Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what would you do?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 11 years ago by MonteSS.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
lady bren's avatar - yocco
los angeles california
United States
Member #22987
October 6, 2005
340 Posts
Posted: October 8, 2005, 6:53 am - IP Logged

if you won  millions of  $$$$$$$$$$$$  what would be the first thing you would  do with the money?

1.  disconnect my phone, dont know long lost relative. lol

2.  take a long vaction[ overdue]

3    move out of lA.  in a bigger house.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    PA
    United States
    Member #22983
    October 6, 2005
    2226 Posts
    Posted: October 8, 2005, 7:57 am - IP Logged

I may faint briefly, then after waking up I would most likely check the ticket 1,000 times just to be sure. I would try my hardest to not tell that many people, although I know it would be very difficult, and I would be like a volcano ready to erupt. I would then most likely be worried about the piece of paper that I have which is now worth 200 million. No way is it leaving my house! I just would not be able to sleep knowing it is in a safety deposit box, even if it is technically safer overall.

I may scream, and I may jump up and down exuberantly. I would begin making photo copies, as well as other types of copies. I would then do all of this. http://www.note.com/note/pp/jackpot.html  :) I am sure it would be a long 4-6 weeks waiting for my first payment, but well worth the wait. By that time I would have the majority of all my plans already in progress, and ready to bring to fruition once the check came.

Sparta, NJ
      United States
      Member #18331
      July 9, 2005
      1977 Posts
      Posted: October 8, 2005, 8:16 am - IP Logged

I have a word file that I started about the time I started dreaming. A lot of what is on that list is initially based on what I have seen on this very web site. I often update it when I see a good idea here. I do a lot of research on the web.

Get a lawyer, hum, what kind, to do what? I will need a place to hide out, where, under what name, how will I pay? I will need a new cell phone, how do I get one that can't come back to me? What clothes will I need? What to do with the pets. Do I have a list of contacts to take with me; can't haul my desktop around? How will I get from point A to point B? Who do I think I can trust? Who is important in my life this very moment, who will be important tomorrow? Do I have medication available? What about the children (must protect them first)? Have to secure my current house. Have to warn friendly neighbors of what is about to happen to their lives. Have to contact police. How do I start the banks, financial investment process, and new lifestyle? Can't just BOA and say: Hi, I won a lotta money, lets talk. You have no money, and won't for several weeks.

I consider myself a mature, rationale, and calculating person. However, when a multi-million dollars drops into my lap, I am sure rationale, mature, and calculating goes out the window. The heart rate goes up. The logic takes a dump. If I can forget what I need standing in the middle of a supermarket, I can imagine how useful the memory will be when I win. GOTTA HAVE A STARTUP LIST!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

lady bren's avatar - yocco
        los angeles california
        United States
        Member #22987
        October 6, 2005
        340 Posts
        Posted: October 8, 2005, 8:28 am - IP Logged

I have a word file that I started about the time I started dreaming. A lot of what is on that list is initially based on what I have seen on this very web site. I often update it when I see a good idea here. I do a lot of research on the web.

Get a lawyer, hum, what kind, to do what? I will need a place to hide out, where, under what name, how will I pay? I will need a new cell phone, how do I get one that can't come back to me? What clothes will I need? What to do with the pets. Do I have a list of contacts to take with me; can't haul my desktop around? How will I get from point A to point B? Who do I think I can trust? Who is important in my life this very moment, who will be important tomorrow? Do I have medication available? What about the children (must protect them first)? Have to secure my current house. Have to warn friendly neighbors of what is about to happen to their lives. Have to contact police. How do I start the banks, financial investment process, and new lifestyle? Can't just BOA and say: Hi, I won a lotta money, lets talk. You have no money, and won't for several weeks.

I consider myself a mature, rationale, and calculating person. However, when a multi-million dollars drops into my lap, I am sure rationale, mature, and calculating goes out the window. The heart rate goes up. The logic takes a dump. If I can forget what I need standing in the middle of a supermarket, I can imagine how useful the memory will be when I win. GOTTA HAVE A STARTUP LIST!

very intelligent answers, all you guy's are ready, on your way to win millions, i pridicted that.

United States
          Member #23135
          October 8, 2005
          8 Posts
          Posted: October 8, 2005, 11:24 am - IP Logged

I would take the ticket to the bank, say "Give me a loan, and help me out".

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            PA
            United States
            Member #22983
            October 6, 2005
            2226 Posts
            Posted: October 8, 2005, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

Maybe I would just buy the bank, problem solved...Smiley

Debzo's avatar - disney29

United States
              Member #4822
              May 26, 2004
              62 Posts
              Posted: October 8, 2005, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

I would probably be in shock so bad  that I wouldn't be able to do anything for awhile    lol      LOL

Follow your dreamsCoffee

Down's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                Riverside, Ca
                United States
                Member #21722
                September 14, 2005
                173 Posts
                Posted: October 8, 2005, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

i would di number 1 but not claim the ticket for about 2-3 weeks

Sparta, NJ
                  United States
                  Member #18331
                  July 9, 2005
                  1977 Posts
                  Posted: October 8, 2005, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

i would di number 1 but not claim the ticket for about 2-3 weeks

Why not claim it? It is yours. Until it is claimed, the state banks the interest. Why not put that interest in your account?  The verification process can't start until you turn in the ticket. The longer you wait, the longer it takes to improve your lifestyle - and, if you have children, until they can benefit.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

MonteSS's avatar - white face.jpg
                    East Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #22802
                    October 2, 2005
                    12 Posts
                    Posted: October 9, 2005, 8:36 am - IP Logged

I would definitely forget those long lost relatives who haven't made contact with me in years and years. No Pity!

Then I would follow the official rules of "jackpot winners" mentioned in Sirbrad's reply.    I wouldn't leave my home state like many of you said, I would stick around here and live the life.  Thumbs Up  I would also take my wife on a complete "round the world" vacation for about 45 days....spending money like it was going out of style.

Who are you, do I know you, where have you been, why are you calling now?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . No Pity!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .