Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Buying tickets online

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 11 years ago by hein007.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Herkingen
Netherlands
Member #24059
October 19, 2005
2 Posts
Posted: October 19, 2005, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

Hello everybody,

Here a member from Holland. My question is what and where is the best way to buy lottery-tickets online.

From *******.com you get an email and the real tickets at home, but the downside is a am not going to collect small prices (to fly for $1, $ 2 or even $ 100-200 is not really an option). And do i get thereal tickets?

From betslips.com you get an email and not the real tickets (so say i won the jackpot, and a bloke half way round the world is holding my ticket, when i was that bloke i would be very, very tempted to keep the money for myself. But onbehalf small prices are credited on your account.

Can anyone advise me please, what to do.

Greetings,

Hein

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23277 Posts
    Posted: October 19, 2005, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Hein,

It is illegal to mail lottery tickets, so if you ordered from a web site that mailed you lottery tickets, it would be an illegal act, and there is a possibility that your lottery claim would not be legitimate or honored.  Plus, it is only a matter of time before someone mailing lottery tickets get shut down (or worse).

I use PTS myself, and I do so after having researched all the available web sites out there.  They could not end up keeping your ticket anyway, because of a bunch of reasons that I will leave it up to them to explain.  I'm not their spokesperson, so if you want the detail, just send them a note.

Good luck to you.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Sparta, NJ
      United States
      Member #18331
      July 9, 2005
      1977 Posts
      Posted: October 19, 2005, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

From betslips.com you get an email and not the real tickets (so say i won the jackpot, and a bloke half way round the world is holding my ticket, when i was that bloke i would be very, very tempted to keep the money for myself. But onbehalf small prices are credited on your account.

I can't speak for other countries, but the US Congress passed a bill that designates you email as officialy being your signature. I think I would have a case in an international court if I didn't get credit for the number on the email.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Herkingen
        Netherlands
        Member #24059
        October 19, 2005
        2 Posts
        Posted: October 21, 2005, 3:03 am - IP Logged

Hello,

Thank you for your replys.

I have got question about betslips.com:

I am reading their website and i do not see an adress or a phonenumber of the company. Why is that? A normal company cannot normally reached only by mail?

Or is there another reason?

Thank you for your reply!

Greetings,

Hein