Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio players - Lot'O Play

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Lucky's avatar - hiro horse.jpg
Ohio
United States
Member #20
December 20, 2000
56973 Posts
Posted: October 11, 2005, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

I went to buy the new Lot'O Play today and since I bought the 100th ticket of the day, I won $10.00...This was a surprise to me and the clerk at the store too...It was the first time it had happened to her and she didn't know what to do...maybe this game will turn out to be a winner for all of us....good luck and hope you are the 100th person!    I guess it was something new they have added to the lotto machine because when it happened, it started to play "you're in the money" song...and both of us got a big laugh at it.  She thought it was my cell phone and I thought it was hers...everybody in the store was singing "you're in the money" and clapping their hands.  I felt like I had won a million dollars...Does anyone know if this is a promotional thing for the new game or will it be given to every 100 ticket purchaser?

ohiopick3's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
    Ohio
    United States
    Member #3023
    December 14, 2003
    4166 Posts
    Posted: October 11, 2005, 8:30 pm - IP Logged
    Lucky:

I bought 2 seperate tickets today as well. Mine was written as "No Instant Win, Try Again." 
    But, I do believe that this will be part of the game and not a promotional thing.
    I am just wondering if this will be a computerized game of not?
    In order to have the odds as they have it for a jacpot win, 1 in 6,273,960 it could be computerized. 
    It is hard to believe that 100 balls will be in a hopper and only 5 drawn for a jackpot win?
    We will see tomorrow on that one!

ohiopick3's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
      Ohio
      United States
      Member #3023
      December 14, 2003
      4166 Posts
      Posted: October 12, 2005, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

Well, we found out a few things on this new "Lot' O Play" drawing for Ohio.

1. The jackpot does not increase very much. It only increased by the minimum of $100,000.

2. The numbers are drawn from a hopper and not a computerized drawing.

3. The jackpot will be divided by the number of 5 of 5 winners?
          Not giving much out for a $2 wager if multiple winners.

4. The Rolling Cash Five "rolls over" better for the odds of winning a jackpot.

5. It seems like this game is targeted to attract the lower prize payouts?

I am not sure if I personally care for this game as of yet.

I bought 4 tickets and won $2 on two of the tickets.
      Which means I lost $4 playing this game.

For the first drawing they only payed out about $384,000. Which is not much for a new game?

Good luck to all with this new Ohio "Lot' O Play".

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: October 22, 2005, 11:39 am - IP Logged

pick3:

Lo'P paid out less in the second draw with a sharp drop for the third game. Methinks cash option winners will get a raw deal since the cash value is exactly 50% of the annuity.

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: October 27, 2005, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

The payout for the fifth draw was the lowest yet with just over $275,000. Second prize is $1000, so there is no prize level (eg 4+1) that is won in some drawings that makes the payouts fluctuate.

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: October 30, 2005, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

The third Saturday LoP resulted in the smallest payout for that night of the week. Does Ohio have another game lined up?

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: November 6, 2005, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

The fourth Saturday LoP payout was just over $300,000, another record low for that night of the week. Has OH given up on partnering with Michigan?

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
                Atlantic Mine, Michigan
                United States
                Member #416
                June 23, 2002
                1614 Posts
                Posted: November 11, 2005, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

The $10 prize is a fixture of the game.  Every 100th ticket that the computer system spits out you win $10.  It seems like a fun concept.

Michigan's state jackpot game is doing horribly also.  They should team up together.  Michigan's Classic Lotto 47 has been won only twice since its inception in May.  Once for 1.1 million and once from 6.3 million I believe.  The current jackpot is 6 million.

Brad

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: November 28, 2005, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

The $10 prize is a fixture of the game.  Every 100th ticket that the computer system spits out you win $10.  It seems like a fun concept.

Michigan's state jackpot game is doing horribly also.  They should team up together.  Michigan's Classic Lotto 47 has been won only twice since its inception in May.  Once for 1.1 million and once from 6.3 million I believe.  The current jackpot is 6 million.

Brad

I hope MI and OH are still considering a joint jackpot game. Sure there are hurdles to overcome in putting such a game together, but it probably would be worth it.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19831 Posts
                    Posted: November 28, 2005, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

Brad

I hope MI and OH are still considering a joint jackpot game. Sure there are hurdles to overcome in putting such a game together, but it probably would be worth it.

Where did you come up with information that MI and OH were considering a joint jackpot game?  They both share MegaMillions which caused a 20% drop in MI's BigGame sales when OH joined the MegaMillions group.  Unless both are willing to support a game like SuperLotto with jackpots of $4-$20 millions and similar odds, I don't think a new game would attract enough players to be successful, it's hard to sell a game that cost more and has smaller payouts as an improvement over existing games which seems to be the trend in both States right now. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #379
                      June 5, 2002
                      11296 Posts
                      Posted: November 28, 2005, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Brad

Where did you come up with information that MI and OH were considering a joint jackpot game?  They both share MegaMillions which caused a 20% drop in MI's BigGame sales when OH joined the MegaMillions group.  Unless both are willing to support a game like SuperLotto with jackpots of $4-$20 millions and similar odds, I don't think a new game would attract enough players to be successful, it's hard to sell a game that cost more and has smaller payouts as an improvement over existing games which seems to be the trend in both States right now. 

rj:

It was an OH Lottery survey.