Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 9:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$653,492 extra for match 5

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by KYPower418.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
Atlantic Mine, Michigan
United States
Member #416
June 23, 2002
1614 Posts
Posted: October 20, 2005, 1:26 am - IP Logged

Total prize increased to $853,492

For PowerPlay winners in Virgin Islands and Kentucky $1,653,492

Brad

KYPower418's avatar - nicebear
    Louisville,KY
    United States
    Member #23702
    October 15, 2005
    45 Posts
    Posted: October 20, 2005, 1:33 am - IP Logged

Awesome a Ky winner! Wonder where from-hope it's someone in my family LOL.

There's always again!

Louisville,KY
      United States
      Member #23702
      October 15, 2005
      45 Posts
      Posted: October 20, 2005, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

A little bit more info about KY winners and the surrounding states in last nite's drawing (source: Wave3.com)

Kentucky had three $200,000 winners, and one of those was sold in Louisville, at a Five Star Food Mart at 9501 Cane Run Road. In addition to the $200,000, that person also receives a share of the Match 5 bonus pool, which comes to another $653,492.

Someone is Owensboro did even better by hitting the Power Play and winning $1,653,492.

Among neighboring states, Missouri had three winners, Indiana had two winners and West Virginia one.

I think the surrounding state winner counts were regarding the Match 5  prize as well. The gas station that sold the Louisville winner isn't too far from my house (15 min or so). I have probably passed that station many times on my way home! Owensboro must be the KY Power play winner-my brother's best friend goes to school there-maybe he hit it LOL. And WV had a winner? Let's hope it wasn't Jack who hit it :/ Looks like a lot of happy (and rich) people with this past jackpot!! Congrats to all the winners (big and small) I ended up with one matching #

There's always again!

United States
        Member #16612
        June 2, 2005
        3493 Posts
        Posted: October 20, 2005, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations to the KY winner and US Virgin Islands winner paying an extra dollar to buy Power Play. As a result, they win 1.6+ million. Lets see how the KY and US Virgin Islands millionaire will fare down the road.

Louisville,KY
          United States
          Member #23702
          October 15, 2005
          45 Posts
          Posted: October 20, 2005, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

I'll be glad to share any additional news I may hear about Match 5 and Power Play winners here in my hometown KY-surely there will be stories about it. Hopefully the big winners will shun the spotlight instead of craving it like some fella we know in the adjacent state LOL....I don't know if KY ever had any big winners-I do remember some guy winning several years back who didn't have a job and recently served time before winning. Hopefully these winners will make KY look better LOL LOL

There's always again!

Louisville,KY
            United States
            Member #23702
            October 15, 2005
            45 Posts
            Posted: October 20, 2005, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Addn'l news about KY winners (source thelouisvillechannel.com)

OWENSBORO, Ky. -- Four Powerball tickets in Kentucky have matched five winners, and have produced some nice chunks of change even without the Powerball, lottery officials said Thursday.

One ticket bought in Owensboro is worth $1 million because the buyer had the correct Power Play number. Three other tickets matching five winners also are preparing to pick up their winnings.

A group of 23 workers at Yamamoto Engineering, in Louisville, won $200,000 for matching the five numbers minus the Powerball, but they'll also get money from an $853,000 bonus pool.

The winnings will be $37,000 each, or $25,000 each after taxes.

There's always again!