Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

canada 6/49

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
starchild_45's avatar - spherewall2
kent, washington
United States
Member #3509
January 26, 2004
465 Posts
Posted: October 25, 2005, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

what is the deal with the canadian 6/49. since october 1 to now it has reached 40 million canadian. i see more ads for it on the canadian broadcast corporation channel. where people getting jackpot fever because powerball was going up and made them spend money too. it has got to be near a record. i have never seen it hit 40 million before. wow. i think the super 7 went up to 26 million one time. so what do canadian members attribute this too. more publicity on 6/49 part or listening to powerball climb?

Sheba2's avatar - moon2
    Newfoundland
    Canada
    Member #22545
    September 27, 2005
    46 Posts
    Posted: October 25, 2005, 7:21 pm - IP Logged
    IMO I think is could be rigged...
    Anyway... The reason it is so big imo is that when they increased the tickets to 2.00 each, there sales went down, I mean way down. Now they still sold the same dollar amout but not the same amount of tickets...So this is just another way for them to increase there sales and make some easy money for the Lotto Corp!
    Jackpot's were suppose to be:
    30 Mil then 32 Mil then 35 Mil..  But the 30 Million did not go so now its 40 Million.. Will they still have the 35 Million if 40 Million goes? If the 40 million dont go it could reach 50 Million..
    It's Crazy!

Sheba....

Jake649's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

Canada
      Member #2673
      November 2, 2003
      497 Posts
      Posted: October 25, 2005, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

Sales went way up after they increased the price of tickets to $2. I have the sales figures to prove it.

The main reason the jackpot reached $40 million is because the jackpot run started with a bonus jackpot of $25 million. It rolled once to $30 million and then again to $40 million.

Good luck,
      Jake

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: October 25, 2005, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

Yeah Sheba, pretty sneaky on their part. But it was either that or saying good bye to the 6/49 and hello to the 6/54, but even that would be better than raising the price. I think players in Canada, not to mention the U.S., don't want to spend a Toonie or a Jefferson for a single measly line unless they're getting something really special with it. But look on the bright side, $2 doesn't carry as much weight there as it does here.

(insert signature here)

Sheba2's avatar - moon2
          Newfoundland
          Canada
          Member #22545
          September 27, 2005
          46 Posts
          Posted: October 25, 2005, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

Sales went way up after they increased the price of tickets to $2. I have the sales figures to prove it.

The main reason the jackpot reached $40 million is because the jackpot run started with a bonus jackpot of $25 million. It rolled once to $30 million and then again to $40 million.

Sales never went way up.. The Dollar amount may have increased a little..

But people ar enot buying the same amount of tickets...

On a regular 4 Million Jackpot sales are approx: Sales: $14,120,114 , which means 7 + Million tickets sold at 2.00 each..

Before it was: When the jackpot was 2 Million sales were approx..$14,822,122

WHich at 1.oo each was 14+ Million tickets sold...

Sheba....

Ottawa
            Canada
            Member #6169
            August 10, 2004
            20 Posts
            Posted: October 25, 2005, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

Sales never went way up.. The Dollar amount may have increased a little..

But people ar enot buying the same amount of tickets...

On a regular 4 Million Jackpot sales are approx: Sales: $14,120,114 , which means 7 + Million tickets sold at 2.00 each..

Before it was: When the jackpot was 2 Million sales were approx..$14,822,122

WHich at 1.oo each was 14+ Million tickets sold...

Where did you get your figures from? I would assume their sales revenue went quite a bit north (even though tickets are 2.00 compared to 1.00 previously) simply because the jackpots are higher and there is more momentum when the jackpot rolls over.
              kent, washington
              United States
              Member #3509
              January 26, 2004
              465 Posts
              Posted: October 25, 2005, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

it doesn't look like it had a one time jackpot:
              Wed, Oct 26, 2005$40 Million
              $10 Million
              Sat, Oct 22, 2005$30 Million
              $5 Million
              Wed, Oct 19, 2005$25 Million
              $3 Million
              Sat, Oct 15, 2005$22 Million
              $2 Million
              Wed, Oct 12, 2005$20 Million
              $6 Million
              Sat, Oct 8, 2005$14 Million
              $6 Million
              Wed, Oct 5, 2005$8 Million
              $4 Million
              Sat, Oct 1, 2005$4 Million
              No Change
              Wed, Sep 28, 2005$4 Million
              ($4 Million)
              Sat, Sep 24, 2005$8 Million
              No Change
              looks like it made a natural progression from the 5th to now. i agree the toonie is helping the pot grow but it doesn't look a 25million dollar boost.  
                Ottawa
                Canada
                Member #6169
                August 10, 2004
                20 Posts
                Posted: October 26, 2005, 1:08 am - IP Logged

it doesn't look like it had a one time jackpot:
                Wed, Oct 26, 2005$40 Million
                $10 Million
                Sat, Oct 22, 2005$30 Million
                $5 Million
                Wed, Oct 19, 2005$25 Million
                $3 Million
                Sat, Oct 15, 2005$22 Million
                $2 Million
                Wed, Oct 12, 2005$20 Million
                $6 Million
                Sat, Oct 8, 2005$14 Million
                $6 Million
                Wed, Oct 5, 2005$8 Million
                $4 Million
                Sat, Oct 1, 2005$4 Million
                No Change
                Wed, Sep 28, 2005$4 Million
                ($4 Million)
                Sat, Sep 24, 2005$8 Million
                No Change
                looks like it made a natural progression from the 5th to now. i agree the toonie is helping the pot grow but it doesn't look a 25million dollar boost.  

The 22 million dollar jackpot held on Oct 15 was won by a single ticket. Instead of reverting back to 4 million for the next draw as is standard, they boosted the jackpot from 4 million up to 25 million. Since then, no one has won.

Sheba2's avatar - moon2
                  Newfoundland
                  Canada
                  Member #22545
                  September 27, 2005
                  46 Posts
                  Posted: October 26, 2005, 7:47 am - IP Logged

You can go to any Most Lotto Sites Ontaio has one and quebec has another one..

Where the winning numbers are it also shows the total sales for that draw..

Just go back when the tickets were 1.00 each...ANd see the sales then and compare them to now...

There was a Bonus Draw for 25 Million, if that went it was suppose to be 30 anyway, then 32 but the jackpot did not go so it went to 40 Million!

Look at there sales for the last draw.. The prizes should be bigger!

Sheba....

kent, washington
                    United States
                    Member #3509
                    January 26, 2004
                    465 Posts
                    Posted: October 26, 2005, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

ok sambo and sheba i get the point. you live there and hear about all the time. i only see what i see on the CBC. i only have the comercials to tell me that the pot is going up.

Sheba2's avatar - moon2
                      Newfoundland
                      Canada
                      Member #22545
                      September 27, 2005
                      46 Posts
                      Posted: October 26, 2005, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

ok sambo and sheba i get the point. you live there and hear about all the time. i only see what i see on the CBC. i only have the comercials to tell me that the pot is going up.

If I came across rude I am sorry...

Glad youwatch CBC, I watch alot of US SHows as well...

Sheba....

Sparta, NJ
                        United States
                        Member #18331
                        July 9, 2005
                        1977 Posts
                        Posted: October 26, 2005, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

If it rolls to $50M, kick me. I'll make a run through New York!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Sheba2's avatar - moon2
                          Newfoundland
                          Canada
                          Member #22545
                          September 27, 2005
                          46 Posts
                          Posted: October 26, 2005, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

If it rolls to $50M, kick me. I'll make a run through New York!

I would not be surprised it is never went , But I do expect more than 1 winner since all the ads and everyone is talking about it!

Hey it gotta go!

Sheba....

kent, washington
                            United States
                            Member #3509
                            January 26, 2004
                            465 Posts
                            Posted: October 26, 2005, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

didn't take it that way at all sheba.

i like the fact that you get all the money at one time. the evening news on cbc did a story in bc about winners. they showed a local bc winner winning another pot of 2 million dollars. she was real happy. if i win the pot or a piece of the pot. well i will trying real hard to keep the money in canada. i don't want to pay taxes on it down here. have you two heard about any foreigners winning up there. what do they do if you win a big pot and are not a canadian ciitzen?

there was an illegal mexican who won a california pot of 26 million. he did nothing wrong except be an illegal alien. well california paid him all his money. after receiving the check he was promptly deported. if i was him i wouldn't want to come back to the us. he could live like a king in mexico. they did take taxes out on him too.

i would have to get some one who knows international laws so that i could keep the winnings in canada.

a side story about the cbc. i live in the seattle washinton area. a few years ago when a lot of cable systems were retooling their channel line up. they dropped the cbc. let me tell you there was an uproar about that up and down the seattle area. people were pissed. it took the cable comapanies about a year to straighten up that mess.

i get up to bc a lot. i have talked to locals and they say they hate that channel. well here in the states. that is all we get. i am rather fond of the channel even if it is the only canadian channel i get. i have talked so much about that channel. my cousin in new jersey who has a satelite service. has started watching the same channel. he could probably get other canadian channels but he watches that one too. Star so i hope things don't change. we may disagree about a lot of things but i love watching canadian televison when i am in the hotels there.

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                              Magnolia, Delaware
                              United States
                              Member #18795
                              July 20, 2005
                              789 Posts
                              Posted: October 26, 2005, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Since he was an illegal alien in California he got hit hard by the feds alone beside what California took from him! Being an illegal or a person of a foreign country hitting the lottery here in the states, the standard take from the IRS is 30%! Yes, I said 30%. Who knows what Calif hit him for? Only God knows and of course him and the state of Calif. But I could bet it would be a nice sum since most illegal aliens don't file state or federal income taxes! So the IRS could have hit him for even more, who knows!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up