Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

question for players with GH wheels?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Sheba2.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #11733
February 22, 2005
52 Posts
Posted: October 2, 2005, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

I have a question for anyone who has the wheels in advantage plus, look at wheel 53119 and 53121, the 53119 wheels 21 numbers in 84 games, does the possible-winning 10 tickets getting 5 winning numbers in your wheel group and below getting 11 winning numbers possibly with getting 4 winning numbers in the wheel group seem like a mistake? look at the wheels above and below on that 3/4  line, no other wheels seem that good for getting the amount of winning tickets with 4 numbers on them. seems high. thanx.

United States
    Member #986
    January 5, 2003
    280 Posts
    Posted: October 3, 2005, 3:12 am - IP Logged

You didn't say pick5 or pick6 but here are the pick5 and I don't see anything like you say.  Maybe I missunderstood.

ID NRS PWR  GAMES  WIN GUARANTEE
      531 19  2      6    Win 3 with 4 Right
      530 19  2      6    Win 3 with 3 Right
      522 19        7    Win 2 with 4 Right
      540 19  3      8    Win 4 with 4 Right
      532 19  1      9    Win 3 with 5 Right
      521 19        11    Win 2 with 3 Right
      531 19  1    15    Win 3 with 4 Right
      520 19        20    Win 2 with 2 Right
      541 19  2    23    Win 4 with 5 Right
      532 19        28    Win 3 with 5 Right
      530 19  1    28    Win 3 with 3 Right
      540 19  2    47    Win 4 with 4 Right
      531 19        66    Win 3 with 4 Right
      530 19      108    Win 3 with 3 Right
      541 19  1    116    Win 4 with 5 Right
      550 19  3    120    Win 5 with 5 Right
      540 19  1    216    Win 4 with 4 Right
      541 19      361    Win 4 with 5 Right
    ID NRS PWR  GAMES  WIN GUARANTEE
    523 21        6    Win 2 with 5 Right
    531 21  2      7    Win 3 with 4 Right
    530 21  2      7    Win 3 with 3 Right
    522 21        9    Win 2 with 4 Right
    540 21  3      9    Win 4 with 4 Right
    532 21  1    12    Win 3 with 5 Right
    521 21        13    Win 2 with 3 Right
    531 21  1    18    Win 3 with 4 Right
    520 21        21    Win 2 with 2 Right
    541 21  2    29    Win 4 with 5 Right
    530 21  1    36    Win 3 with 3 Right
    532 21        37    Win 3 with 5 Right
    540 21  2    58    Win 4 with 4 Right
    531 21        84    Win 3 with 4 Right
    530 21      151    Win 3 with 3 Right
    550 21  3    153    Win 5 with 5 Right
    541 21  1    164    Win 4 with 5 Right
    540 21  1    319    Win 4 with 4 Right
    541 21      588    Win 4 with 5 Right

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3102 Posts
      Posted: October 4, 2005, 1:37 am - IP Logged

I have a question for anyone who has the wheels in advantage plus, look at wheel 53119 and 53121, the 53119 wheels 21 numbers in 84 games, does the possible-winning 10 tickets getting 5 winning numbers in your wheel group and below getting 11 winning numbers possibly with getting 4 winning numbers in the wheel group seem like a mistake? look at the wheels above and below on that 3/4  line, no other wheels seem that good for getting the amount of winning tickets with 4 numbers on them. seems high. thanx.

The F9 wheel information you're looking at is meaningless without the odds of occurrence.  Every wheel has a guarantee, some more then one, then there is what's possible from the likely to the most wild outcome that could come down the pike.  Now with 66 tickets played compared to 6 in your second wheel, there is a lot that could happen depending on how things fall, but you can't count on it.

This is why a wheel tester like CoverMaster is good to have and to learn.  You can load this wheel with it's placeholder/pointer numbers, save it as a txt file and drop it into CoverMaster and find out how many prizes are possible and their odds.  You can find a copy of CoverMaster here . . .  unzip the archive to a directory and click on the exe to run, can even be run from within the zip though you can't save your work or use all the features. 

http://www.lotto-logix.com/wheellinks.html 

Anyone else having trouble running GH on WinXP Pro?  If I don't run it in a little window I have to reboot to escape.  GH support told me how to make the window bigger with the upper left control, but that doesn't work.  Playing with the Pif hasn't helped either. Ideas?  BobP

United States
        Member #986
        January 5, 2003
        280 Posts
        Posted: October 4, 2005, 4:21 am - IP Logged

If you change the properties to full screen it does go full screen but the resolution isn't to my liking.  Using Windows XP with a 19" monitor maybe a smaller monitor would be more appealing, don't know. 

If you can figure out how to change resolution size in full screen let me know.

United States
          Member #11733
          February 22, 2005
          52 Posts
          Posted: October 4, 2005, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

i got a e-mail response from the GH tech Dept. he said that the maximum possibility is correct on the wheels i described above. not power wheels on this one. i do have the luxury of getting to play with other people's money so maybe one day. I live in Mass, anyone ever play the Mass Cash, that seems like a great game to cover half of the numbers.

Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3102 Posts
            Posted: October 5, 2005, 12:53 am - IP Logged

It works like this. When you examine the wheel, you will find it made up of multiple smaller sets of numbers played off against each other.  Say the set 01-02-03 appears most often = ten times and 04-07-12 appears only once.  If the winning draw contains the first set you have the maximum 3# win possibility of 10, but if the second set appears you can win only once, hence the spread of possible wins up to 10, but some inbetween set is most likely.  It helps to know the real odds when you choose a wheel to play as there is much more then they tell you. BobP

lottoshlep's avatar - super 7-top-over.jpg
              BC
              Canada
              Member #2120
              August 19, 2003
              258 Posts
              Posted: October 5, 2005, 2:58 am - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by BobP on October 4, 2005

Anyone else having trouble running GH on WinXP Pro?  If I don't run it in a little window I have to reboot to escape.  GH support told me how to make the window bigger with the upper left control, but that doesn't work.  Playing with the Pif hasn't helped either. Ideas?  BobP

Mine runs ok on XP Pro but I'm not sure if I'm clear on your Q.

Is it the Esc button that won't give you Stop Program (Y/N) option? If so, try ALT+X to quit from the Main GH window.

If you're asking how to get a full window display, try this: right click GH icon/select Properties/Screen/Usage/Full Window.

If you just want to make the window larger (not full screen) then try Properties/Screen/Font, then select the font size you need.

Cheers

if at first you don't succeed ... destroy all evidence you ever tried  Cool 

Dump Water Florida
                United States
                Member #380
                June 5, 2002
                3102 Posts
                Posted: October 6, 2005, 3:34 am - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by BobP on October 4, 2005

Mine runs ok on XP Pro but I'm not sure if I'm clear on your Q.

Is it the Esc button that won't give you Stop Program (Y/N) option? If so, try ALT+X to quit from the Main GH window.

If you're asking how to get a full window display, try this: right click GH icon/select Properties/Screen/Usage/Full Window.

If you just want to make the window larger (not full screen) then try Properties/Screen/Font, then select the font size you need.

Cheers

The upper left control box properties allows the screen box size to be adjusted, but when I do the box appears then shrinks back to the small GH window no matter what the screen setting.  I tried once messing with the fonts and everything got big and I considered myself lucky just to recover to normal. 

When I have the pif set to window I have a small hard to view window, but everything works normal and leaving is as simple as clicking Esc and Y.

When I have the pif set to full screen, everything is normal as it was on Win98se until I click Esc and Y.  At this point the screen goes black as if we dropped to dos only there is no prompt and nothing works except to reboot.  Alt-X also drops me to the black screen.  I ran the latest GJ patch again, no difference.  BobP

BC
                  Canada
                  Member #2120
                  August 19, 2003
                  258 Posts
                  Posted: October 6, 2005, 11:48 am - IP Logged

Hmm ... peculiar ... I haven't exprienced that, but rather than guessing what the prob is I'll ask around and see if anyone else has seen that and if they have a fix.

I'm assuming you have the latest release, v 3.55 ..

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #22395
                    September 24, 2005
                    1583 Posts
                    Posted: October 6, 2005, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

I don't have either the program or XP.  However, what you are describing is that the program is a DOS program.  For Windows 98, to toggle full screen, you would press ALT ENTER.  Does that work for XP?

So if you open it up to a normal window and then try alt enter does it work to make it full screen?  Then when you want to shut down, toggle alt enter again to go back to the normal window first, then attempt ESC.

I would suspect part of the problem might be the program doesn't like the resolution. 

United States
                      Member #11733
                      February 22, 2005
                      52 Posts
                      Posted: October 6, 2005, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

figures no sooner than i complain that quik piks never win for our pool, we got the first 4 out of 5 numbers. what a bummer that 100 dollars for 4 and 200,000 for getting 5 #'s. oh well i still love the challenge of using the wheel, and will never give up.

Dump Water Florida
                        United States
                        Member #380
                        June 5, 2002
                        3102 Posts
                        Posted: October 7, 2005, 2:20 am - IP Logged

I don't have either the program or XP.  However, what you are describing is that the program is a DOS program.  For Windows 98, to toggle full screen, you would press ALT ENTER.  Does that work for XP?

So if you open it up to a normal window and then try alt enter does it work to make it full screen?  Then when you want to shut down, toggle alt enter again to go back to the normal window first, then attempt ESC.

I would suspect part of the problem might be the program doesn't like the resolution. 

Same monitor and 800x600 screen size I was running GH 3.55 without problem with Win98.

The Alt-Enter does enlarge the window to full screen, but once full screen Alt-Enter toggles between full screen and black screen, not back to window.  The only escape from there is the Esc-Y and that goes to black screen from which I can only reboot.

BobP

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #22395
                          September 24, 2005
                          1583 Posts
                          Posted: October 7, 2005, 3:03 am - IP Logged

BobP
                          Strange. 

To review...These are the modes for the DOS window:  Minimize, Normal, Maximize and Full Screen.  In addition, by adjusting Fonts, the Normal Window size will vary.

If you click upper left corner and choose Properties and then where it says Run, you choose Maximize, does that make it work?

Can't you use CTRL ALT DEL to stop it rather than rebooting?

Also another thing to try is CTRL Break (which on my keyboard is the Pause/Break key) to see if that gets you out without rebooting.

Dump Water Florida
                            United States
                            Member #380
                            June 5, 2002
                            3102 Posts
                            Posted: October 10, 2005, 1:22 am - IP Logged

BobP
                            Strange. 

To review...These are the modes for the DOS window:  Minimize, Normal, Maximize and Full Screen.  In addition, by adjusting Fonts, the Normal Window size will vary.

If you click upper left corner and choose Properties and then where it says Run, you choose Maximize, does that make it work?

Can't you use CTRL ALT DEL to stop it rather than rebooting?

Also another thing to try is CTRL Break (which on my keyboard is the Pause/Break key) to see if that gets you out without rebooting.

When I click Maximize on either the upper left or right the window moves position, but does not change size.

CTRL ALT Del does nothing once I'm in black screen, doing it twice does not shut down the system.

CTRL Break also drops me from full screen to black screen, from there I can only reboot.  I tried an old dos word processor, same problem.  It says dropping to dos and then black screen instead with no dos prompt.  Thanks BobP

BC
                              Canada
                              Member #2120
                              August 19, 2003
                              258 Posts
                              Posted: October 10, 2005, 3:45 am - IP Logged

Just a thought ... could try Windoze Program Compatibility Wizard from XP help.  Pick out Gail.exe from a list and run through the test options the Wiz gives you ... you can compare present settings to the ones which worked on Win98.