Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

tickets

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #24220
October 20, 2005
3 Posts
Posted: October 20, 2005, 8:04 am - IP Logged

Hello ... I am new to these forums and happy to have found them.

My question is to do with purchasing lottery tickets -- is there an online site where I can purchase lottery tickets in my state? I can't always get out of the house but unless the cable is out I can get online.

Thanx.

Alabama
    United States
    Member #17830
    June 27, 2005
    309 Posts
    Posted: October 20, 2005, 8:50 am - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post! You didn't say what state you live in, but for most states, the answer is no. Most require that you purchase your tickets from a lottery retailer.

I would suggest that you visit your state's lottery web site and see what their policy is.

For jackpot games, such as Power Ball and Mega Millions, you can use Prime Ticket Service.

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

United States
      Member #24220
      October 20, 2005
      3 Posts
      Posted: October 20, 2005, 8:58 am - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post! You didn't say what state you live in, but for most states, the answer is no. Most require that you purchase your tickets from a lottery retailer.

I would suggest that you visit your state's lottery web site and see what their policy is.

For jackpot games, such as Power Ball and Mega Millions, you can use Prime Ticket Service.

Thanx. What is a prime ticket service??

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23259 Posts
        Posted: October 20, 2005, 9:06 am - IP Logged

Prime Ticket Service is a ticket service normally used by people who don't have access to a particular game in their area.

They have employees that buy tickets on your behalf, and hold onto them for you in the state they were purchased, because there are laws forbidding the transport of tickets.

If you're new to the concept, there are several topics previously posted about that on Lottery Post, so you should do some homework using the Search feature here, and also read through all the materials on their web site.

Be careful though.  Most of the web sites out there offering that type of service are scamming people, and it was only through months of research that I was able to validate that PTS is completely above-board, and is a quality company to do business with.  I recommend them (and allowed their ads here) for that reason:  I want to do what I can to see that people do not get scammed.

You can access their website using the links in the green area at the left.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
          Member #24220
          October 20, 2005
          3 Posts
          Posted: October 20, 2005, 9:09 am - IP Logged

Great, thanx. If they have employees holding onto tickets in other states then how do they guarantee that the employee does not claim the ticket as their own?

I found the site -- other than the lotteries listed do they service other states??

Again thank you for the information.

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23259 Posts
            Posted: October 20, 2005, 9:18 am - IP Logged

Great, thanx. If they have employees holding onto tickets in other states then how do they guarantee that the employee does not claim the ticket as their own?

I found the site -- other than the lotteries listed do they service other states??

Again thank you for the information.

That's naturally everyone's biggest worry, and one of the things that I posed some very heavy questioning on.  According to them, the people who buy the tickets are under a legal contract, which is all worked out in advance.

The good thing about a government lottery is that everything is done very publicly, so there's no way someone can clandestinely claim a jackpot before the rightful owner has a chance to intervene.

You can look at it like a lottery pool:  if your lottery pool has a written agreement, every court in the country will honor it.  If there's no written agreement, you may be in trouble, and the one holding the tickets may be able to claim them.  However, even in cases where there was no written agreement, some courts have STILL upheld the rights of the group.

They have such a written agreements, as you do when you make your purchase (through their legal language on their web site, and through the confirmation e-mail you get).  So you're covered, and you would indeed get your prize if you won.

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23259 Posts
              Posted: October 20, 2005, 9:19 am - IP Logged

To answer your other question, I don't believe they offer anything other than what's on their site, but that's a question better asked of them.  (Use their contact page.)