Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 11:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are some places luckier for you?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
felinelover's avatar - nw elf4.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #2118
August 19, 2003
39 Posts
Posted: October 21, 2005, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

I seem to find some stores much luckier than others when it comes to qps. Yesterday I went to a Publix I have won straight on qps about 4 times and boxed much more and got one - 065 straight/box. When I looked at the ticket I just knew these numbers would hit, and straight/boxed it again. When I checked the numbers this morning I could have kicked myself for not just boxing it for a dollar or playing it all 6 ways for 50 cents. Well, at least I have $80.00, and a real feeling for 480 tonight, although I don't know how to play it. Does anyone else seem to fare better at certain stores more than others?

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: October 22, 2005, 11:58 am - IP Logged

I seem to find some stores much luckier than others when it comes to qps. Yesterday I went to a Publix I have won straight on qps about 4 times and boxed much more and got one - 065 straight/box. When I looked at the ticket I just knew these numbers would hit, and straight/boxed it again. When I checked the numbers this morning I could have kicked myself for not just boxing it for a dollar or playing it all 6 ways for 50 cents. Well, at least I have $80.00, and a real feeling for 480 tonight, although I don't know how to play it. Does anyone else seem to fare better at certain stores more than others?

I think you're observing something a lot of us notice and none of us probably understand.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

1977's avatar - flower2
      st. pete
      United States
      Member #6680
      September 3, 2004
      1227 Posts
      Posted: October 22, 2005, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

my husband always plays at Publix----he says demographics---

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #12305
        March 10, 2005
        2984 Posts
        Posted: October 22, 2005, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Reading through the various LP news threads over the past several months it's become plain to me that jackpot win tickets sometimes have a way of gravitating to a specific store.  There's a place in Ohio, I think, where a particular store run by East Indians has sold a couple, or more jackpot tickets.

But I've noticed, myself, that QPs purchased at some locations just don't seem to do much, while at others they fare better.

If I knew where the USAF sargeant purchased that winning ticket down in ABQ, and if it didn't involve driving into the heart of the city I'd buy tickets there.  Or if I was down that way anyway I'd be sure to stop in for a QP.

One thing that doesn't seem to happen.  The places you'd think were more strongly metaphysical or spiritually positive don't appear to have an advantage on the numbers.  Sedona, Taos and such, I'm referring to.  Places the various healers, metaphysical gurus are drawn to.

Whatever's going on there doesn't appear to have anything to do with that particular form of magic.

A couple of Soviet scientists wrote a sci-fi novel once called, Roadside Picnic during the 1950s, or so.  A classic, but the author names of which slip my mind at the moment.

Anyway, the underlying theme of the novel was that there were several places on earth where some cosmic travelers or other evidently stopped and had themselves a roadside picnic, left a lot of weird energy and artifacts lying around.  The positioning of the spots on earth where this occured were placed somewhat like a person standing off in outer space firing bullets with the earth as  a target, turning in the face of it, so they were placed all around the globe, but in a regular pattern.

I'm not suggesting that's how these number wins are postitioned, but I do think there are some places with a more concentrated energy than others, and that the types of energy vary from one place to another.  I know some canyons and a mountain or two where certain types of negative events appear to have happened throughout history, and still do. 

And I've occasionally gone to explore a place I knew nothing about and found myself with a case of the fantods, wanting to get off in the other direction so's to get the hair on the back of my neck back down where it belonged.

Which is to say I don't know anything about it, but I have an opinion.  I try not to insist that my opinions make any sense.

Jack

Egos don't count.

United States
          Member #24503
          October 23, 2005
          159 Posts
          Posted: October 23, 2005, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

my husband always plays at Publix----he says demographics---

demographics of what? of whom?

/very interested.

United States
            Member #24503
            October 23, 2005
            159 Posts
            Posted: October 23, 2005, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

speaking of some places being luckier than others... an oldie, not necessarily a goodie:

is this still valid?  was it ever valid?  what are the numbers for places where tickets are sold, versus places where numbers are actually winners?  is there a place to find that information?

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1077/is_n8_v46/ai_10806123

Are state lotteries stacked against Blacks? Some players say the long odds favor White areas

Are State Lotteries Stacked Against Blacks?

Some players say the long odds favor White areas

The word in Harlem is that the best place to buy a Lotto ticket is in upstate New York or midtown Manhattan. And Blacks in the inner-city areas of Chicago, Cleveland, Los Angeles and Philadelphia regularly go the extra mile--and extra miles--to buy Lotto tickets in predominantly White areas and suburbs.

Whether it's true or false, the word is out: state lotteries are stacked against Blacks in inner-city areas.

Despite official claims and statistics to the contrary, there is a widely held belief that something or somebody skews the odds and sends all the really big-money tickets to White players in suburbs or outlying areas far from the inner-city areas where a disproportionately large number of tickets are sold.

This perception reached a peak recently when Black Chicagoans tried to win a near-record $61.5 million pot, only to see the winning tickets end up in the small and predominantly White suburbs of Cahokia, Waukegan and Zion.

This was the last straw for Zeb Smith, a part-time carpenter and frequent lottery player, who has heard all the explanations about computers, mathematical odds and little bitty balls. "I've heard all that stuff," he says. "But somebody's got to explain to me why the numbers always seem to leap over Black areas and land in White areas. I don't believe the people who operate the lotteries are prejudiced, but they must be using prejudiced computers."

Are State Lotteries Stacked Against Blacks?

Some players say the long odds favor White areas

The word in Harlem is that the best place to buy a Lotto ticket is in upstate New York or midtown Manhattan. And Blacks in the inner-city areas of Chicago, Cleveland, Los Angeles and Philadelphia regularly go the extra mile--and extra miles--to buy Lotto tickets in predominantly White areas and suburbs.

Whether it's true or false, the word is out: state lotteries are stacked against Blacks in inner-city areas.

Despite official claims and statistics to the contrary, there is a widely held belief that something or somebody skews the odds and sends all the really big-money tickets to White players in suburbs or outlying areas far from the inner-city areas where a disproportionately large number of tickets are sold.

This perception reached a peak recently when Black Chicagoans tried to win a near-record $61.5 million pot, only to see the winning tickets end up in the small and predominantly White suburbs of Cahokia, Waukegan and Zion.

This was the last straw for Zeb Smith, a part-time carpenter and frequent lottery player, who has heard all the explanations about computers, mathematical odds and little bitty balls. "I've heard all that stuff," he says. "But somebody's got to explain to me why the numbers always seem to leap over Black areas and land in White areas. I don't believe the people who operate the lotteries are prejudiced, but they must be using prejudiced computers."

New Mexico
              United States
              Member #12305
              March 10, 2005
              2984 Posts
              Posted: October 23, 2005, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

Absurd.

Jack

Egos don't count.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
                Member #12618
                March 18, 2005
                2060 Posts
                Posted: October 23, 2005, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

I agreee Jack. The balls drawn don't discriminate...they are just balls. They don't care what color you are. lol.

Dance like no one is watching.

Jani Norman's avatar - fiftyways
                  OHIO
                  United States
                  Member #4164
                  March 27, 2004
                  14586 Posts
                  Posted: October 23, 2005, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

My feelings are that if something is meant for you, you will get it...And yes i have found some places are luckier than others for buying quick picks, I even think certain times of the day helps also when buying, If i buy closer to the draw time like at the last minute i can get a winner ....

"I am what I am by the grace of God."

Kitfany

http://www.ohiolottery.com/

New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #12305
                    March 10, 2005
                    2984 Posts
                    Posted: October 24, 2005, 11:04 am - IP Logged

I agreee Jack. The balls drawn don't discriminate...they are just balls. They don't care what color you are. lol.

It's difficult to imagine why anyone would attempt to pursue such a negative, twisted psychological path as that one.  Seems to require a combination of suspending disbelief, combined with a paranoid desire to look under some unlikely rocks in hopes of finding scorpions, then identifying anything alive, spiders, ants, tumblebugs as part of the scorpion family.

There's a lot of that sort of thing nowadays.... maybe some tiny grain of it true, but mostly horse hockey.  Crack cocaine developed by the CIA to help urban blacks make lousy choices, HIV developed by the CIA to kill off urban blacks and third worlders, on and on.

There appears to be a human satisfaction derived within a certain type of mentality, to believe someone's 'out to get me', the world hates me, and don't be trying to confuse the issue with anything contrarywise.

There's still a lot of racial hatred out there in this brave new world.  About equal amounts in every race, so far as I'm able to tell.  And the people who offer up this type of story seem most frequently to be part of the 'black hates whites because whites ruined my life' syndrome.  Has nothing to do with personal choices, those ruined lives.  Just always the fault of someone else.

Surprisingly it comes out of the mouths of a lot of financially middle class and upper class members of downtrodden races, and college kids of the same ilk, who don't appear to be victims of much of anything.

Much of anything, that is, except government largesse, government preference for the 'downtrodden' races in job selection, and other frequently misguided attempts by government and whites to mitigate an admittedly racially discriminating history that ended about two generations ago.

Jack

Egos don't count.