Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Straights...what is their rate of return?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 11 years ago by johnph77.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
Stone Mountain*Georgia
United States
Member #828
November 2, 2002
10491 Posts
Posted: October 7, 2005, 10:11 am - IP Logged

Looking at the return rates for singles or 6way numbers first.

When 321 hits ...... what are the odds he will return in a year as that straight?

Well..... off the top of my head it would be a........  1 in 6  chance or 16.66 %

conclusion

You have a 83.34 % better chance at hitting a straight if you don't play the same order again.... back to back. 

$

Looking at the doubles return rate.

What is the chance a double will return in the same order?

Well..... the odds are 1 in 3 for a double or 33.3 % 

conclusion..

You have a 67 % better chance of hitting a double straight if you don't play it the same order again.

Question ?

Is it just me ?...or does it seem doubles just don't play this. It seems there is a direct connection as to how much I bet on a particular double and the odds of a straight order return.Dunk LOL  

" Pickles and Doubles....we just have to learn ta love em' "

Andy of Mayberry   

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Trenton, Georgia
    United States
    Member #12387
    March 12, 2005
    93 Posts
    Posted: October 7, 2005, 10:42 am - IP Logged

Most of the time...........when I am doing my work-outs, I go to the web-site(Georgia's/Tn's) and search a number and see how many times it has fell in all 6 ways. That helps me decide the order to play the number. Another thing I do is Vtrac positioning. I keep a record of every number and and their Vtracs and how they are falling. It has changed my picks and helped win alot more straights than I was with-out it. Maybe this will help others too.

johnph77's avatar - avatar
      CA
      United States
      Member #2987
      December 10, 2003
      832 Posts
      Posted: October 8, 2005, 12:47 am - IP Logged

WIN D -

Payout percentage on GA straight Pick 3 is 50%. Payout percentage on Straight/Box is 49% - and I need to mod the page with the actual payouts - it should have been done when I last modded the game last Feb.

Your odds for a payout on rearranged numbers (83.33%, to be exact) only apply if you play all of those five combinations. Otherwise they'll be the same as the original combination. Same principle applies with doubles.

gl

j

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=