Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

REQUIRED Reading !!

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #21574
September 11, 2005
138 Posts
Posted: October 16, 2005, 1:03 am - IP Logged

At these levels....

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/061/chapter871/chap871toc.html

Of particular interest is 871.22(1)(A)  ....."When the Powerball jackpot is projected to reach a new high annuitized level...."

Not exactly current (post 8-28-05)

Annuities are for Lovers.....Lumps are for LOSERS !!!

Sparta, NJ
    United States
    Member #18331
    July 9, 2005
    1977 Posts
    Posted: October 16, 2005, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

The difference between $200M cash and $300M cash cannot be comprehended by the normal person. Its just a lot of money. How much happier would a Trillion dollars make me then a Billion dollars? All I need to know is that if I can't afford to accomplish the dream, there is a flaw in the dream. Anything over a couple of million will only make people around me happy; I would already have achieved the dream.  I'll let the lawyers read the fine print.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Louisville, KY
      United States
      Member #15734
      May 20, 2005
      203 Posts
      Posted: October 16, 2005, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

Hmmm..... Look at this (shortened for simplification)...

§ 871.17.  Purchase and prize restrictions.

(d)  A Lottery retailer authorized to sell lottery tickets for on-line games, or an employee of a retailer may not request, demand or accept gratuities or additional compensation from any person, or agent thereof, in exchange for the purchase of Powerball lottery tickets.  A Lottery retailer authorized to sell lottery tickets for on-line games may not enter into any special agreement with a person, group of persons or agent thereof, for the purchase of over $500 of Powerball lottery tickets for any one drawing. A retailer shall immediately report to the Lottery an attempt made by a person, or group of persons or an agent thereof, to purchase more than 50% of the number combinations for Powerball for any one drawing. A retailer shall obtain the name and address of any person purchasing more than $5,000 in Powerball lottery tickets for any one drawing and report the information to the Lottery before the sale. A person may not purchase a ticket or combination of tickets and a lottery retailer may not directly or knowingly sell a ticket or combination of tickets to any person which would guarantee the purchaser a grand prize win.

I guess this means in PA it's illegal to buy every combo, or more than $500 in tickets at any one time.

Wonder what the "special agreement" is that retailers may not enter into.

Sparta, NJ
        United States
        Member #18331
        July 9, 2005
        1977 Posts
        Posted: October 16, 2005, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

Wonder what the "special agreement" is that retailers may not enter into.

Probably, something like, they can't buy a machine and use it to sell on-line tickets. 

I would think, 500 people could buy 4999 non-powerplay tickets each, and that would be legal. When the police check the drivers license, it would help if they were not related. Of course, we are dealing with Pennsylvania and not Arkansas, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice