500,000, a bet of $500.00, the odds of hitting would be 1 in 1000.

What happened to you with a  126 numbers was a fluke. Just like this past May when I played my birthday, month and day....520, in the cash-3 daily game. Sure enough I won $500.00 on my birthday.  A nice birthday present, but it was a fluke as RJOH said.

You, with the 126 numbers was even harder to have hit....a major fluke. 500,000 divided by 126 equals 3,968 to 1, to hit the Jackpot.

I suggest playing 50,000 tickets. The odds will only be a mere 1 in 10 of hitting the Jackpot. Now that's much better odds. LOL

Sorry...I almost forgot, welcome to the LP.Group Hug

Party

Down's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                Riverside, Ca
                United States
                Member #21722
                September 14, 2005
                173 Posts
                Posted: October 3, 2005, 4:16 am - IP Logged

why would you spend $500.00 on one draw? if you can afford it, do it. but thats kinda alot of money.......all you need is one to win. the only time you should spend alot of money on a draw is when the jackpot is more than the odds of winning.

MonteSS's avatar - white face.jpg
                  East Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #22802
                  October 2, 2005
                  12 Posts
                  Posted: October 3, 2005, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

WOW!  Now I know I done the right thing by signing up on this site.  A lot of good information and comments, it really made me think.  No, we don't have an extra $500.00 to throw around, but we could take it out of our savings acct and it really wouldn't hurt too bad if we lost it.

Anyways, tonight's the big drawing and we're fixing to go to the convenience store to buy 25 tickets each.  I sure hope we win.  If we do, I'll make a paypal donation to this site.  Thanks for the advise - I'm addicted to Cash - 5.  I'll eventually win it. 

BTW, I use Lotto Buster 2010 - I used up the free trial and had so many stats stored that I bought it.  I paid $24.95. 

Who are you, do I know you, where have you been, why are you calling now?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . No Pity!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: October 4, 2005, 1:24 am - IP Logged

WOW!  Now I know I done the right thing by signing up on this site.  A lot of good information and comments, it really made me think.  No, we don't have an extra $500.00 to throw around, but we could take it out of our savings acct and it really wouldn't hurt too bad if we lost it.

Anyways, tonight's the big drawing and we're fixing to go to the convenience store to buy 25 tickets each.  I sure hope we win.  If we do, I'll make a paypal donation to this site.  Thanks for the advise - I'm addicted to Cash - 5.  I'll eventually win it. 

BTW, I use Lotto Buster 2010 - I used up the free trial and had so many stats stored that I bought it.  I paid $24.95. 

If you study your state's cash 5, you'll notice that approx. 85% of the time, the lowest number is 10 or below. That's the case here in florida. So I just write a list of 1 to 10, vertically on a sheet of paper, and write what ever method I would use to fill in the remaning four numbers.

So, now I have one less number to contend with, 85% of the time.

When you win, become a platinum member. That will be you're donation. If you don't win, still become a platinum member. LOL.....LOL.......LOL.

United We Spend.......I Mean Stand.........US Flag