Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 2:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what to look for....in pick 4??

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 11 years ago by thatgirl65.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
tungsten chef's avatar - nw dwarf5.jpg
Winnipeg
Canada
Member #14974
May 7, 2005
3656 Posts
Posted: October 22, 2005, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

gonna play a few numbers here and there on the pick 4. my first attempt at it. can you avid superstars tell me what to look for. i have versabet, i'm gonna go with Quebec here in Canada. will try others. getting ready for Casho's pick 4 workout coming soon. thanks for replies 

JAP69's avatar - alas
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #6
    November 4, 2001
    8797 Posts
    Posted: October 22, 2005, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

With your versabet look for combos in these groups and find when they are ready or how frequently drawn.

1] consecutives [ not to many combos in that group]

2] all even or all odds

3] 2 low and 2 high are frequently drawn together.

4] wild match combos [ 25 combos there]

5] become familiar with the skip patterns in a combo group using the structure report.

6] use your sort display to find combos.[ ex sort by all even, all odd, below mid, above mid etc.] I hi -lite my group and look for info just in their group.

7] Just go thru all your options in the versabet and find what works for you.

Oo'Ka

retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
      BOSTON
      United States
      Member #48
      September 9, 2001
      3612 Posts
      Posted: October 22, 2005, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

todd; as I look at all the predictors for the pick 4 I hardly ever see straight hit for Mass. so i am curious as to who holds the record for most str. and box hits in this state. Thanks.

Poway CA (San Diego County)
        United States
        Member #3489
        January 25, 2004
        14120 Posts
        Posted: October 23, 2005, 2:33 am - IP Logged

todd; as I look at all the predictors for the pick 4 I hardly ever see straight hit for Mass. so i am curious as to who holds the record for most str. and box hits in this state. Thanks.

For the past 30 days only 2 predictors have "made money" at Pick 4 in MA:

1. Konformthismfs 111.11% $450 $500
        2. lucky743          100.00% $200 $200

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8394 Posts
          Posted: October 23, 2005, 10:22 am - IP Logged

retex in the blue title bar at the top of this page click the predictions then click top predictors then game type click pick 4 and state Mass. wala your there.  

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
            BOSTON
            United States
            Member #48
            September 9, 2001
            3612 Posts
            Posted: October 23, 2005, 10:56 am - IP Logged

boy does that tell you something about trying to predict in Mass. I have said in the past it is one of the hardest states so i guess I am right in that assumption. Would like to see some of the greats on the l p take a crack with one of their systems for the pick 4 and see how well they can do. I challenge all to try. Should be interesting to follow. thanks

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8394 Posts
              Posted: October 23, 2005, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

retxx how do they draw the pick 4 game... ball drawing, computer or are they spinning a wheel with numbers on it.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                South Carolina
                United States
                Member #6
                November 4, 2001
                8797 Posts
                Posted: October 23, 2005, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

boy does that tell you something about trying to predict in Mass. I have said in the past it is one of the hardest states so i guess I am right in that assumption. Would like to see some of the greats on the l p take a crack with one of their systems for the pick 4 and see how well they can do. I challenge all to try. Should be interesting to follow. thanks

I rarely play pick four.

I will post daily for awhile on the four forum for mass.

We will be counting the hits on the front three, back three and all four.

How many numbers you want? 10, 20, 50, 100

Oo'Ka

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8394 Posts
                  Posted: October 23, 2005, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

John I know you rarely play pick 4 but you were and are a really good pick 4 numbers picker.

United States
                    Member #3489
                    January 25, 2004
                    14120 Posts
                    Posted: October 23, 2005, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

retxx how do they draw the pick 4 game... ball drawing, computer or are they spinning a wheel with numbers on it.

Click on Results at the left, then the state you want, then the draw you want, and then draw info.

Massachusetts Numbers

• Game Type: Pick 4
                    • Drawing Days: Every Day
                    • Drawing Time: 6:56 pm Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)
                    • Midday Game: No
                    • Draw Method: Mechanical Lottery Ball Machine
                      United States
                      Member #3489
                      January 25, 2004
                      14120 Posts
                      Posted: October 23, 2005, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

You will find that 99% of all the predictors post for "all states" meaning that they don't have a clue where their numbers are going to hit.  So, some of them do well in particular states because the method they are using works in those states and not others.  I'm NOT saying to disregard those predictions, but check to see where those people are hitting. 

I don't always post Pick 4 and I normally only do 13 states each day (CA,DC,DE,FL,GA,IL/IA,MI,NY,OH,PA,SC,TN,TX). I had the time today to post for all the states, pick 3 and pick 4. I seldom use the "all states" method, but sometimes.  Today I studied each state and posted for each one individually.

Good Luck.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                        FEMA Region V Camp #21
                        United States
                        Member #520
                        July 27, 2002
                        5699 Posts
                        Posted: October 23, 2005, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

Retxx,

As you know, the pick 4 is very hard to hit straight.  My approach for that game is to always play your numbers in ascending order.  In a lifetime of playing you will get at least one straight out of 24 hits.

The other approach is to play the longest out of that combo, but that takes work.  The effort may be worth it because I think you can beat the one out of twenty-four average playing that way.

Why doesn't MA just get a regular pick 3 and pick 4 game like all the other states?  It just baffles me and I think that's why a lot of players here at LP don't participate in that state.  The pick 3 is the most popular lottery game in the US....not the first 3 or last 3 digits in a pick 4 game.

I'd be writing to the lottery commission or boycotting the game.  The game is the oddest of all US states.  Can't they afford three more machines???

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
                          Member #3489
                          January 25, 2004
                          14120 Posts
                          Posted: October 23, 2005, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

If you look at the predictions for MA for today, you will find that there are 34 people predicting.  I am the only one that is NOT predicting the same numbers for all states.  I'm not saying I have the secret, just pointing out that when we keep talking about people predicting for MA, nobody is really doing it on a consistent basis.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                            FEMA Region V Camp #21
                            United States
                            Member #520
                            July 27, 2002
                            5699 Posts
                            Posted: October 23, 2005, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

C-D,

There are valid all states prediction tactics, but I wonder how many of them are profitable.  I tried it several different ways, but found it too tough to turn a profit.

I always check the box to eliminate all state predictions to get an idea of what picks people are playing for that state based on their methods and that specific state and like you said, I am amazed at how few among the many are predicting "state-specific".

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

BOSTON
                              United States
                              Member #48
                              September 9, 2001
                              3612 Posts
                              Posted: October 23, 2005, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

to john.. lets keep it simple. 5 should be enough to post for Mass. Lets see how well you do. Thanks Maybe some one can reveal how they come up with their secret that hits a str. or box would be interesting.