Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Proving a system works

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 11 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
JAP69's avatar - alas
South Carolina
United States
Member #6
November 4, 2001
8790 Posts
Posted: October 9, 2005, 10:45 am - IP Logged

I have seen a lot of discussion over the years when people post a system to prove that it works.
When a system is posted using paper and pencil workout that requires the mental thought of the user can not be proven to work for everyone.

When a thought process is used for proof that only proves the ability of the user of the system. Someone else may use the system and come up with different results.

For a system to be proven in the lottery it must be 100% automated in a software system.

Just my opinion

WHATT

mglsr's avatar - candle
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #2369
    September 23, 2003
    3072 Posts
    Posted: October 9, 2005, 10:51 am - IP Logged

100 % correct JAP 69

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
      Beautiful Florida
      United States
      Member #5709
      July 18, 2004
      20101 Posts
      Posted: October 9, 2005, 11:10 am - IP Logged

I have seen a lot of discussion over the years when people post a system to prove that it works.
      When a system is posted using paper and pencil workout that requires the mental thought of the user can not be proven to work for everyone.

When a thought process is used for proof that only proves the ability of the user of the system. Someone else may use the system and come up with different results.

For a system to be proven in the lottery it must be 100% automated in a software system.

Just my opinion

you're absolutely correct JP. The thought process has a lot of variables and intangibles and not everyone thinks along the same line, hence different results attained from the same system. The only way it ever will be proven is to have it in a software system, or other than that it would just pure luck, even if it is calculated on one's part...!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

United States
        Member #637
        August 28, 2002
        80 Posts
        Posted: October 9, 2005, 11:45 am - IP Logged

Shades of EINSTEIN.

Debzo's avatar - disney29

United States
          Member #4822
          May 26, 2004
          62 Posts
          Posted: October 9, 2005, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

Just my opinion

Very interesting,  good post    I Agree!

Follow your dreamsCoffee

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
            Charlotte NC
            United States
            Member #17406
            June 18, 2005
            4053 Posts
            Posted: October 9, 2005, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

takeemtothebank

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19815 Posts
              Posted: October 9, 2005, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Now all that has to happen is for some to post a winning system and the software that makes it work.  Good luck.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
                Member #12618
                March 18, 2005
                2060 Posts
                Posted: October 9, 2005, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

Now all that has to happen is for some to post a winning system and the software that makes it work.  Good luck.

I wonder if that will ever happen though. It seems some systems work with some people or some games and not others. I don't think there will ever be a system that works all the time for all people.

Dance like no one is watching.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                  Tx
                  United States
                  Member #4570
                  May 4, 2004
                  5180 Posts
                  Posted: October 9, 2005, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Jap69

Yes, you are right.

There is the make-up and or mechanical details of the game and it's past winning draws.

From those, we get the working details and random statistics of the game and prediction comes from their proper application.

The key is in understanding random as it applies to the particular game and knowing and understanding it's many statistics.

At least I think so, but might be wrong.

Fernando, beginning student of lottery randomness or minor adept.

The very many faces of "Random Statistics", the key to lottery prediction.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Charlotte NC
                    United States
                    Member #17406
                    June 18, 2005
                    4053 Posts
                    Posted: October 9, 2005, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

TypeI think the repeat of the same number will throw any system off.  Especially if the repeats are often.

But the past draws are the key to the hits, regardless of the randomness and you don't need computer software for that, just a good record system to see the patterns as they happen and refer back when it happened before.

You will need software to prove that is works but not for it to work. 

takeemtothebank

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                      Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: October 9, 2005, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

Randomness is exactly just that randomness and nothing else and from it is where the patterns come from, the patterns come from randomness, the patterns of the past winning numbers.

I am looking at Charmed, a very nice TV program.

But there is nothing like the "Magic" of the mind.

Randomness creates winning numbers and their patterns.

Randomness is so missunderstood, same as filters.

Good luck.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Charlotte NC
                        United States
                        Member #17406
                        June 18, 2005
                        4053 Posts
                        Posted: October 9, 2005, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

CrazyThe Randomness of the Randomness! Oogle

I'm not trying to understand Randomness!

Thinking of...

It doesn't matter!Pumpkin

It's only what we think it is. 

takeemtothebank

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19815 Posts
                          Posted: October 9, 2005, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

I wonder if that will ever happen though. It seems some systems work with some people or some games and not others. I don't think there will ever be a system that works all the time for all people.

No because most lottery software work like a RNG, player using the same data get different results.  If enough players get different results one of them may get lucky.  If software gave the same results to all its users then a winning player using it would be sharing his winnings with every other player that used it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

New Mexico
                            United States
                            Member #12305
                            March 10, 2005
                            2984 Posts
                            Posted: October 9, 2005, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

Depends on what the system's intended to do, it seems to me, and who the intended provee is, and why.

If a person's trying to defend himself in a criminal court for selling a system he claims works, he's going to have to be proven guilty of whatever they're charging him with beyond a reasonable doubt, which means the system has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt not to work.

If the person's being sued for misrepresenting a system as 'working', when it doesn't, it requires a preponderance of evidence that he's selling a system that doesn't work, which means there needs to be a preponderance of evidence the system doesn't work.

But if a person's merely attempting to prove a system works to other people on Lottery Post it's an entirely subjective matter, entirely in the eyes of the beholder.

If someone has a pick 3 system and wants to convince others it works the system probably needs to do the work of convincing of its own accord.  Numbers posted before the draws, those numbers hitting when and where the person with the system predicted they would.

On a major jackpot system if it wins occasionally, if it succeeds in predicting a draw once a year the person who has it will probably feel it's proven itself sufficiently, and there'd be no shortage of people willing to accept that level of proof.  In fact, if a bona fide jackpot winner announced on LP that he/she used a system to win it, I'd guess LP members would be beating the door down to get a copy of the system, automated, or by hand, and they'd consider it proven.

Not beyond a reasonable doubt by any standard.  (There's always luck).  Not even a preponderance of evidence.  But enough so the person would be getting 20,000 emails and PMs begging for more information and generally making life complicated for the person who had the 'unproven' system.

But why would a person with such a system want to subject himself/herself to such a thing?  Should such a system exist, it's difficult to imagine why anyone would anounce they had it.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                              Magnolia, Delaware
                              United States
                              Member #18795
                              July 20, 2005
                              789 Posts
                              Posted: October 9, 2005, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up