Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:47 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

pb at 240 or 117 cash

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 11 years ago by twisted.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
Member #2338
September 17, 2003
2063 Posts
Posted: October 9, 2005, 12:21 am - IP Logged

looks like a run.

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
    Magnolia, Delaware
    United States
    Member #18795
    July 20, 2005
    789 Posts
    Posted: October 9, 2005, 12:23 am - IP Logged

Yes, About Time...... Wooooooo Hoooooo

Cheers  Party

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

twisted's avatar - underground
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #2376
      September 25, 2003
      582 Posts
      Posted: October 9, 2005, 12:23 am - IP Logged

The re-estimated jackpot was $210.5 million. Still they are only estimating the next jackpot to be worth $240 million?? Even with the backloaded/inflated annuity?

I just dont understand whats going on here.  Mega Millions is rolling $12 million with a better annuity (and only 26 equal annual payments) at such a low level.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
        Member #2338
        September 17, 2003
        2063 Posts
        Posted: October 9, 2005, 12:25 am - IP Logged

Well it's the cash prize you now have to pay attention to. I'm wondering if it can roll to 300 if no one hits it on Wendsday.

United States
          Member #16612
          June 2, 2005
          3493 Posts
          Posted: October 9, 2005, 12:33 am - IP Logged

I hope PB keeps running and rolling and surpasses the North American jackpot record of 363 million and then one ticket wins the jackpot. What do you think about my message dvdiva? Do you think that PB keeps rolling and surpasses the North American jackpot record of 363 million [Annunity] or do you think someone will win next draw?

New Jersey
            United States
            Member #2376
            September 25, 2003
            582 Posts
            Posted: October 9, 2005, 12:35 am - IP Logged

Even if it surpasses $363 million, in my book it still wont break the record until the cash value reaches the cash value of MM when it was $363 million.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
              Member #2338
              September 17, 2003
              2063 Posts
              Posted: October 9, 2005, 12:39 am - IP Logged

Hard to say. Depends if sales take off or not. Also it depends on the cap kicking in. I would think it would be far more possible of beating Jack's record at 170 cash. Which would push it close to 363. Also depends on the cap rule which has never been hit before. The cap hits at 339.9 million and prevents rolls of higher than 25 million after that. But to see it in real life would mean that Powerball would actually have to break  300+ million which it hasn't done since 2002.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                Member #2338
                September 17, 2003
                2063 Posts
                Posted: October 9, 2005, 1:02 am - IP Logged

Even if it surpasses $363 million, in my book it still wont break the record until the cash value reaches the cash value of MM when it was $363 million.

I looked it up on cnn and the cash value when the big game was at 350 million was 114 or when it hit an estimated 366 (later finalized at 363) the cash prize was 173.1 million. So only a 3.1 million cash difference between what Jack won and the record jackpot as far as the cash prizes are concerned.

Morrison, IL
                  United States
                  Member #4657
                  May 13, 2004
                  1884 Posts
                  Posted: October 9, 2005, 1:21 am - IP Logged

Geez, the cash prize was less than 50% of the annuity then!!?

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                    Member #2338
                    September 17, 2003
                    2063 Posts
                    Posted: October 9, 2005, 1:40 am - IP Logged

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/05/10/big.game.01/

Looks like a roll reversal. The Big Game had a poor cash to annuity then and PB does now. 

Jake649's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

Canada
                      Member #2673
                      November 2, 2003
                      497 Posts
                      Posted: October 9, 2005, 10:50 am - IP Logged

The re-estimated jackpot was $210.5 million. Still they are only estimating the next jackpot to be worth $240 million?? Even with the backloaded/inflated annuity?

I just dont understand whats going on here.  Mega Millions is rolling $12 million with a better annuity (and only 26 equal annual payments) at such a low level.

Where can I find the re-estimated jackpot and cash amount posted on an official web site?

Thanks,

Jake

Morrison, IL
                        United States
                        Member #4657
                        May 13, 2004
                        1884 Posts
                        Posted: October 9, 2005, 11:50 am - IP Logged

I looked it up on cnn and the cash value when the big game was at 350 million was 114 or when it hit an estimated 366 (later finalized at 363) the cash prize was 173.1 million. So only a 3.1 million cash difference between what Jack won and the record jackpot as far as the cash prizes are concerned.

Actually, according to this page, the cash option value of the record jackpot was $180 million (one winner received $90 million before taxes, and there were two winners of that jackpot).

In order for Powerball to break that record on this run, it would have to roll at three or four more times (depending on how the cap rule works).

New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #2376
                          September 25, 2003
                          582 Posts
                          Posted: October 9, 2005, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

I just dont understand whats going on here. Mega Millions is rolling $12 million with a better annuity (and only 26 equal annual payments) at such a low level.

Where can I find the re-estimated jackpot and cash amount posted on an official web site?

Thanks,

Jake

I just check the video of the drawings at http://www.musl.com/videos_pb.asp where they announce the annuity jackpot amount (usually a little higher) before picking the numbers.